Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very technically gifted (or at least, much more technically gifted than the likes of Belotti or Lukaku), strong, holds up the ball well and brings others into play (so probably good having pace around him). Also excellent in the air. His finishing has improved massively over the last year or so but I still think his composure is occasionally suspect. Also drifts wide more than I think I'd want a lone striker to do.

But he is always productive out wide. Always direct and on the front foot. I too have my doubts over strikers who drift out wide to find space, but Morata always seems to be driving into the box (when he is out wide) to make things happen.

:drool::drool::drool:

Video is only a week old. Whip your cock out and dip into a jar of warm honey.

:drool:

On another note they need to start making videos of players' foul ups. That would be far more helpful in assessing a player's quality for online/youtube/amateur/armchair scouts.

But he is always productive out wide. Always direct and on the front foot. I too have my doubts over striker who drift out wide to find space but Morata always seems to be driving into the box to make things happen.
True. He also seems to do really well holding the ball up when he drifts wide; stays strong and doesn't allow himself to be bullied, and usually tries to get round his marker and play a cut-back into the box. Just need to make sure we have players moving into that space when he vacates it.

On another note they need to start making videos of players' foul ups. That would be far more helpful in assessing a player's quality for online/youtube/amateur/armchair scouts.
This is so true, it's why I prefer individual match videos rather than overall compilations. I can't find it now, but there was one I saw of Morata from this season where he played a great game and scored, but really probably should have had a hattrick.

United will be ready, but rest assured some Recruitment policy's like galactico and barca dna wont be feasible soon as the prices will soar beyond affordable limits for every club on the planet. Youth focus will again be the new norm. Football do run in cycles.

Sooner or later price controls will be introduced.

very happy with this transfer. always like Morata since Jose brought him from Madrid youth and he played for Juventus. hopefully he can become great player for us.

True. He also seems to do really well holding the ball up when he drifts wide; stays strong and doesn't allow himself to be bullied, and usually tries to get round his marker and play a cut-back into the box. Just need to make sure we have players moving into that space when he vacates it.

This is so true, it's why I prefer individual match videos rather than overall compilations. I can't find it now, but there was one I saw of Morata from this season where he played a great game and scored, but really probably should have had a hattrick.

The thing is he is 6'2 yet he has great technical ability. Not Ibra's level or anything outrageous but nevertheless as you say he is very technically gifted. That gives him a great advantage in holding up the ball right from the start. Another thing about Morata, is that he's got a head on his shoulders and he knows how to use his body to shield the ball. So he's got all the ability in the world in my opinion. Now, it's a case of him coming here, being the main man and showing that every week to quash any criticism about his inconsistency. Again, I'm not saying he is once in 20 years talent but he can definitely become very potent through showing consistency and the will to fulfil the talent that he has.

:drool:

Not really. Even the best can make amateurish mistakes. Videos like this should show their standard highlights as well as what they are capable of, just look for full match touches if you want to see everything in it.

Bollocks? Jose wasn't even our manager then and he seemingly has a good relationship with Perez.

Yep. Jose had a has very good relationship with Perez, iicr. To the point where Florentino was considering rehiring Jose before he took the United job only for Ramos and co to step in and tell Perez to feck off!!

Morata said recently he hopes to be playing on the same team as James next season. I think those two would settle well with the Spanish speaking contingent now at United. A great finisher at #9 and a great creative playmaker at #10 would be a lot of fun to watch.

James Rodriguez is a back up player for Madrid yet is still top class and can start for many teams and would probably cost around the same.

Morata is not world class yet, but he has bags of potential to be among the best in Europe.

Who hasnt been sold yet so I guess the answer is nobody else is paying that amount of money for a back-up player? James Rodriguez also proved himself by starring the world cup.

A back up for Madrid, who can easily field two different world class teams with the amount of talent they got.

If you think he will be warming the bench for Rashford/Martial next year you are wrong.

That doesnt answer my question. Also, if he was a world class talent, ask yourself why madrid would be selling a home-grown, world class player who doesnt want to move and is happy to stay and fight for playing time.

Not really. Even the best can make amateurish mistakes. Videos like this should show their standard highlights as well as what they are capable of, just look for full match touches if you want to see everything in it.

Yes really.

Fellaini's highlight reel (as a random example) makes him look far far better than he is as his weaknesses are omitted. A look at his blooper reel would give a fairer picture re. his weaker first touch, long passing and poor control. When for example have players with strengths in these areas been guilty of making the same basic mistakes with similar regularity?

A blooper reel of players with high ball control showing poor control would (by definition) be much harder to put together and would in all likelihood be much shorter. I think that videos of this sort would give balance (when combined with the types of videos that are already out there).

This type of video about Lukaku would for example highlight his poor first touch (and by all accounts) decision making. Nani's (likewise) would again highlight his particularly poor decision making. (Remember the Ronaldo offside non-goal? How many players make decisions like that?)

Yes all players make mistakes but players tend to make mistakes of certain types with greater regularity (which in time become known as their weaknesses). You could learn this all by watching game highlights but just as the pro-version is the condensed essence of the best of their game the blooper-version is the condensed negative aspects. And just like with the positive equivalent they should be viewed with the understanding that a single video cannot tell the entire story.

I'm sure that official scouting videos include videos/scenes of both types - showing positive and negative aspects. If it is good enough for the professionals it is good enough for me sat at home in my armchair.

Yes really.

Fellaini's highlight reel (as a random example) makes him look far far better than he is as his weaknesses are omitted. A look at his blooper reel would give a fairer picture re. his weaker first touch, long passing and poor control. When for example have players with strengths in these areas been guilty of making the same basic mistakes with similar regularity?

A blooper reel of players with high ball control showing poor control would (by definition) be much harder to put together and would in all likelihood be much shorter. I think that videos of this sort would give balance (when combined with the types of videos that are already out there).

This type of video about Lukaku would for example highlight his poor first touch (and by all accounts) decision making. Nani's (likewise) would again highlight his particularly poor decision making. (Remember the Ronaldo offside non-goal? How many players make decisions like that?)

Yes all players make mistakes but players tend to make mistakes of certain types with greater regularity (which in time become known as their weaknesses). You could learn this all by watching game highlights but just as the pro-version is the condensed essence of the best of their game the blooper-version is the condensed negative aspects. And just like with the positive equivalent they should be viewed with the understanding that a single video cannot tell the entire story.

I'm sure that official scouting videos include videos/scenes of both types - showing positive and negative aspects. If it is good enough for the professionals it is good enough for me sat at home in my armchair.
Keep in mind that these are randoms making youtube videos just for shits. Why would someone make a boring video of bad touches and misses? Like I said, if you want a true idea, look at every touch in a game video. If you want the best of that player and what they are capable of, then 99% of compilation videos basically.

We'll have to see how he does. Hopefully he transitions well. Kroos/Modric/Marcelo spoonfeeding you opportunities while Ronaldo/Bale preoccupying the opponent defenders and your team casually destroying all other league teams not named Barcelona (or Atletico to a lesser extent) is a very, very different playing field compared to playing for any English team.

Last edited:
Who hasnt been sold yet so I guess the answer is nobody else is paying that amount of money for a back-up player? James Rodriguez also proved himself by starring the world cup.

That doesnt answer my question. Also, if he was a world class talent, ask yourself why madrid would be selling a home-grown, world class player who doesnt want to move and is happy to stay and fight for playing time.
Morata is not at all happy to stay and fight for playing time. That is what he did last seson and felt he had done enough but still didnt get the playing time.

Unless Benzema is sold and no Mbappe arrival, Morata is leaving. He will be stupid to gamble on Zidane benching a french player in a WC year.

For the same reason they sold Robben for instance or more recently ADM.

Some of the transfer forum threads go round and round a bit as people come and go. I find myself skimming over conversations I've already seen as people drop in and out, clearly not reading the substantial postings that have gone before.

This thread is great now, however, as we're treated to ongoing 'he's not Italian' interjections! I think the mods should threadmark each one for our reference.

Keep in mind that these are randoms making youtube videos just for shits. Why would someone make a boring video of bad touches and misses? Like I said, if you want a true idea, look at every touch in a game video. If you want the best of that player and what they are capable of, then 99% of compilation videos basically.

Totally agree! It's not as if we're actually scouting the player and it's a real scouting video.

In any event it still shows the best a player can produce, so you still get an idea of his maximum level and the most you can expect from a player.

He wants to be a starter but he doesnt work too well with ronaldo, occupying similar positions and making similar runs, etc.. so he wont be a starter there as long as ronaldo is tearing shit up. Besides, probably wont ever have the truly world class striker tag to bring in sponsorship deals, the fame, and Real Madrid always want that.

Morata is not at all happy to stay and fight for playing time. That is what he did last seson and felt he had done enough but still didnt get the playing time.

Unless Benzema is sold and no Mbappe arrival, Morata is leaving. He will be stupid to gamble on Zidane benching a french player in a WC year.

Must have been mistaken then, the last I remember was him saying he is happy to stay.

He wants to be a starter but he doesnt work too well with ronaldo, occupying similar positions and making similar runs, etc.. so he wont be a starter there as long as ronaldo is tearing shit up. Besides, probably wont ever have the truly world class striker tag to bring in sponsorship deals, the fame, and Real Madrid always want that.

I know that, my point was if he had as much potential as some here are saying madrid would be willing to keep him as ronaldo/benzema are both old and ronaldo in particular is going to be rotated more and more.

Ok, what's the in-joke about the different nationalities :mad:
its the same as Obama conspiracy. No one knows if he's truly Spanish. Have you seen his birth certificate? Fake as hell. In fact he's Italian. Darmian however is Spanish.

Must have been mistaken then, the last I remember was him saying he is happy to stay.

I know that, my point was if he had as much potential as some here are saying madrid would be willing to keep him as ronaldo/benzema are both old and ronaldo in particular is going to be rotated more and more.
He is happy to stay if he is a starter, not on the bench behind Benzema or any other player.

This is what Morata said:"It's hard to imagine going back to Italy, despite my experience in Serie A being extraordinary," he said. "I would like to stay at Real Madrid, and the only club for me in Italy are Juventus."

His agent clarified further:"He doesn't want to go through another season like that. It was a great season, but he wants to play more," Morata's agent, Juanma Lopez, said. "Alvaro is a player who wants to play a more important role. He wants to play more. That's normal for a striker who's scored 19 goals. It's not enough."

its the same as Obama conspiracy. No one knows if he's truly Spanish. Have you seen his birth certificate? Fake as hell. In fact he's Italian. Darmian however is Spanish.

This reminds me of Andi Möller.
"Where are you going to play next Season?"
"Milan or Madrid - the main thing is it is going to be Italy."

I don't think people need to be worrying about him being on Madrid's bench. He outscored Benzema and Bale this season and has one of the highest conversion rates in the league in the past season.

This reminds me of when James Harden was the 6th man for OKC, scoring around 15 points off the bench per game, but when he became the main man in Houston, he went off for 25 points a game in his first season, and has since become an MVP contender.

Might not the best comparison, but he could really blossom playing 40+ games as our starting striker. If he scored 20 goals from the bench last season, I could see him bettering that effort here as a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.