Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mourinho going to great lengths to back up his claim that he wouldn't have sold Welbeck, by shelling out ridiculous fees for his Spanish equivalent. This'll be interesting.

I'm gonna go with 14 league goals next season.

We create too much, he should get that minimum. Josh King got 14 goals for god sake.

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that at least half our fans on the caf are actually insane.

We're about to buy a potentially excellent striker who is right in the age bracket we need.

Not only this, but this signing will likely be the first of four or five signings united make this summer. You have to trust this manager that he knows exactly what he's doing and just maybe knows a thing or two more than any of us about building a title winning side.

Sorry for the rant but I'm just sick to death of the whining.
Bravo :lol: (not the keeper)

73M?!? GBP? EUR? Oh come on, since when is Morata the new Cristiano Ronaldo? This is insane, Real asking for 73M for a player.
I hope Jose has a clear idea on how to use Morata because that can go South very easily at this price point...

Mourinho going to great lengths to back up his claim that he wouldn't have sold Welbeck, by shelling out ridiculous fees for his Spanish equivalent. This'll be interesting.

I'm gonna go with 14 league goals next season.

Equating Morata to Welbeck

what

One thing to remember when talking about fees is the massive increase in revenue.
DBlHeB-XoAQh8fa.jpg:large

So the sum Liverpool wanted to pay for van Dijk, which was ridiculed, is relatively speaking far less than the 8 million they paid for Collymore in 1995. I would presume our numbers are even more extreme. 60, 70 or whatever is not that important as long as we get our man.

PS: The source for the pic is @bojochris on twitter.
That table... Jesus fecking Christ... those are their Top 30 transfers of the PL era? No wonder they've won jack.

73M?!? GBP? EUR? Oh come on, since when is Morata the new Cristiano Ronaldo? This is insane, Real asking for 73M for a player.
I hope Jose has a clear idea on how to use Morata because that can go South very easily at this price point...
I'm sure he doesn't. He is just pissing our money away as part of an elaborate windup. Such a troll.

Wonderful post. Really top notch.

Álvaro Morata has reached an agreement with Manchester United to play at Old Trafford next season. The 24-year-old Spaniard, who would only have a few fringe finishes, would initially sign for four seasons with the English team, according to have confirmed to this newspaper sources close to the negotiation. The Real Madrid player, who is currently focused on the Spanish team, now hopes that both clubs reach an agreement for his transfer. Álvaro Morata closes an agreement with Manchester United. Morata and James, brightness with unknowns Isco, Morata and James, the bad substitutes The player's representative met yesterday with members of the white club to inform the intention of the striker and to launch the negotiations. The Morata environment expects the sale to close in the amount of 70 million euros, making it the most expensive Spanish transfer in history ahead of Fernando Torres, who changed Liverpool for Chelsea for 58.8 million of euros. If his departure to Manchester United materialize, Álvaro Morata will be put under the orders of José Mourinho again. The Portuguese coach was the one who made him debut with the first team of Madrid on December 12, 2010 in a League game against Zaragoza. The sale to Manchester United would also mean the definitive disengagement of the Madrid striker and Real Madrid, who bought him last summer to Juventus for about 30 million euros after two seasons in the Italian team. Great goalkeeper Morata would leave Madrid after signing a remarkable season under Zinedine Zidane despite lack of continuity and opportunities in the big matches. The canterano has played 1,872 minutes - less than in the two seasons at Juventus - scattered in 43 games in which he scored 20 goals and gave six assists. His records and having the highest scoring average of the squad (one goal every 93 minutes) did not allow him to rise in rank and fight from you to you with Benzema, the starting striker. Zidane did not give him a minute in any of the league derbies and classics and he did not count on him from the quarter-finals of the Champions League, except the last two minutes of the semifinal round against Atletico and the final of the final Before the Juventus. If he finally lands at Old Trafford and sits on the English team, Morata will get what he did not achieve in either Madrid or Juventus, to be the starter and undisputed striker of a top-notch team.

Anyone know how reliable Pablo Perez is?

Big athletic strikers rarely work out in Mou's system. Not sure he knows what he's doing.

I'm sure he doesn't. He is just pissing our money away as part of an elaborate windup. Such a troll.
At this price point, you don't have that much margin to fail, and every manager takes a risk with a player.
Usually, you pay the price low enough so that it doesn't become an issue even if it doesn't work out.
Or you pay more to have a guaranteed success.

Can we say at 99% confidence point that Morata will be a success with a 73M price tag?
It's not a troll to doubt, and I'm kind of surprised to be treated as one actually, I've never really been one on Redcafe for all those years I've been here.

Usually get this days before a transfer is complete.

Sounds like your typical transfer, club sounds out a player first and sorts out the personal terms. Then approaches the club to sound out a fee. Could all be bullshit but we shall see what happens. A fee rumoured in the region of 70m seems reckon ludicrous though the markets bonkers. I think Jose will be proved right in his comments on Pogba's fee. That 90m will seem like a bargain in the not so near future.

You can only admire optimism in here. Whether it's about quality of a player or about our ability to finalize the deal. Yeah, if we made our second offer today (and there were several reports about it), €73 million deal with Real Madrid can be concluded within few hours and officially announced.

There are about 10 lawyers in it from each side going through every word on paper and club's representatives who are not in best relations but more importantly who are discussing not just the total fee but also installments, maybe profit of future sale or whatever comes to their mind.
It is best when you do it without any media coverage and we did it before, but when dealing with Real or in fact when you are talking about a deal of this size that is impossible.

You do realize this isn't 2009 anymore, right?

73M is a reasonable price for that kind of player. Ronaldo would've cost 200M in today's market.

With so few options available, personally this was the striker i had wanted after Icardi. However, i still think he is a striker with many good qualities without really excelling in one. If he can continue to improve with games, he could go on to becoming a very complete striker. As such, JM will be looking for goals from his wide 2, and 1 of his 3 central midfielders. James Rodriguez is surely a lock-in for our next signings with a CB, LB and DM to complete our transfers.8

Good Spanish contingent at the team.

Maybe Thiago is next :drool::drool::drool:

Seriously though, Morata will be a success imo. Fee is extensive, but that's the market.

Helped my Fulham team win back to back league titles, so worth a punt. We'll need to buy Nathan Redmond and Kevin Volland for the wings with Morata as the tip of the spear for it to work properly, with James Ward-Prowse as our playmaker.

What the feck. Watch at least some of his games, he is exceptional at holding up play and has good technique - two things that Chicharito doesn't have. He also scored a lot of goals from outside the box. Don't believe what you see on redcafe, most people here post BS.

You say he can hold the ball well - what's he like under pressure? Can he still do that? If he is then he would be a great asset for us against a team like Liverpool when they try to put pressure on us when we're building up our attacks in their final third.

73m is an absurd price for a player like this. I'm normally very optimistic about any signings that United makes, and I always support all our players, but I can't help but feel he's a 30m player. Yes I know transfer fees are sky rocketing etc but we are still vastly overpaying for a benchwarmer.
Is he the player to lead our line and score 30 goals per season? I can't help but feel it's a big downgrade from Zlatan. Damn that injury!

You do realize this isn't 2009 anymore, right?

73M is a reasonable price for that kind of player. Ronaldo would've cost 200M in today's market.

the fact transfer fees seem to remain stagnant forever in people's heads is a constant mystery to me

So according to that El Pais report the fee is £61.6 million. Pretty fair in this mad transfer market.

We'll be forced to pay a lot for a striker this summer anyway or we won't get anyway, either Belotti or Morata will cost us a fortune so just finish Morata deal's quickly or we will never move to the next transfer. We won't get a striker for a cheap price this summer unless people here are deceiving themselves.

This source any good?

I would say reasonably so, El País seems to to be the equivalent of the Guardian of the Spanish speaking world.

In the article they specify details such as his representatives meeting to finalise the deal and that he will receive a four year contract at United.

How in the world is Morata Danny Welbeck? Morata is a great player with a proven track record against the best teams in Europe. Only track record Welbeck has worth noting is his appearances in the emergency room.

Status
Not open for further replies.