Your Hidden Gems or under the radar - Wanted Signings

Surprised not to have seen a thread on that young Saints winger who absolutely murdered Dalot in the first half

I'd love to find a very experienced older centre forward, someone to turn to if the goals aren't flowing, proven goal-scoring class but now towards end of his career who could also help younger forwards (yes, I know we've got RvN on staff but not same thing). A Vardy-type character but not particularly Vardy...
What could go wrong?

Falcao, Cavani, Ronaldo……

Glad this didn’t become a thing this summer.

Cavani doesn’t belong in the conversation as I’d say he was a success for being a free

Ronaldo is its own situation
Free is irrelevant at those sorts of wages. Cavani was very expensive overall. He was decent in the first season and crap in the second. Success would be a stretch.

Free is irrelevant at those sorts of wages. Cavani was very expensive overall. He was decent in the first season and crap in the second. Success would be a stretch.
Mate it's the equivalent of paying a 10m transfer fee and a player playing for free without wages. You're severely overblowing it, and for what he brought (basically saved our ass second half of 20/21 along with Pogba and Greenwood) it was worth it.

I say this as someone that thought it was embarassing that people were singing songs and adored him after how little he actually played his time here. But people overrate the wages thing far too much for free/short term signings.

He seemed to see his arse over Ronaldo. That and his persistent injury issues did for him.

As an aside, he would have been an absolute club legend for us if we’d managed to sign him 5 years earlier. Ah, coulda woulda shoulda.