Your Hidden Gems or under the radar - Wanted Signings

This thread doing a better job than our scouts. Not even sure we have scouts. Which hidden gems have we signed since SAF?
Darmian? Dalot? D. James? Amad? Pellistri? Malacia?

Is Dalot is the only u25 player we’ve signed for <€30m that can be called a success? There are always lesser known players out there available for «cheap» that would come good. Instead they’re picked up by others and outperform our marquee signings.

Soule would be an interesting one to include in a Greenwood deal. I would love the Chiesa of old, but I think that guy has gone.

I have been following Juventus for decades and I have a number of mates who are avid Juventini fans. Here's my 2c about them

a- they have some of the finest scouts in the world. Yet their patience with kids is frustratingly thin. Soule is set to follow a long list of very promising kids they bought and they barely given an opportunity to shine which include the likes of Berardi and a certain Thierry Henry.

b- they are suckers for a big name signing on the cheap.

Now Soule is officially on sale with Greenwood and Sancho being two of their main targets. If we offer Sancho for Soule then they'll probably snap our hands off. From their POV they'll be walking away with a 70m signing for the price of a kid they got on a free. We on the other hand would get a very talented player, whose on the cheap (salary wise) and we would get rid of a trouble maker on silly salary.

It would be hilarious seeing the very strict Juventus dealing with Sancho afterwards. It would be like Souness waking up after a night out, naked, in Paul Pogba's bed

Regardless of his position, getting one of the most talented young DMs in the world who happens to be british would only make sense. Problem is rsther would he come here given his strong Leeds conmections.
I don't think that would matter as much as we think nowadays. Leeds would probably want to get as much as they can vs past rivalries. Plus it's not like we haven't done deals with Leeds recently.

I think we could also convince him to come here since he'd have a good shot at starting some games in the PL and in Europe, while being part of the future young core of the team. Opportunities for clubs like Utd come rarely, if he misses out this year to make a move and does poorly next season he might not get another move for a while. Teams move quickly to the next young player very quickly.

Still not the worst idea tbh, we can sell AWB and have Gray rotate between midfield and RB depending on need for 1 season. Then next summer we can get a more reliable backup RB and let Gray be in the MF full time. We need more players that can play multiple positions to help keep our wages down.
Not the worst idea but as has been mentioned before, his family links to Leeds make this a no goer.

Plus, there’s loads of interest elsewhere. More like a Bayern or Liverpool signing.

Under the radar signing would probably mean a younger player who is yet to showcase his ability on the big stage.

And I think there's a very interesting young player at PSV who looks to be someone that could develop into a very promising deeper lying playmaker. That player is Tygo Land who is still 18 but is displaying a very high technical level for his age.

The ability to evade and resist pressure whilst keeping composure whilst carrying the ball is of a very high level for his age. A very interesting player who I'm sure we'll here more of next season.

Is there no one in South East Asia blowing up? We could do with another Park or Son!

Is there no one in South East Asia blowing up? We could do with another Park or Son!
Bae Jun-Ho, offensive allrounder from Stoke City. I posted about him on the hidden gems chat a while ago.

I'll check his clips out mate.
Another up and coming Korean talent is Yang Min-Hyuk, 18 years old winger of Gangwon FC.
A very tidy, skillful player with a good shooting technique, hence people compare him to Son over there.
He has 5G3A in 18 games so far this season (K-League starts in winter), but his influences are beyond the stats (as Bae's at Stoke City).
Looks destined to have a great career.

Under the radar signing would probably mean a younger player who is yet to showcase his ability on the big stage.

And I think there's a very interesting young player at PSV who looks to be someone that could develop into a very promising deeper lying playmaker. That player is Tygo Land who is still 18 but is displaying a very high technical level for his age.

The ability to evade and resist pressure whilst keeping composure whilst carrying the ball is of a very high level for his age. A very interesting player who I'm sure we'll here more of next season.

Sounds like a Lego Land knock off

Brentford paying 35m for Archie Gray is going to be seen as an unbelievable deal in a few seasons.

This thread doing a better job than our scouts. Not even sure we have scouts. Which hidden gems have we signed since SAF?

Is Dalot is the only u25 player we’ve signed for <€30m that can be called a success? There are always lesser known players out there available for «cheap» that would come good. Instead they’re picked up by others and outperform our marquee signings.

Garnacho?

Santiago Gimenez is someone I would still go after had a great season at Feyenoord but is stuggling at the Copa Americia with Mexico but would be available under 30 million you'd think.

Richard Rios might be someone to take a closer look at, seems to be having a good Copa. I don't know much about him from his Palmerias performances. Seems like he could be a cheaper alternative to few of the DMs out there.

Philogene is going to be on the move this summer. Apparently us, Palace and Ipswich have all made offers.

Philogene is going to be on the move this summer. Apparently us, Palace and Ipswich have all made offers.

Surely Palace makes the most sense for him given their track record with such signings and Olise graduating to Bayern this summer. Unless we can offload Antony I'm not sure where he fits for us, looks like a very nice, versatile forward though.

To be honest, I don't know much about him nor did I watch many games of him this season, and I'm also not a fan of Youtube HL videos at all, but I've heard and read a lot of good things about this guy and he's also linked with AC Milan. I'm talking about FC Basel midfielder Renato Veiga, Portuguese U21 NT player, who is soon getting 21 years old, is a left-footed DM (no.6), 1.90 tall, versatile (mainly DM but can also play CB and LB), has been a key player to a weak Basel side last season. Maybe someone knows more about him?

Apparently joining Chelsea now. Why do they need another DM?? They already have Caicedo, Lavia and Ugochukwu..

Saël Kumbedi, 19-year old RB of Olympique Lyon, is linked with Rennes and Nice and is valued at €10m. He looks like a really talented RB and could be a good understudy to Dalot.

Copa America players that are probably bargains for whatever fees their clubs want and cheap alternatives to some of the players we are linked with

Jon Aramburu, 21, Venezuela and Real Sociedad rightback who can also play on the left.
Incredibly aggressive ball winner and can put in a good cross with 2 assists in the 3 Venezuela games. Doesnt have huge pace but off the charts attitude and competitiveness more than make up for it.

Johan Vasquez, 25, Mexico and Genoa CB and Left Back. 3 strong performances at CB for Mexico after a good season for Genoa.
Again incredibly aggressive in the tackle and won everything in the air, played lots of passes with accuracy just not the most creative.

Richard Rios, 24, Colombia and Palmeires CM and DM.
Lots of dribbles and the strength and balance to hold off challenges at will. 1 goal in 5 games, but constantly running at players with his 3.2 dribbles per game the most of his team above Luis Diaz. Usually won a foul or two from them as well.

Julio Enciso of Brighton had a pretty good 3 games as well, back to form after injury issues last season. Would cost by far the most because hes already in the premier league

Copa America players that are probably bargains for whatever fees their clubs want and cheap alternatives to some of the players we are linked with

Jon Aramburu, 21, Venezuela and Real Sociedad rightback who can also play on the left.
Incredibly aggressive ball winner and can put in a good cross with 2 assists in the 3 Venezuela games. Doesnt have huge pace but off the charts attitude and competitiveness more than make up for it.

Johan Vasquez, 25, Mexico and Genoa CB and Left Back. 3 strong performances at CB for Mexico after a good season for Genoa.
Again incredibly aggressive in the tackle and won everything in the air, played lots of passes with accuracy just not the most creative.

Richard Rios, 24, Colombia and Palmeires CM and DM.
Lots of dribbles and the strength and balance to hold off challenges at will. 1 goal in 5 games, but constantly running at players with his 3.2 dribbles per game the most of his team above Luis Diaz. Usually won a foul or two from them as well.

Julio Enciso of Brighton had a pretty good 3 games as well, back to form after injury issues last season. Would cost by far the most because hes already in the premier league
Rios has definitely caught my eye, seems to have a very good skillset that would be a good pick up for a team in Europe.

Zubimendi from Sociedad or Ricci from Torino, it's been too long since we've had a deep-lying playmaker.

Robert Renan a 20 year old LCB/LB is showing a very high level for his age. Technically and physically he seems very impressive already and his ability to break the lines and evade the press are definitely stand out attributes. He's also quick and athletic with great composure and is someone who I feel has the potential to play for a very big club in Europe. I would be happy if we signed him and I feel he would be a great player to send over on loan to OGC Nice for a season.

Zenit St Petersburg picked him on a free transfer as a teenager from Corinthians and loaned him back to Internacional where he's been particularly impressive for someone so young.

Don't know if he's still considered a hidden gem, but 20-years old Swedish CM/DM Hugo Larsson of Eintracht Frankfurt looks like a proper talent and is considered one of the best midfielders in Bundesliga last season (was an instant key player for his team since joining from Malmo a year ago). While his best position is as a box to box, he is good and versatile enough to play deeper, allowing us to rotate with new DM (Ugarte) and Mainoo. I reckon he'd be a bit expensive with a contract until 2028, but he'd be the perfect McTominay replacement (or huge upgrade) from his profile. Would also fit our new transfer strategy to get the best talents early. Or at least one to keep an eye on.

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-hugo-larsson/

https://www.getfootballnewsgermany....son-the-swede-taking-the-bundesliga-by-storm/

Garnacho

Don't know if he's still considered a hidden gem, but 20-years old Swedish CM/DM Hugo Larsson of Eintracht Frankfurt looks like a proper talent and is considered one of the best midfielders in Bundesliga last season (was an instant key player for his team since joining from Malmo a year ago). While his best position is as a box to box, he is good and versatile enough to play deeper, allowing us to rotate with new DM (Ugarte) and Mainoo. I reckon he'd be a bit expensive with a contract until 2028, but he'd be the perfect McTominay replacement (or huge upgrade) from his profile. Would also fit our new transfer strategy to get the best talents early. Or at least one to keep an eye on.

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-hugo-larsson/

https://www.getfootballnewsgermany....son-the-swede-taking-the-bundesliga-by-storm/

Obligatory comment regarding how good he is on FM.

Sign Quinten Timber now before he turns international and starts in the Champions league for Feyenoord this year.

An option for the future; George Ilenikhena

17 year old Nigerian striker at Antwerp. First season in Belgium, mostly came on as a substitute, 8 goals and 1 assist in approximately 900 mins of football. Too soon for a club as United, but I think he'll become a good player. Poacher type.

An option for the future; George Ilenikhena

17 year old Nigerian striker at Antwerp. First season in Belgium, mostly came on as a substitute, 8 goals and 1 assist in approximately 900 mins of football. Too soon for a club as United, but I think he'll become a good player. Poacher type.

Going to Monaco for about €20 million.

I have been following Juventus for decades and I have a number of mates who are avid Juventini fans. Here's my 2c about them

a- they have some of the finest scouts in the world. Yet their patience with kids is frustratingly thin. Soule is set to follow a long list of very promising kids they bought and they barely given an opportunity to shine which include the likes of Berardi and a certain Thierry Henry.

b- they are suckers for a big name signing on the cheap.

Now Soule is officially on sale with Greenwood and Sancho being two of their main targets. If we offer Sancho for Soule then they'll probably snap our hands off. From their POV they'll be walking away with a 70m signing for the price of a kid they got on a free. We on the other hand would get a very talented player, whose on the cheap (salary wise) and we would get rid of a trouble maker on silly salary.

It would be hilarious seeing the very strict Juventus dealing with Sancho afterwards. It would be like Souness waking up after a night out, naked, in Paul Pogba's bed

That's seems to be a trend with them in many cases.

As an example they had Cuti Romero, they loan him to Genoa and Atlanta (where he became Seria A Defender of the year) he got back and they sold him to Spurs and bought De Light , to then later ship him to Bayern.

Maybe Juve are doing some shady bizzness with transfers, who knows, but even when they bought De Light, not pairing him with Romero to at least try and if it worked de settle for years, it was weird, no matter if nowadays De Light might not be seen as the ubber shining new star he was when they bought him.
They do some silly, weird stuff.

I'm very curious to see what Issahaku Fatawu could do in the Premier League.
For me the player under 20 with the biggest pottencial that i've seen in Portugal in the lastest years.

I'm very curious to see what Issahaku Fatawu could do in the Premier League.
For me the player under 20 with the biggest pottencial that i've seen in Portugal in the lastest years.
I think he's going to be great, very suited to prem football. My mates a Leicester fan, so may actually be able to watch him in person this season.