Your Hidden Gems or under the radar - Wanted Signings

Obviously Desire Doue isnt uder the radar this summer at Rennes.

Watched them a few times last season dismayed to see Giouri (a long time favourite)flopping.

In terms of looking for a right back Vanderson is my ideal choicebut in terms of cheaper options none of the linked players excite me.

Alidu Seidu although rash looksan exciting attacking RB who would do well in the premiership

Mario Hermoso is very much under the radar. Dont understand why we're not in for him. Left footed centre back that can also play left back, and he is available for free. Played for Atletico for the last 5 seasons, very experienced and a ball playing defender that can cover two roles we need to fill. We could add some real quality in midfield if we could get this guy on a free.

Mario Hermoso is very much under the radar. Dont understand why we're not in for him. Left footed centre back that can also play left back, and he is available for free. Played for Atletico for the last 5 seasons, very experienced and a ball playing defender that can cover two roles we need to fill. We could add some real quality in midfield if we could get this guy on a free.

Mentioned him as an option a couple of months ago. As a free backup for CB/LB even for a year, he wouldn't be a bad pickup.

Mikey Moore, 16 year old left winger from Spurs. He's a real gem his numbers at U18 are impressive 17G/12A in 22 games.

Contract until 2026 as he's underage, but we should do everything in our hands to get him.

I'd love to find a very experienced older centre forward, someone to turn to if the goals aren't flowing, proven goal-scoring class but now towards end of his career who could also help younger forwards (yes, I know we've got RvN on staff but not same thing). A Vardy-type character but not particularly Vardy...

I'd love to find a very experienced older centre forward, someone to turn to if the goals aren't flowing, proven goal-scoring class but now towards end of his career who could also help younger forwards (yes, I know we've got RvN on staff but not same thing). A Vardy-type character but not particularly Vardy...
Ben Yedder is available on a free. 25, 19 and 16 goals in his last three seasons for Monaco in the league. 34 years old, though, but can be a decent acquisition on a one or two year deal.

Ben Yedder is available on a free. 25, 19 and 16 goals in his last three seasons for Monaco in the league. 34 years old, though, but can be a decent acquisition on a one or two year deal.
I don’t know that diminishing returns in Ligue 1 is exactly what would fit the bill of “guy to turn to if PL goals aren’t coming”.

Alexandre Lacazette, who I love as a player, brought in 27, 21, 28 in his prime before he went to Arsenal & managed a high of 14 in the league. He’s back in Ligue 1 now with 27 and 19 goals.

Man()u Koné is impressing at the Olympic games and is genuienly a very talented CM. Would be a great backup to Mainoo.

I don’t know that diminishing returns in Ligue 1 is exactly what would fit the bill of “guy to turn to if PL goals aren’t coming”.

Alexandre Lacazette, who I love as a player, brought in 27, 21, 28 in his prime before he went to Arsenal & managed a high of 14 in the league. He’s back in Ligue 1 now with 27 and 19 goals.
Maybe not, but I don't think there are any strikers out there that fit that criteria that we're actually gonna buy. I really just read experienced striker and thought he'd be a good option on a free. The only strikers that will guarantee a lot of goals in PL, imo, are Watkins, Haaland, Kane and Isak.

Mikey Moore, 16 year old left winger from Spurs. He's a real gem his numbers at U18 are impressive 17G/12A in 22 games.

Contract until 2026 as he's underage, but we should do everything in our hands to get him.
Wathing videos of him looks class. His dribbling is good, but I think hemayend up a strikeras stocky and his finishing looks so natural

He isn't a hidden gem but since I don't remember ever seeing him mentioned as an option, I will put forward here the name of Reiss Nelson.

I think Arsenal could be tempted to sell at a reasonable fee since they need to sell before they buy (I think, but it could have been resolved by their fee for ESR, I'm not sure). He turns 25 in December, so not ancient just yet. And I think he is a better option right now than Sancho, and he's miles better than Antony. I would argue that he's better than Rashford right now too, as long as Rashford is in his extended form slump. Yes of course he has never hit the goal numbers that Rashford did in the previous season, but we haven't seen that Rashford, or even a hint of that Rashford, in 12 months or so. Reiss is a better footballer than the Rashford we saw all of last year.

We could offer him more opportunities for minutes than Arsenal, and I think it would instantly improve our squad. And I am sure some would balk at "taking Arsenal's castoffs" as a reason to not entertain this, but I think that is way too simplistic a way to consider it. Their wingers are a position of strength for them, and its a weak spot for us, so it could improve us without being a negative. Hell, I would tell him that he could push for a starting spot and could raise the competition for Garnacho and Amad, so that they know they need to keep their standards high to keep their spot. He is never going to start at Arsenal over Saka or Martinelli.

I just know that if we are struggling to break down some stubborn opposition at home and its the 70th minute, I have almost no hope whatsoever that Sancho and Antony could do something positive to change the outcome. And I don't think the defenders would be worried in the slightest either. I would have at least some hope that Reiss could do something cool, though.

Maybe so, he has a high pass, dribble completion and shot conversion %, so he’s excelling statistically, clearly too good for that level then? If he was signed he’d be our best striker 21 and under (excluding Greenwood), which makes him worth the small fee in my eyes. Will look forward to seeing how his development gets on at his next club.
10 goals in the French second division last season. Available on a free and ends up at Swansea. At least you can keep a closer eye on him now.

Still an insane call to think we should have signed him straight from Maribor.

10 goals in the French second division last season. Available on a free and ends up at Swansea. At least you can keep a closer eye on him now.

Still an insane call to think we should have signed him straight from Maribor.
Nice, curious to see how he gets on in the Championship, I wonder if Bordeaux wasn't the best environment for him to develop given the financial issues.

Context is important, given how desperate we were for a back up striker despite budget restrictions, looking for a low value prospect wouldn't have been the worst idea. His resale value would've held up through reputation alone. I also acknowledged that it was probably a jump too big for him.

Nice, curious to see how he gets on in the Championship, I wonder if Bordeaux wasn't the best environment for him to develop given the financial issues.

Context is important, given how desperate we were for a back up striker despite budget restrictions, looking for a low value prospect wouldn't have been the worst idea. His resale value would've held up through reputation alone. I also acknowledged that it was probably a jump too big for him.
They had a bigger squad value than most in that league, as well as the manager who had won the Slovenian league twice in a row. I’m sure they had to sell some of their better players, but probably should have done better.

Zan Celar (another Slovenian striker) has moved to QPR, so it’ll be interesting too see how they compare. Celar ended up coming off the bench ahead of Vipotnik in the Euros.

20 year old Barcelona LB Alex Valle's release clause has apparently dropped to €3m because he wasn't registered as a first team player by July 31st. Might be worth a gamble as back-up to Shaw until Malacia is fit/Amass is ready.

My friend Jerry keeps babbling on about some Aussie 'keeper Spruce Bruce(?) playing in Sydney and a Highland League winger, called - and I can't believe this - Malaky Bagpuss. I think he's having me on.

not that hidden anymore, but Jorrel Hato from Ajax. 18 year old, but already a full Eredivisie season under his belt and talent in spades. Can play both LCB and LB. Could be a perfect long-term CB partner for Yoro.

There a kid, 21, leftie CB in a small club in the Argie League that it's said Inter is after him, he is quite a gracefull giant with the ball. He has great anticipation and a long stpe that might help him regarding lack of great pace, yet he is very strong and very technical with the ball.

not that hidden anymore, but Jorrel Hato from Ajax. 18 year old, but already a full Eredivisie season under his belt and talent in spades. Can play both LCB and LB. Could be a perfect long-term CB partner for Yoro.

I think he would be a fantastic signing for us next summer. Another year developing at Ajax week in week out then bring him in.

Martinez, De Ligt, Yoyo and Hato would be absolutely incredible.

3 former players from Sporting, under 21 to watch in Premier League.
Fatawu with a great debut, 1 assit.
Mateus Fernandes at Southampton, it may take a while but im certain that he will show why i think he is the second best portuguese mieldfielder under 21.
Renato Veiga played his first minutes at Chelsea.

Last edited:
Really, really hope we are keeping an eye on Mason Melia at St. Pats in Ireland. 16yo and just put in a man of the match performance against Istanbul Basaksehir tonight in Europe.
Looks absolutely class, think he has a few records already, youngest goal scorer at just 15 being one of them.
Looks like he’s going to be an absolute beast in a few years.

Samuele Ricci, Andre, Quinton Timber, Nico , Hayden Hackney , Angelo Stiller, Stephen Eustaquio,Hidemasa Morita, Johnny Cardoso

Really, really hope we are keeping an eye on Mason Melia at St. Pats in Ireland. 16yo and just put in a man of the match performance against Istanbul Basaksehir tonight in Europe.
Looks absolutely class, think he has a few records already, youngest goal scorer at just 15 being one of them.
Looks like he’s going to be an absolute beast in a few years.

I think he's on every clubs radar.
Difficult to know his ceiling though.

I think he's on every clubs radar.
Difficult to know his ceiling though.
I’ve “only” seen him linked with Everton, Brighton, Celtic and Liverpool. Haven’t seen us mentioned at all. He’s a big unit, showing huge potential but agree that it’s hard to know what his ceiling is due to him being physically able for senior football already.

Carney Chukwuemeka looks to be out of Chelsea's plans. He was very hot property when he left Villa, would like to sign young English talent if available, he could be an option.

I’ve “only” seen him linked with Everton, Brighton, Celtic and Liverpool. Haven’t seen us mentioned at all. He’s a big unit, showing huge potential but agree that it’s hard to know what his ceiling is due to him being physically able for senior football already.

Strikers are such a hot commodity that I think any young ones in Europe will be on every clubs radar.
Once he turns 18 he'll be gone to England.
Also the young winger in Cork looks quality. Cathal Sullivan I think.

3 former players from Sporting, under 21 to watch in Premier League.
Fatawu with a great debut, 1 assit.
Matheus Fernandes at Southampton, it may take a while but im certain that he will show why i think he is the second best portuguese mieldfielder under 21.
Renato Veiga played his first minutes at Chelsea.
Fatawu continues playing very well, allways one of the best in matches.
Mateus Fernandes with his first goal and assist and Renato Veiga from Chelsea called to the national squad.

Jesse Derry, Crystal Palace - 17 year old right footed left winger who starts for England under 18s and scored a few days ago against Portugal. 10 goals and 3 assists last season as a 16 year old, 5 goals in 3 games so far this season as a 17 year old. Reminds me a bit of Grealish with his dribbling style but showing the goalscoring and assisting output you'd want to see from a young player. Can also put a good cross into the box. We signed Lusale fom Palace this summer, a year younger and mostly playing for the team below. Think Derry is a bigger talent.

Kosta Nedeljkovic, Aston Villa - 18 year old right back/wingback, 6 feet, speedy and an aggressive tackler and ball winner. Started for his country Serbia against Spain and Denmark in the nations league already despite his age and only 3 sub appearances for Villa in each of their premier league games this season. Serbia had a clean sheet in both matches. Was on loan at Red Star last season which is where he has his experience from, playing 20 games including the champions league. Has potential to improve and end up a first team starter at a big club several years down the line.

I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face but Pepelu from Valencia would be a mint signing. Peter Lim would likely let him leave for peanuts, too

18 year old Can Uzun from Eintracht Frankfurt scored 16 goals with 2 assists in the 2nd German division last season. Plays as an AM or a striker. Guler is at Madrid, Yildiz is one of Juventus best players and Can Uzun is the next in line for the Turkish national team to make their mark. An unused sub against Wales as Turkey in a draw.

18 year old Can Uzun from Eintracht Frankfurt scored 16 goals with 2 assists in the 2nd German division last season. Plays as an AM or a striker. Guler is at Madrid, Yildiz is one of Juventus best players and Can Uzun is the next in line for the Turkish national team to make their mark. An unused sub against Wales as Turkey in a draw.

Let's see first how well he does in Frankfurt. So far he just gets few minutes as a sub there, but of course he just arrived there and it's early in the season.

Turkey may have a bit of a golden generation coming through by the looks of it.