Yet another mass shooting and at a church, again

Are NRA-fanboys not afraid to get killed by guns? Sure, they'll have guns of their own but still.

Are NRA-fanboys not afraid to get killed by guns? Sure, they'll have guns of their own but still.

DN6UNI1W0AEcZ13.jpg

You're delusional.

I'm delusions for saying that nobody has said anything even close to what you claim when they haven't said anything even close to what you claim?

Do you even know what delusional means?

As I have said before, the issue won't be addressed until kids/loved ones of someone who has the power to do something won't be killed in these types of attacks. The politicians don't give a shit about the people, they pay the false respects by 'praying' for them, while they get a shitload of money from NRA and weapon sellers. And weirdly enough, there are a shitload of idiots who vote them exactly for that reason.

'Merica, a weird place. It is almost unimaginable this happening in some other first world country, and no-one giving a damn thing about that.

I know I’m going to sound like a loon, but I think there’s a conspiracy theory behind all of these.

Not sure who’s behind it, possibly the government. But the motive is to make the general public scared.

Mission achieved

Yes, and if you've been brought up with guns in the house, guns in the local shops, your office-worker dad carrying a gun etc, it's just a commonplace object to you. If you put a gun in the hands of most British folk, they'd feel some kind of averse reaction, I suspect. Whereas in Texas, you have little old ladies carrying pearl-handled revolvers in their handbags.

I grew up with guns. Hate the fecking things now. I'd outright ban them in almost all circumstances. If it inconveniences a few sports shooters then tough. A small price to pay for so many lives.

As I have said before, the issue won't be addressed until kids/loved ones of someone who has the power to do something won't be killed in these types of attacks. The politicians don't give a shit about the people, they pay the false respects by 'praying' for them, while they get a shitload of money from NRA and weapon sellers. And weirdly enough, there are a shitload of idiots who vote them exactly for that reason.

'Merica, a weird place. It is almost unimaginable this happening in some other first world country, and no-one giving a damn thing about that.

It is telling that Trump is sympathetic towards addiction as he has been personally affected by it. If he hadn't been I doubt he would give a crap. That said, I would have thought that it is politically impossible for Trump to do anything about gun control.

I hate Brutish politicians as much as anyone but I'm grateful they haven't descended to these depths.

Jesus Christ, when you consider his responses to the 3 most recent mass killings (that are easily accepted by a large percentage of gun loving Americans).

Las Vegas - Now is not the time to discuss gun control
New York - Time to increase extreme vetting controls, not in AMERICA!
Texas - This is not a guns issue.

Jesus Christ, when you consider his responses to the 3 most recent mass killings (that are easily accepted by a large percentage of gun loving Americans).

Las Vegas - Now is not the time to discuss gun control
New York - Time to increase extreme vetting controls, not in AMERICA!
Texas - This is not a guns issue.

What do you expect him to say? Deport our citizens and change our constitution?

If gun rights were to be tweaked it should come from the congress. If no one is introducing a bill, the debate is automatically a non-starter. That includes Democrats, Republicans and Independents.

If gun rights were to be tweaked it should come from the congress. If no one is introducing a bill, the debate is automatically a non-starter. That includes Democrats, Republicans and Independents.
So its not a guns issue then?

Your talking here like the president has no power and isn't the de-facto leader of the party who controls both the senate and HoR (and who did everything in his power to not allow Obama to make any changes about guns laws), and who appoints constitutional judges who have the power of making laws about guns.

To the changing of the constitution....YES!

Thousands of Americans, men, women, children are dying and nothing is being done about it! It's the responsibility of the President to make decisions that best help the American people. There are now nearly 14,000 fewer Americans than on 1st January 2017 due to gun violence but nothing is being done.

A major point of any constitution is that they show how you can amend them if there is something that needs to be added or amended....That's why the 2nd Amendment exists, because people decided to change the constitution!

To the changing of the constitution....YES!

Thousands of Americans, men, women, children are dying and nothing is being done about it! It's the responsibility of the President to make decisions that best help the American people. There are now nearly 14,000 fewer Americans than on 1st January 2017 due to gun violence but nothing is being done.

A major point of any constitution is that they show how you can amend them if there is something that needs to be added or amended....That's why the 2nd Amendment exists, because people decided to change the constitution!

There was a federal assault weapon ban between 1994-2004 and once it expired AR15s were being sold again. So there is a precedent to tweak things without amending the constitution itself.

Your talking here like the president has no power and isn't the de-facto leader of the party who controls both the senate and HoR (and who did everything in his power to not allow Obama to make any changes about guns laws), and who appoints constitutional judges who have the power of making laws about guns.

How does it help him politically? If you're expecting a stream of conscience from Trump, Ryan or McConnell you are barking up the wrong tree.

What about the opposition? The Dems have been loudest critics of gun ownership but haven't come up with a single legislative solution even if it fails on vote.

So you did not read the second sentence then.
No you're missing the point I was making. I am not doubting that changing the law is going to be difficult but does that mean you can just pretend, like Trump is doing, that this is 'not a guns issue'. This is the President of the USA going on record to say that a mass shooting is not a guns issue.

He could have just avoided the discussion completely and focused on thoughts and prayers to the victims but he is instructing the country to ignore that this is gun related.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Congressional_baseball_shooting

Nope, they've already chosen money over personal safety.

You don’t know the first thing about God. YOU are missing the point.

25+ Christians have been killed in a church and people here are criticising prayer. It’s seriously disrespectful. Hold the fecking atheistic sentiments for a minute.

No need to conflate people praying with the gun control issue. Shame on yourselves. Seriously, check yourself.

There are plenty of people who both pray and take action for justice. There are also many people who pray who want tighter gun control.

No, offering thoughts and prayers is what is disrespectful.

Is there any politician/party in US that advocates tighter gun laws? Or is everyone in the same boat?

Is there any politician/party in US that advocates tighter gun laws? Or is everyone in the same boat?

A lot of Democrats and Independents want tighter gun control, many wanting smaller magazine capacity, banning of assault rifles, tighter background checks etc and a few Republicans are onside for small changes, but it's a non starter really. You have Congressmen and women who have been shot themselves campaigning for control and Obama wanted much tighter control but could never get it passed.

A lot of Democrats and Independents want tighter gun control, many wanting smaller magazine capacity, banning of assault rifles, tighter background checks etc and a few Republicans are onside for small changes, but it's a non starter really. You have Congressmen and women who have been shot themselves campaigning for control and Obama wanted much tighter control but could never get it passed.

Has anyone floated the idea of extreme vetting for gun owners?

That's why the 2nd Amendment exists, because people decided to change the constitution
While I completely agree with you that there needs to be gun control legislation passed, this is a bit of a misconception.

The Bill of Rights was proposed before the ratification of the Constitution because Anti-Federalists wanted the limits of government power over civil liberties/rights to be codified. Federalists felt that the rights in the Bill of Rights were self-evident and didn't need codifying as they were inherently present, but did so anyway to ensure ratification of the Constitution.

Last edited:

It's absurd really, and while there is political will to do something about it, there is also a lot of pushback from the gun lobby. The argument that "if the good guys had guns then.." is just so fecking stupid it makes my head hurt. It's not like it's some magical shield that protects you from bullets exactly.

Another thing is that there is empirical evidence that increased gun control leads to less gun violence, but somehow this get overlook and ignored time and time again.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia#Port_Arthur_massacre_and_its_consequences

What a tragedy. Absolutely horrible. There are many sick people around the world and i don't see what we can do to to change the situation. Is it a given that with the human level of intelligence comes this level of insanity?

In this case according to the orange overlord Trump; mental illness physically manifested itself into the form of bullets and projected itself much like a bullet would through the barrel of a gun and tore through 30 odd human beings. It had nothing to do with guns though - don't politicise guns. In fact if everyone had been packing heat, or had they had a machine gunner on overwatch just over the organ at the front, any intruder harnessing mental illness would have been killed by the noble lead projectiles that make America great and keep America great.

Just saw in another forum someone suggested bookies should start offering next US state with a massacre.

Utter bad taste, but kind of inevitable.

What a tragedy. Absolutely horrible. There are many sick people around the world and i don't see what we can do to to change the situation. Is it a given that with the human level of intelligence comes this level of insanity?

Ah yes, that must be why we see mass murders in all the other countries every week. Oh wait..

Saw on my facebook that people want to keep their guns in case the Government turns to tyranny, they want to be able to protect themselves and their families? :wenger:

Sorry but, if the government wanted to kill you, they will do so - with utter ease.

I guess many will subdue those fears with the fantasy of shooting themselves out of such a scenario. Law-abiding, gun-carrying citizen heroically stopping bad guy.

You're still statistically highly unlikely to get shot yourself I suppose, and they're fine letting kids get killed instead.

Saw on my facebook that people want to keep their guns in case the Government turns to tyranny, they want to be able to protect themselves and their families? :wenger:

Sorry but, if the government wanted to kill you, they will do so - with utter ease.
The pistols and what not people have in their homes will be very helpful against the tanks and missiles. :rolleyes:

Jim Jefferies 2 parter on YouTube about gun control is the best I've seen on this topic, like he says at one point it made a lot of sense when it was just muskets. But you're bringing guns to a drone fight. It's the lamest excuse they hold on to, that it'll help against their tyrannical government. Really, their only excuse is 'feck off, I like guns'.

The pistols and what not people have in their homes will be very helpful against the tanks and missiles. :rolleyes:

:lol: Add to the fact that most people aren't good at aiming, even when there's no pressure on them, and its just a disaster. They're more likely to shoot the dog.

Jim Jefferies 2 parter on YouTube about gun control is the best I've seen on this topic, like he says at one point it made a lot of sense when it was just muskets. But you're bringing guns to a drone fight. It's the lamest excuse they hold on to, that it'll help against their tyrannical government. Really, their only excuse is 'feck off, I like guns'.

I don't even understand the argument that you like guns just for the sake of having them - unless you're hunting it's not really a hobby to go shooting with a pistol or glock, or tech-9, is it?
It's just there for people as a material possession, and to customise and clean and upgrade and feel as though it's part of their culture.

All very bizarre.