Would you prefer Liverpool to be relegated (failure) over United winning the league (success)

As a United fan what would you rather see?

• United 1st and Liverpool 2nd

Votes: 503 85.3%
  • United 2nd and Liverpool relegated

Votes: 88 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I prefer to call it extermination of pests.
All for the greater good! The league will be a far far better place without that scum.
A final solution to the scouse question?

I just cannot fathom how a United supporter can have that opinion. It makes no sense to me, none whatsoever. I don't really care what happens to our rivals as long as we're number 1.
How can this be a poll!?!? There's something seriously wrong with this thinking.

You must follow Liverpool just as closely as you 'follow' United to feel this way. It's beyond bizarre.

The original comment was partly in jest.

No need to get your panties in a bunch.

I hate them and having then in the league impacts on my enjoyment of watching football.

If they were relegated and their entire cult following in the media and elsewhere fcuked off it would be a great day.

For the last time I did not make the thread or the stupid poll, it was a once off remark in another thread which the mods moved and I cant remove the poll.

I dont know which of the eventualities I prefer honestly but obviously most of you do not share my level of animosity for Liverpool.

I think it is hard to understand for those of you not from Manchester.

I disagree, I think the rivalry isn't affected at all by their relative league standing; it'd still be strong rivalry even if we were in a different league to them.

I do think the concept of preferring Liverpool misery over United glory is really weird though; as much as we'd all enjoy watching RAWK go into full Chernobyl meltdown as a million shell suits screamed in terror, I'd still rather we won the league.

I'm not saying the rivalry isn't important, it's just that they've been essentially irrelevant for so long it's weird that peopel still care about them so much -- to the point we would forego a title to see them suffer. Insanity.

Caring about rivals more than your own team is City and scouse behaviour

Don't we all hate Liverpool precisely because we love United? Therefore, shouldn't United winning be the priority above all else? Feck, what is the league without the big games and fierce rivalries? Hate them, fecking certainly, but I truly don't think I'd want to see the rivalry somewhat lose relevance, especially NOT at the expense of our own success. As a poster put, do you think Madrid or Barcelona would truly want each other relegated? No fecking way, that's arguably the biggest fixture in world football; those two clubs bask in limelight.

Shocking, shocking OP.

This reminds me of a guy who supports the same hockey team as I do. He said that if we would sign this player, who was probably the most disliked player in the league, and he would score the winning OT goal that gave us the title he would not cheer or be happy about it because he hated that player so much... Now that's probably even more stupid than picking option nr.2 in this poll to be fair. But wanting another team to fail rather than your own team to win is nothing but petty, sad and incredibly weird imo.

So this is the kind of thread we get when people have nothing to complain about? Interesting.

I hope no Manchester United fan was involved in the 29 votes for "United 2nd and Liverpool relegated".

Bet they are,if we had a bunch who wanted us to lose games last season for how they called it "greater good",maybe 2nd option is under same.

What kind of gain we have of them being out of PL while we sucking our thumbs on 2nd.

I dont give a shit where liverpool finish really. All i care about is united.... Liverpool is more just an amusement factor but I'm not too bothered. I would question where your loyalties stand if you pick the other choice tbh. Those who would rather see them fail are probably just very hateful people in general.

The original comment was partly in jest.

No need to get your panties in a bunch.

I hate them and having then in the league impacts on my enjoyment of watching football.

If they were relegated and their entire cult following in the media and elsewhere fcuked off it would be a great day.

For the last time I did not make the thread or the stupid poll, it was a once off remark in another thread which the mods moved and I cant remove the poll.

I dont know which of the eventualities I prefer honestly but obviously most of you do not share my level of animosity for Liverpool.

I think it is hard to understand for those of you not from Manchester.
No that definitely isn't the case because I am from then and I don't know which United supporting mate of mine would have this view. We all hate Liverpool but United being the best trumps all that other nonsense, it's not even something to think about.

No that definitely isn't the case because I am from then and I don't know which United supporting mate of mine would have this view. We all hate Liverpool but United being the best trumps all that other nonsense, it's not even something to think about.

The hope is that if they were relegated they might never come back like Leeds.

I would sacrifice a league title for that.

If that makes me insane so be it.

Unfortunately there were. Because they've already seen enough titles, meh, yawn, a dime a dozen them things!
Bet they are,if we had a bunch who wanted us to lose games last season for how they called it "greater good",maybe 2nd option is under same.

What kind of gain we have of them being out of PL while we sucking our thumbs on 2nd.
Saw plenty before someone changed the option so votes were private.
That is sad.

I mean i would like to see Leeds back in the Premier League.

The hope is that if they were relegated they might never come back like Leeds.

I would sacrifice a league title for that.

If that makes me insane so be it.

A) Leeds never came back because of financial mismanagement, not because they got relegated once

B) What a sad world when you don't actually want proper rivals in the same league. You telling me you don't enjoy United v Liverpool?

Yes. Insane.

A) Leeds never came back because of financial mismanagement, not because they got relegated once

B) What a sad world when you don't actually want proper rivals in the same league. You telling me you don't enjoy United v Liverpool?

Yes. Insane.

Why would I want rivals, I would rather we won every trophy every year and hammered the other big domestic teams like Bayern Munich do.

I don't really enjoy United v Liverpool, the feeling after a loss is a lot worse than the elation after victory.

I loved it when we played Leeds. I'd like them back.
I remember when I was about 15 walking from the train down Warwick Road and about 200 Leeds fans were being held outside the cricket ground. I had a skinhead at the time and some of them singled me out and started shouting at me. "Come on hard man", etc. We beat them that day and it felt even better than usual.

EDIT - Actually, after I showed them my United pencil case, the soon shut the feck up.

Why would I want rivals, I would rather we won every trophy every year and hammered the other big domestic teams like Bayern Munich do.

I don't really enjoy United v Liverpool, the feeling after a loss is a lot worse than the elation after victory.

You clearly do want rivals, seeing you prefer rivals to lose rather than United to win.

And jesus there is a joy to football seeing competition, big games, drama. You risk deflation against big clubs for the additional joy in victory.

I'm happy we can visit stadiums for a football game without the bus being attacked by thugs and hooligans. Good riddance.

The rest of your post is thrash.

That still happens. Wasn't it West Ham last season?

If we finish first and Liverpool second, that means they're title challengers and might actually win it the following year.

If we finished second, there's always next year, and to see Liverpool relegated would be wonderful.

If we finish first and Liverpool second, that means they're title challengers and might actually win it the following year.

If we finished second, there's always next year, and to see Liverpool relegated would be wonderful.

So thats how it started.

Just posed this question to my 9 year old and this is the response it got.

"Dad, Liverpool would never come second, so the first question doesn't make sense."

As much as I dislike Liverpool, they are right there with us in terms of importance to the global game. They are a historic club, maybe less relevant as of right now, but we would not be the same without them.

It feels weird to say that, but it is what it is.

United League, easily.

I like Liverpool as a club, it's just the supporters.

Almost 90% disagree with you, yet everyone else has no idea?

What are you talking about I never set up any poll or started a thread?

The mods did.

84% disagree with them.

My opinion is fairly neutral on the question in the poll, I am 50/50 on it.

My original post was not meant to start a thread and has been twisted against me but what can I do.

The guy I responded to has no idea.