Would you prefer Liverpool to be relegated (failure) over United winning the league (success)

As a United fan what would you rather see?

• United 1st and Liverpool 2nd

Votes: 503 85.3%
  • United 2nd and Liverpool relegated

Votes: 88 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How on earth is it rational? It's ridiculously irrational. :lol:

We're United supporters. That means United doing well is supposed to be our priority. Any option that sees us do worse is the illogical option for someone who is actually supporting the team to pick.

Very sad if people are so obsessed with Liverpool that they'd sooner see their own club do worse purely out of spite.
Liverpool doing well is my priority as well but if I could choose between ending up 2nd and United not winning the league, or ending up 3th and United relegated, I'd choose the latter although it's 3th instead of 2nd for my club. Of course this changes when it's fifth and we miss out on CL or something like that.

This is what United fans blame oppo fans of - ABUs, that don’t care as long as United don’t win. Feels weird that someone would be more anti-rival than pro-United.

I voted option 2, I've seen us win the league many times, I have whitnessed us coming 1st and them second. In this current climate I would bloody love to see them relegated :lol:. It's not like we havent won the title in 3 decades, seeing them relegated is a once in a life time event. I would also vote on us coming 7th and them finishing 2nd because of steven gerrard slipping and costing a game 1 week after giving a brave-heart inspired speech about not letting this slip

Have you been asleep the last few years? the current climate is us not making top 4. And yet you'd prefer Liverpool failing. Utterly bizarre.

By the same logic you were happier when Suarez left for Barca than when we signed Pogba.

This is what United fans blame oppo fans of - ABUs, that don’t care as long as United don’t win. Feels weird that someone would be more anti-rival than pro-United.

No one is saying they want Liverpool to lose more than United win a specific game.

Liverpool relegated is a once in a lifetime joyful event that would have the potential to destroy them forever.

This is a club that condoned racism on one of our club legends Patrice Evra.

How can you not hate them?
I see them as rivals and I enjoy the rivalry to an extent. But I much prefer friendly banter, I hate it when it goes too far, the chants etc...

They handled the Evra thing terribly. I don't actually believe they condoned racism, they were just in denial.

But hey I'm over it now.

Liverpool doing well is my priority as well but if I could choose between ending up 2nd and United not winning the league, or ending up 3th and United relegated, I'd choose the latter although it's 3th instead of 2nd for my club. Of course this changes when it's fifth and we miss out on CL or something like that.

Aye that's slightly different as there's essentially zero difference between finishing 2nd or 3rd. If there's barely any impact on the club then sure, Liverpool to get relegated all the way. To turn down a PL title though....

I have a few Scouse lads who I would consider mates. One of them even live lad in Altrincham. Would some of you not make friends with Liverpool fans?

I have a few Scouse lads who I would consider mates. One of them even live lad in Altrincham. Would some of you not make friends with Liverpool fans?

Anyone who wouldn't be friends with a rival fan is a bit daft. I know plenty of people who like Liverpool and knowing people who support rivals can add to the fun/spice of a big game.

No one is saying they want Liverpool to lose more than United win a specific game.

Liverpool relegated is a once in a lifetime joyful event that would have the potential to destroy them forever.

It really wouldn't. They would almost inevitably just come back up the next season, like Newcastle did a few years ago.

You would basically enjoy the brief lols of Liverpool going down instead of a title win that would stay in United's history forever. I actually find it really sad.

It annoys me that our fans sing more songs slagging Gerrard than praising Scholes. Think it's scandalous actually.
And that's with them being dog shite for years. Imagine if they were actually winning things on a regular basis?

Anyone who refuses to be friends with someone purely because of the team they support is an absolute prat of the highest order.

I had a season ticket for five years between 2003 and 2008 until I had to move to a different country.

Can you say the same.

I have supported United since the time Best, Law and Charlton. So yes. A lot longer.

If you follow United you always want them to win. 'Hating' Liverpool does not even come close.

I can have an honest discussion with scousers and I do. Its when they start rewriting history that makes me fed up.

And winning a title might be a once in a lifetime joyful event that would have the potential to lead us to further glory. Less important than ”destroying” Liverpool?

Even if I was one of the 'prefer to see Liverpool pain than United glory' crowd, I'd prefer the 1st-2nd scenario. Because Liverpool getting relegated is a disaster for them of course, but having their best season since the glory days and getting nothing out of it because United bested them would be the worst sort of punishment. So that answer's a win-win.

Us winning and them coming close but being denied by us is just better all around. It's really the perfect situation.

Have you been asleep the last few years? the current climate is us not making top 4. And yet you'd prefer Liverpool failing. Utterly bizarre.

By the same logic you were happier when Suarez left for Barca than when we signed Pogba.

in the current climate it would have us finishing 2nd which is top 4 which is something we clearly havent done much recently. That was what I saw on the poll. And no by my logic i would still have us sign Pogba. I was specifically referring to the Poll question and that exact scenario. I would take second instead for one year JUST to see them relegated. The poll doesnt state that we would never be champs again? The other scenario about the slip was just a pisstake. Lighten up not every one thinks the same, Jesus you lot are a bore at times.

how the heck do you cheer a Liverpool win.

What I have done is say summat like well 'done you scouse cnuts' or summat similar :)
Very easily when it hands us an advantage in the title race. Don't find it hard at all

I'm very much Utd first before I even start to care about what others teams do or don't do

As long as United are doing what they should be doing I don't really care what the heck Liverpool are up to

Indeed, imagine the season long entertainment as they slowly start to get dragged to the foot of the table. The comedy value of the despairing Phil Thompson, Souness and Carragher, as their constant insistence that Liverpool are far too good to go down is gradually proven wrong. The RAWK meltdowns, the memes, the in-fighting. It would be bloody hilarious. Can we send them down at Old Trafford on the last day of the season as well please :)

Indeed, imagine the season long entertainment as they slowly start to get dragged to the foot of the table. The comedy value of the despairing Phil Thompson, Souness and Carragher, as their constant insistence that Liverpool are far too good to go down is gradually proven wrong. The RAWK meltdowns, the memes, the in-fighting. It would be bloody hilarious. Can we send them down at Old Trafford on the last day of the season as well please :)

Send them down! :drool:

Yes.

I would die a happy man if I lived to see this. :drool::drool::drool:

even when they missed winning the title because of 'slippy' it was more funny than anything.

And its not all about how we finish relative to them. I and all my mates all want United to win every match. simple. Of course disaster in a footballing sense befalling the scousers is always entertaining.

I certainly enjoy our rivalry. Someone mentioning becoming mates with a Liverpool supporter. Its simply not possible unless that person is a casual fan. Football is a tribal thing. Its serious. Certainly for me it is. Been away all these years...just don't lose the passion. Its in my blood. Not unique either. I know other expats. I've made close friends with fellow United supporters simply because we support the great club. Its a brotherhood.

The way you describe it, that season as a whole might just rival United winning a title for how much enjoyment it would bring me. Maybe. I'd probably still pick United 1st, LFC 2nd though.

I get so much more pleasure when Liverpool fails to win the league after a great season. Watching RAWK's hopes and dreams fade away when someone else beats them to the title in the final 2 games is delicious.

Idontbelieveit.gif

I voted option 2. I've watched us win an indecent amount of league titles in my lifetime, as well as suffered through most of my childhood supporting a club in Liverpool's shadow. One more league title for us would be great but the unique schadenfreude of an LFC relegation would just about shade it.

Finishing second would be a bit shit, though. In my head, we finish second to a team that were runaway victors that we never had a chance of overtaking. We'd also have to finish ahead of City, Arsenal and Chelsea. What? This is my fantasy, so I make the rules.

I've seen us win everything repeatedly now. LFC getting relegated would be the icing on the cake. So I went with the weird option. It is a bit weird really I suppose, :(.

One could also cite however, that in the scenario that follows the scenario we have voted on. LFC are probably no longer a threat for a few subsequent years. Thereby this vote is not weird but is in fact justifiable in the longer term logic we are going on to imagine.

I hate Liverpool more than anyone but I'd prefer us to win something rather than them lose something. If it's us beating them, then even better.

I had a season ticket for five years between 2003 and 2008 until I had to move to a different country.

Can you say the same.

although there are times when a rivals misery brings great joy it would never be enough to better a United success. Liverpool are the team I dislike the most and always have, hate to see them get any success get plaudits for anything or even sign a good player. Do I hate all pool fans of course not that's would be a nonsense just as liking all United fans would be.
Remember Shankly was good friends with Sir Matt and would come to OT when he could to see United play because he enjoyed watching them ----------- how times have changed!