Would you prefer Liverpool to be relegated (failure) over United winning the league (success)

As a United fan what would you rather see?

• United 1st and Liverpool 2nd

Votes: 503 85.3%
  • United 2nd and Liverpool relegated

Votes: 88 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A dislike is not unusual of course and as a rival poster you need a thick skin to be on here.
But your suggestion came across as you would sacrifice United's success for Liverpool's failure - or prefer the latter which is just odd.

I have been lucky (or in many people's eyes on here - unlucky), to be a Liverpool season ticket holder for over 25 years, and seen thankfully some great times - I wouldn't swap one of them in exchange for ANY United failure.

I think it has also been made clear by a higher authority than me or you that wishing injuries on players isn't acceptable behaviour on here - rightly so.

Must of missed these great moments plural. :lol:

It was more like "come on now", I wasn't saying it in an angry way. Although fans like you do piss me off.

I don't understand why you are pissed at me.

I enjoy the rivalry we have with Liverpool as we are England's two biggest clubs and by extension I enjoy when they lose.

I also enjoy United winning I don't see how this is baffling so many people.

Whats with all the 'Liverpool arent so bad' stuff.

I fecking loathe them, having shit and piss thrown at you by their fans does that to someone. Any of our fans who tells me they don't mind liverpool has never been to that clapped out stadium when we played them, or seen them destroying our place when they lose.

And they, no doubt, feel exactly the same about us.

I fecking loathe them, having shit and piss thrown at you by their fans does that to someone. Any of our fans who tells me they don't mind liverpool has never been to that clapped out stadium when we played them, or seen them destroying our place when they lose.

Who said Liverpool aren't so bad and all that? Did you just make that up or not read what was being written? And maybe we should all get back to Mane soon..

Give one example where a poster has said that ”Liverpool aren’t so bad”?

This is all I was saying.

You make one of the cuff remark and 20 people jump to the defense of Liverpool on a United forum.

I do enjoy United's victories more than Liverpool defeats but only just.

Its only football you guys not life and death.

Not really weird. One of my worst memories is of City scoring in last minute. So, stands to reason.

Exactly, peoples reaction to a comment made somewhat in jest is ridiculous.

I suppose they felt nothing when Liverpool won the CL.

I am not ashamed to say it disappointed me and if that makes me so strange then so be it.

No I did not the scenarios presented where not in line with my original statement.

I would prefer us 2nd and Liverpool last then us 1st and them second.

Is that so outlandish?

I would absolutely love it if we finished 1st with Pool 2nd. Love it. Other than them getting relegated, I dont think there's any sweeter spot they could finish than 2nd if we win the league.

Exactly, peoples reaction to a comment made somewhat in jest is ridiculous.

I suppose they felt nothing when Liverpool won the CL.

I am not ashamed to say it disappointed me and if that makes me so strange then so be it.

There were a few on here wanting Liverpool to win the league a couple of years ago!
That was incredible, as to most of us it's anyone before Liverpool, even City.

I would absolutely love it if we finished 1st with Pool 2nd. Love it. Other than them getting relegated, I dont think there's any sweeter spot they could finish than 2nd if we win the league.

Pipping them I get, but i hate Liverpool, so would much prefer they have a miserable season finishing midtable, then within touching distance, having momentum, and the chance to come back strong next time.

The having not won the league for so long is bloody glorious. I'd hate that to change, even once.

I don't understand why you are pissed at me.

I enjoy the rivalry we have with Liverpool as we are England's two biggest clubs and by extension I enjoy when they lose.

I also enjoy United winning I don't see how this is baffling so many people.
No, you said it'd give you more pleasure to see Liverpool relegated than it would seeing United win the league. That, in my eyes, is pathetic.

I fecking hate Liverpool too, more than any other club, but I'd want to see United be successful more than them capitulating. Luckily for us both have happened regularly in the premier league era (obviously not as far as them being relegated though :lol:)

No, you said it'd give you more pleasure to see Liverpool relegated than it would seeing United win the league. That, in my eyes, is pathetic.

I fecking hate Liverpool too, more than any other club, but I'd want to see United be successful more than them capitulating. Luckily for us both have happened regularly in the premier league era (obviously not as far as them being relegated though :lol:)

It was an off the cuff remark man.

Didn't realise you had to triple check every post on this forum.

I prefer United winning but only just.

Have you guys actually been to Liverpool away and had piss and worse hurled at you from the upper tier.

I think your opinions would change if you experienced this as I and my sister did.

Don't really get the criticism here on the slip game.

- Liverpool winning the league would be unbearable. If United ain't winning, then I'd rather the scousers not win.
- That slip is not a normal loss. It cost them the league. In perspective, that was a massive moment of happiness to any United fan.
- To add joy, the person slipping was StevieG.

All in all, it would have been a fantasy come true to any United fan at that point of time in that season. It's a gift that'll keep on giving, an joke that would piss off any scouser to no end. No reason why it should not be in favourite top EPL moments list for United fans.

- Liverpool winning the league would be unbearable. If United ain't winning, then I'd rather the scousers not win.
- That slip is not a normal loss. It cost them the league. In perspective, that was a massive moment of happiness to any United fan.

All in all, it would have been a fantasy come true to any United fan at that point of time in that season. It's a gift that'll keep on giving, an joke that would piss off any scouser to no end. No reason why it should not be in favourite top EPL moments list for United fans.

This

Liverpool failing is nice (they are our main rivals after all) but if it's anywhere near as important as United winning then you're a bit obsessed with them. It shouldn't even be a close second.

It was an off the cuff remark man.

Didn't realise you had to triple check every post on this forum.

I prefer United winning but only just.

Have you guys actually been to Liverpool away and had piss and worse hurled at you from the upper tier.

I think your opinions would change if you experienced this as I and my sister did.
I didn't triple check it, that's what you said. How the feck am I supposed to know it was in jest?

You get abuse and piss chucked at you in any away end. Obviously the rivalry with Liverpool is intense, and I hate them too.

That slip game was unscriptable genius!

They seemed unstoppable, blagging through games in such a manner that it seemed inevitable their name as on the league, as City with a much better team seemed to crumble.
All the ex legends, dressed in their court suits in anticipation, all the fans lined up hours before the game chanting we're gonna win the league
Who can forget that City game, where Kompany, of all people, sliced a clearance out of the box, only for the Liverpool player to smash a great finish in.
Who can forget all the penalties, Skrtel handling on the line and the ref not noticing.
Who can forget the "this does not slip" nonsense for the cameras, and then not only slipping, but then pushing the cameras away at Palace.

I remember seeing the Chelsea lineup, an absolute B team disgrace, with half an eye on a midweek Euro game, thinking they wouldn't come close to stopping Liverpool in this form.

Then getting a FB message, just saying "Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba".
Glorious!

And that last min goal to seal it 2-0, after Stevie G had about 73 shots to try and get back in it single handedly.

A draw would have been enough in the end, as they wouldn't have had to go apesh!T gung ho v Palace and need a 7 or 8-0! A simple win would have done it

(that's enough mad stream of consciousness recollections for now!)

I didn't triple check it, that's what you said. How the feck am I supposed to know it was in jest?

You get abuse and piss chucked at you in any away end. Obviously the rivalry with Liverpool is intense, and I hate them too.

Out of interest, does this actually happen, in days of massive camera coverage?

Even my tiny little local Wycombe, managed to locate a guy who chucked a smoke bomb from an away end within about 5mins at the weekend...

No I did not the scenarios presented where not in line with my original statement.

Is that so outlandish?

Dafuq.

08/09, that exact scenario, was one of the greatest seasons in living memory.

MACHEDAAAAAAAA

Imagine trading that for a relegation scrap. :lol:

Is that so outlandish?
Yes it is so outlandish. It's small time to care more about your opponents losing than your oen team winning.

Dafuq.

08/09, that exact scenario, was one of the greatest seasons in living memory.

MACHEDAAAAAAAA

Imagine trading that for a relegation scrap. :lol:

Only Liverpool not us.

We would finish second .

You guys would not like them to be relegated. :wenger:

You would rather they compete for the league. :wenger:

I think if we asked United's away following they would agree with me and the few others who share similar sentiments in this thread.

Yes it is so outlandish. It's small time to care more about your opponents losing than your oen team winning.

Its was an off the cuff comment.

I enjoy United winning slightly more than Liverpool losing.

The amount of people on this forum who don't hate Liverpool but claim to support United is astonishing.

I doubt any other forum is like this.

Its was an off the cuff comment.

I enjoy United winning slightly more than Liverpool losing.

The amount of people on this forum who don't hate Liverpool but claim to support United is astonishing.

I doubt any other forum is like this.

Is your level of thought so binary that, preferring utd to do well before wishing Liverpool to do poorly equates to fans not hating liverpool?

The crux of your original comment is that everyone is debating is that you preferred Liverpool's failures to utd success.

Only Liverpool not us.

We would finish second .

You guys would not like them to be relegated. :wenger:

You would rather they compete for the league. :wenger:

I think if we asked United's away following they would agree with me and the few others who share similar sentiments in this thread.

Ah, to be fair I thought you meant us finishing 17th.

That scenario's nowhere near as bad.

Like Leeds though, you'd start to miss them and secretly hope they could get back up again I'd imagine.

There were fans wanting Liverpool to win the league in 2014 on this forum.

Does not sound like hate to me.

You would have to point them out because I never saw that.

In any case Liverpool were playing the most enterprising football at that point in time so I can understand people not begrudging them the win for being the most entertaining team. We aren't RAWK after all, we can give credit where credit is due. Is

That slip game was unscriptable genius!

They seemed unstoppable, blagging through games in such a manner that it seemed inevitable their name as on the league, as City with a much better team seemed to crumble.
All the ex legends, dressed in their court suits in anticipation, all the fans lined up hours before the game chanting we're gonna win the league
Who can forget that City game, where Kompany, of all people, sliced a clearance out of the box, only for the Liverpool player to smash a great finish in.
Who can forget all the penalties, Skrtel handling on the line and the ref not noticing.
Who can forget the "this does not slip" nonsense for the cameras, and then not only slipping, but then pushing the cameras away at Palace.

I remember seeing the Chelsea lineup, an absolute B team disgrace, with half an eye on a midweek Euro game, thinking they wouldn't come close to stopping Liverpool in this form.

Then getting a FB message, just saying "Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba".
Glorious!

And that last min goal to seal it 2-0, after Stevie G had about 73 shots to try and get back in it single handedly.

A draw would have been enough in the end, as they wouldn't have had to go apesh!T gung ho v Palace and need a 7 or 8-0! A simple win would have done it

(that's enough mad stream of consciousness recollections for now!)

That was beautiful. I absolutely hate Liverpool and everything they stand for.

The ending to that season was scarcely believable as I was certain they had sown up the league title.

Liverpool getting relegated and being stuck in the championship for years would be great. How could anyone not want this to happen

@the unknown one.

I absolutely hate them and above all didn't want Pool to win the league in 2014. I hope it was oppo fans or a negligible minority that wanted them to win.

That was beautiful. I absolutely hate Liverpool and everything they stand for.

The ending to that season was scarcely believable as I was certain they had sown up the league title.

That season, my other long term team, Wycombe were enduring a horrible season, and almost went down to non league. We were under the appalling Moyes season too.

If Liverpool had won the league, Wycombe had gone down, and well...the United season as it was, I honestly think i'd have quit football for good.