Will Harry Kane ever win a trophy? | No

He looks so slow but he is still only 31.

He is moving like he doesn't give a shit anymore.

I guess he's never been pacy but he seems to have lost some aggression in his game and jogging around like Zirkzee upfront.

Still can score goals though & would be good to see him win a Bundesliga.

Reminds me of how Van Persie moved from Arsenal to United to win a league with us!

He plays for Bayern Munich in Germany, enough said. Other teams in Germany tend to surrender even before stepping onto the field against them.
Bayern were fools to pay Kane so much if anyone could do what he does just because of playing for Bayern.

If his career ended now I think he would go down in history as a fairly good player never to have won a trophy.

Last edited:
He plays for Bayern Munich in Germany, enough said. Other teams in Germany tend to surrender even before stepping onto the field against them.
*checks notes*

Since Kane arrived, Bayern could have won four titles in Germany... how did it go?
They lost the Supercup 2023 against Leipzig.
They exited the Cup in the second round against third division team Saarbrücken.
They finished third in the Bundesliga behind Leverkusen and Stuttgart.
They did not even qualify for the Supercup 2024 (would have to have won the league or cup, or if both are won by the same team - as it was - would have to have finished second in the league).

Of course it's highly likely that they will win titles in Germany again while he is here, I just don't like this narrative that all teams are just surrendering. Bayern simply is much better than every other team, but if they look vulnerable, lots of teams are ready to punish them for it. It just so happens that Bayern rarely looks as vulnerable as they often did last season.

Not sure what your point is here? That Kane is only getting that many goal contributions because it's Bayern or he will win a trophy because it is Bayern? The latter I think is inevitable but the former I would say is testament to his ability as much as it is the club.

*checks notes*

Since Kane arrived, Bayern could have won four titles in Germany... how did it go?
They lost the Supercup 2023 against Leipzig.
They exited the Cup in the second round against third division team Saarbrücken.
They finished third in the Bundesliga behind Leverkusen and Stuttgart.
They did not even qualify for the Supercup 2024 (would have to have won the league or cup, or if both are won by the same team - as it was - would have to have finished second in the league).

Of course it's highly likely that they will win titles in Germany again while he is here, I just don't like this narrative that all teams are just surrendering. Bayern simply is much better than every other team, but if they look vulnerable, lots of teams are ready to punish them for it. It just so happens that Bayern rarely looks as vulnerable as they often did last season.

Don't feed the troll

as class as he is he’s turned into a bit of a banter player which makes you think he was destined for us really - we dodged a bullet I guess

No, that's a bit too much.

Based on just ability, not really IMO. He's not even in his peak anymore physically, and he's still playing at incredible levels.

He was dropping performances like this regularly in his younger days

I don't think he was better than peak Suárez, but I might just take peak Kane over any other striker in the last 15 years, even Benzema, Lewandowski, and Haaland.

Spurs tax is the only reason why a lot of people wouldn't put him among the best number 9s ever. If we're just looking at the player itself in isolation, I think his peak was better than arguably anyone's but Suarez's, like I said, from the last ~15 years.

Last edited:
Based on just ability, not really IMO. He's not even in his peak anymore physically, and he's still playing at incredible levels.

He was dropping performances like these regularly in his younger days

I don't think he was better than peak Suárez, but I might just take peak Kane over any other striker in the last 15 years, even Benzema, Lewandowski, and Haaland.

Spurs tax is the only reason why a lot of people wouldn't put him among the best number 9s ever. If we're just looking at the player itself in isolation, I think his peak was better than arguably anyone's but Suarez's, like I said, from the last ~15 years.

One of the best of his generation perhaps but not one of the best of all time. Though depends what quantifiies as "one of the best". Top 5 centre forwards of all time? I wouldn't say so. Top 10? Still no, in my view. I assume that would be the general consensus too.

You speak of Spurs tax, but what a player wins in his career is very relevant to his placing in all-time debates. Kane can win very little and be in the conversation for one of England's greatest ever strikers. However, that doesn't stretch as far as one of the World's greatest ever.

He was dropping performances like this regularly in his younger days

He was an absolutely brilliant all round striker up until his mid 20s but his legs began to go at such a young age.

I remember at the 2018 world cup. Against Croatia, he could barely make it over the half way line to counter at times. His cardio has been going downhill steadily since that tournament.

One of the best of his generation perhaps but not one of the best of all time. Though depends what quantifiies as "one of the best". Top 5 centre forwards of all time? I wouldn't say so. Top 10? Still no, in my view. I assume that would be the general consensus too.

You speak of Spurs tax, but what a player wins in his career is very relevant to his placing in all-time debates. Kane can win very little and be in the conversation for one of England's greatest ever strikers. However, that doesn't stretch as far as one of the World's greatest ever.

It doesn't to me as it depends on what team you play for & the lay of the land at that time in regards to general talent in the world at the moment. The main thing for me that won't allow him to be in those discussions is his performances in final/ big games, he often goes missing.

It doesn't to me as it depends on what team you play for & the lay of the land at that time in regards to general talent in the world at the moment. The main thing for me that won't allow him to be in those discussions is his performances in final/ big games, he often goes missing.
Not so sure. If you look at any potential list for the 'greatest of all-time', how far down would you have to travel to find a player who hasn't been a Champion in a top league, a European Cup winner or a winner of a major International tournament? In most cases, the best ever players have won one or more of these competitions multiple times.

Not so sure. If you look at any potential list for the 'greatest of all-time', how far down would you have to travel to find a player who hasn't been a Champion in a top league, a European Cup winner or a winner of a major International tournament? In most cases, the best ever players have won one or more of these competitions multiple times.

I think that's because the best players end up at the best clubs, if Kane had single handedly won the final of cups on his own, he wouldn't have been at Spurs that long or Madrid or someone would have taken him

That will be because he spent most of his time at Spurs. That could easily have been the case for RvP, Batistuta if they didn't move late in their careers

That will be because he spent most of his time at Spurs. That could easily have been the case for RvP, Batistuta if they didn't move late in their careers
True, but as brilliant as Van Persie and Batistuta were, are even they argued to be the Greatest Striker of all time? Of their generation, sure. Of all time? Maybe, but I'm genuinely not sure.

True, but as brilliant as Van Persie and Batistuta were, are even they argued to be the Greatest Striker of all time? Of their generation, sure. Of all time? Maybe, but I'm genuinely not sure.
Definitely only their generation, if at all.

I think that's because the best players end up at the best clubs, if Kane had single handedly won the final of cups on his own, he wouldn't have been at Spurs that long or Madrid or someone would have taken him
True, he could have won the lot at Madrid. Point stands though, he didn't. I'm not saying that what a player has won is the single biggest factor in whether they are the greatest of all time, but it certainly carries some weight.

Alltime great strikers since the 90s is a small batch.

Van Basten
Baggio
Romario
Ronaldo
Henry
Suarez

Van Basten
Baggio
Romario
Ronaldo
Henry
Suarez
Not even commenting on his place on such a list, but I am not even sure if I would class Baggio as a striker. There are also guys like Benzema and Lewandowski missing.

Not even commenting on his place on such a list, but I am not even sure if I would class Baggio as a striker. There are also guys like Benzema and Lewandowski missing.
Lewandowski I forgot.

Not sure Benzema belongs in the list. His Indian summer was fabulous, but prior to that, he was merely very good for most of his career.

Do we include players like Batistuta, Shevchenko, Shearer, Raul, Rooney, Nistelrooy etc
I wouldn't. Shearer would be the closest in that batch for me. But to me, there's a difference in level between these "among the best of their generation" players and the smaller batch of players who'd be the best, or right up there with the very best at any rate, in any era.

Van Basten
Baggio
Romario
Ronaldo
Henry
Suarez
I always find it incredibly hard to compare the highest peak and the overall career of two players.

Were Ronaldo 9 and van Basten more brillant and at their peak better than Lewandowski? Most probably. Did they have the longevity and overall career stats of Lewandowski? Not at all.

So who was/is the greatest striker between these 3?

I always find it incredibly hard to compare the highest peak and the overall career of two players.

Were Ronaldo 9 and van Basten more brillant and at their peak better than Lewandowski? Most probably. Did they have the longevity and overall career stats of Lewandowski? Not at all.

Not Lewandowski basically.

When the difference in class is so visible it's still the better players, so yeah, the right answer to your last question is "not Lewandowski". Probably Ronaldo for me but it's very close between him and van Basten.

Comparing stats isn't the best way to measure players given how different the situations were.

Only two of those names are genuinely goat level strikers...

There are only 2-3 players in the running for GOAT though.

Everyone after that is just very very good. Those names are all definitely 'all time greats'. I'd add Ibrahimovic to that list as well.

Why?
R9 was technically more gifted, the way better dribbler and overall more spectacular but he never had the goal output Lewandowski has for the last 10 years now.
So why is R9 the better striker?
I think it's fair to say that R9 was the more talented player, but Lewandowski turned out to be the better player in the long run.

Why?
R9 was technically more gifted, the way better dribbler and overall more spectacular but he never had the goal output Lewandowski has for the last 10 years now.
Ronaldo was simply a much more talented and better player. Lewandowski has longevity on his side of course, but ultimately, who cares? In terms of output, it's clearly a much easier era to score goals in. You can see that by the sheer number of (admittedly very good) players who score at such an absurd rate in comparison to previous generations. None of whom hold a candle to Ronaldo, or even someone like Thierry Henry from the previous generation.

Why?

I love Lewandowski but if you asked him he'd tell you himself Ronaldo was better.

Did Van Basten really do anything other than score from that cross? Outside of Holland he was a 1 in 2 striker really.