Will Harry Kane ever win a trophy? | No

Will probably score another 30 goals for Bayern but who cares.

Looks past it. Amazing we didn't end up paying £80m for him. Bayern stuck with him makes me laugh.

Couldn't have said this in the Erik Ten Hag thread throughout last season, it's not making these types of acquisitions being reason as to why the team performed poorly according to a select few.

On a serious note it would have been an abysmal decision, even if he scored 30 odd goals, the economics doesn't make sense given the risk of his decline.

Looks bad today, could be cursed

Thank Christ we didn’t buy him and we have some decent people in charge now.
Knowing us over the last ten years if Woodward was still in charge we’d be putting a bid in on Monday.

Probably the worst #9 in the tournament in terms of general play. Every move from England died at his feet

Thank Christ we didn’t buy him and we have some decent people in charge now.
Knowing us over the last ten years if Woodward was still in charge we’d be putting a bid in on Monday.

Agreed. You just know if we'd spent £100m on him we'd have got this version of Kane all season.

Couldn't have said this in the Erik Ten Hag thread throughout last season, it's not making these types of acquisitions being reason as to why the team performed poorly according to a select few.

On a serious note it would have been an abysmal decision, even if he scored 30 odd goals, the economics doesn't make sense given the risk of his decline.

Agreed. The fact that every ex-United player insisted we should get Kane was a good indicator that it would have been a terrible decision.

His time has come and gone. No point pretending he hasn’t been a brilliant player throughout his career, because he has been. He’s not been at the same level for England, but has obviously an international career he can be very proud of. Especially being England’s record scorer by some distance.

He just doesn’t affect play like he used to, and plays more as a ten than a nine these days, and that leads to overcrowding for England.

I don’t understand the desire to pile on him like he’s some shitty liability. He’s been a great player for a long, long time, but the time has come to move on from him.

So many years wasted at Spurs. He will win something at Bayern, but he looks past his best now and probably won't be a crucial part of the team when it happens.

He’s the mole, a player who scores tons of goals but ultimately when it comes to winning trophies he’s a black hole.

I’ll get my coat.

His time has come and gone. No point pretending he hasn’t been a brilliant player throughout his career, because he has been. He’s not been at the same level for England, but has obviously an international career he can be very proud of. Especially being England’s record scorer by some distance.

He just doesn’t affect play like he used to, and plays more as a ten than a nine these days, and that leads to overcrowding for England.

I don’t understand the desire to pile on him like he’s some shitty liability. He’s been a great player for a long, long time, but the time has come to move on from him.

The problem being that was obvious from game number 1…

Maybe at Bayern but only because it's fecking inevitable they'll win something. Even the curse of Kane can't overpower that.

He's awful in big games and has had a stinker of a tournament. Can't run can't compete in the air, cant get any space to find a pass, utterly pointless.

Most overrated superstar player I’ve ever seen in terms of big match impact

Dreadful tournament. He’s also just not someone who understands how to elevate himself in these tight congested big games - he shrivels up. Either it’s the lack of pace, or just being so long at Spurs that has inculcated this in him. If he wasn’t fit, then he should have been on the bench.

saw a tweet during the season joking how difficult it is to name five Harry Kane goals and it makes you realise he has literally none of the “I remember where I was when” moments that Rooney Owen Shearer etc have

To think there were individuals on here absolutely adamant we should swallow the pill of signing Harry Kane for 100 million because "guaranteed goals."

Thank feck even we are not that bloody stupid. Would have been a horrendous gaff.

I can't believe how slow he is now. Dreadful tournament but still surprised he came off after an hour

He must have been injured, like just must have been. I expected he’d drop off one day but considering the season he just had at Bayern it’s insane that it could just happen over the space of four weeks like this.
Thing about Kane is he’s got history with this. Playing injured in huge games such as the 2019 cl final when there was absolutely no way he’d have been fit.
Can’t even have a go at him cos most players would put themselves first in this situation and want to play but that’s where you need a strong manager to overrule and Southgate just isn’t that, just as Poch wasn’t.

To think there were individuals on here absolutely adamant we should swallow the pill of signing Harry Kane for 100 million because "guaranteed goals."

Thank feck even we are not that bloody stupid. Would have been a horrendous gaff.

I feel vindicated honestly. That thread was cancerous last summer with the amount of people moaning that we didn't stump up 100m for him and pay him huge wages.

Yeah he will win the Bundesliga next season more then likely.

I am not sure if a Vincent Kompany led Bayern will be better over 34 games than an unbeaten Leverkusen. I think the drought continues next season.

He has been an extremely good player at club level, with England it's a hit and miss with him but to be fair, it's the same with every player.

I was happy we didn't end up spending 100m+ on a 29 year old.

England should look towards younger players for future tournaments.

Asked about his fitness: “ everyone has their issues, it’s been a long season, no one’s full fit, but the manager makes the selections he feels are best for the group”

Asked about Southgate: “Really we wanted to win this for him more than anyone”

More than anyone? More than the millions of England fans? Or, do you live him because he picks you no matter what Harry.

Got it.

It may sound knee-jerk, but I literally never rated Kane as anything more than a decent PL striker.
I never feared when United played against him, a far cry from vintage United sides too.
Players like Les Ferdinand and Alan Shearer for Newcastle, Anelka, Bergkamp, Van Persie, Wright, Sanchez even Adebayor for Arsenal, and many others, I could genuinely name dozens of Premier League strikers that I rate higher than him.
Regardless of how many meaningless goals he scored throughout his career.

Some people think United could’ve won the FA Cup last season with Kane, I thoroughly disagree.
Feel a bit sorry for him, but it is what it is.

saw a tweet during the season joking how difficult it is to name five Harry Kane goals and it makes you realise he has literally none of the “I remember where I was when” moments that Rooney Owen Shearer etc have
Funnily enough, the only goal that comes to mind with Kane is the goal he "scored" against Stoke where he swore on his daughter's life that he got a touch on Eriksen's cross.

And his "Hahaha, but seriously, that's my fecking goal..." reaction in the post-match interview.

The guy is a jinx for club and country. Southgate said he wasn’t fit enough so should have started Watkins or Toney instead in the groups to give him a rest. As soon as he came off last night England started playing a lot better.

Just a penalty merchant. Also way too passive as an England captain. It isn't totally his fault and is partly down to a speech impediment that affects his leadership and communication, these days he just comes across as someone who'd rather be golfing like Bale.

Joined Bayern expecting to win easy trophies without as much effort and failed even to do that, man's cursed :lol: At least he's enjoying the golf courses in Germany eh.... Not much of a leader, again.

It's surreal how bad Mbappé and Kane have managed to be. Even their strong characteristics have looked like weaknesses.

Yep. I suppose with Mbappé he has a new club and journey to look forward to, and another career of sorts, but Kane looked like a shell of his former self. He looked incredibly weak in every aspect and like his body is broken.

This is why I can’t take any of the ‘he will just drop back as he got older and still be as effective’ crowd seriously. Half a yard of pace is invaluable for an attacker and often the difference between lethal and finished, we already saw that with RvP and he was a much more technically accomplished player than Kane. Old ‘Arry will probably still do well enough in the BL for the next couple of years but thanks feck Levy is the cnut he is, otherwise we would be saddled for years with an aging striker on £350k+ a week after spunking £100-150m on him.

Injury or not, his absolute refusal to stay in the box is infuriating, just aimless meandering on the field and robbed his teammates of an out ball.