Will Harry Kane ever win a trophy? | No

Horrible tournament by him. Didn’t look fit at all and was in no way integrated into the English play.
However neither was his substitute, who also had a similar low amount of touches.
Personally, I don’t even understand what Southgate wanted from his forwards. They weren’t used to help with quick passes for the wingers, they didn’t get any crosses whatsoever and were completely isolated from the rest of the team. Incredibly weird set up that seems to be a coaches decision rather than a feck up in his part.

He’s not a man for the big occasion. Not a man for sides that really want to win stuff.

Your immediate thought is that he is cursed. Then you think to yourself “no don’t be silly Diarm - curses aren’t real”.

Then you see this:

0_Screenshot-2022-11-23-at-130713.png

It's really hard to get past that feeling that he's a jinx and there's no point in trying to understand why.

Horrible tournament by him. Didn’t look fit at all and was in no way integrated into the English play.
However neither was his substitute, who also had a similar low amount of touches.
Personally, I don’t even understand what Southgate wanted from his forwards. They weren’t used to help with quick passes for the wingers, they didn’t get any crosses whatsoever and were completely isolated from the rest of the team. Incredibly weird set up that seems to be a coaches decision rather than a feck up in his part.

Warning signs were there pre tournament, Kane struggled to be involved in the play, in multiple games. Watkins had a start and was even more anonymous. Southgate just relies on them to appear in moments like Kane in extra time against Slovakia and Watkins in the last minute against Netherlands.

I think im the only one that kinda blame him AND the players around him.

To me Foden was the biggest disappointment, then Bellingham and Kane. Saka was better, but not much.

Even they made the final, i think Southgate should play way more attacking whit this team.Palmer was only one looking sharp to me.

Once more when they needed the goal the looked good. Then they suddenly go back to defensive shitfest again.

Of course nobody wants to miss out on a major final but a mature and selfless captain who’s either not fit or just having a mare pulls the manager to the side and effectively drops himself for the betterment of the team. After the equaliser England had a five minute period where they showed they can in fact play football. Another ‘what could have been’ for us.

Your immediate thought is that he is cursed. Then you think to yourself “no don’t be silly Diarm - curses aren’t real”.

Then you see this:

0_Screenshot-2022-11-23-at-130713.png

:lol::lol:

We all know nobody from Mayo will ever win anything important.

It's even worse he brought that on himself when his family is actually from Galway.

I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic
They're great at autobahn but not very good for strikers if they aren't very motivated themselves (aka those who just want to win an 'easy' trophy there). Wout Weghorst reached world class output in bundesliga and in PL he became the first ever defensive striker.

Kane seems to be getting a lot of flack however the team set up did him no favours. At Bayern he has runners off him and at England he needed the same but our clueless manager failed to grasp that. I think he still has a lot to offer England going forward and hopefully a new manager can set up a better functioning team.

He never playa well at major penalties, a bunch of penalties, jammy tap ins, ball hits his bum and he scores etc.

Will be great for his record, but completely meaningless.

Been old and slow for England at every tournament.

The only time he ran with purpose last night was in the direction of the referee for a moan.

Not sure how Harry fits into Kompanys style of passing and high pressing…..Bayern might have an expensive issue on their hands next season.

Genuinely think we dodged a bullet last summer, one great season and then washed up - sounds familiar doesn’t it?

A season can be a long time in football, think back to last year and every pundit and 90% of United fans were crying out for him to join...now it feels like a blessing United missed out on him.

German football is probably the best league for him.

Of course nobody wants to miss out on a major final but a mature and selfless captain who’s either not fit or just having a mare pulls the manager to the side and effectively drops himself for the betterment of the team. After the equaliser England had a five minute period where they showed they can in fact play football. Another ‘what could have been’ for us.

Southgate should have made that decision rather than let England play with 10 men for 60 minutes. I still don’t understand why the likes of Shearer last night were saying that there was no way Kane was ever going to be dropped for the final. it’s not like there isn’t a famous precedent from the only time England actually won a trophy.

Kane's legacy will be being the "Loosey", just like Gerrard's legacy was being the "Slippy".

They won quite a few matches by themselves, but that's how history will fondly remember them.

Spot on. If he wasn't 100% then he shouldn't have been starting the entire tournament. We're not talking about Messi here, he shouldn't be undroppable. We had ample replacements in Toney and Watkins.

Southgate should have made that decision rather than let England play with 10 men for 60 minutes. I still don’t understand why the likes of Shearer last night were saying that there was no way Kane was ever going to be dropped for the final. it’s not like there isn’t a famous precedent from the only time England actually won a trophy.
Yeah but we all know he ain’t got the minerals for that.

Dodged a bullet not signing him. He's been on the decline for a while, but is still a good poacher so he'll stat pad against lesser opposition. Even at his best he never really did well in big games though.

Talk of the best English player of all time or anything close to that is wild and so far off from accurate. He's not close to that.

Dodged a bullet not signing him. He's been on the decline for a while, but is still a good poacher so he'll stat pad against lesser opposition. Even at his best he never really did well in big games though.

Talk of the best English player of all time or anything close to that is wild and so far off from accurate. He's not close to that.

Does anyone talk of him as the best English player of all time? That would be ridiculous. Even as a striker, although he’s the leading goalscorer in this era of pub teams in qualification and greatly expanded tournaments, he’d definitely be behind Lineker and (before my time) Greaves. Shearer and Rooney were also better players although their England careers were hampered by injuries.

Does anyone talk of him as the best English player of all time? That would be ridiculous. Even as a striker, although he’s the leading goalscorer in this era of pub teams in qualification and greatly expanded tournaments, he’d definitely be behind Lineker and (before my time) Greaves. Shearer and Rooney were also better players although their England careers were hampered by injuries.
Didn't Gary Neville say it the other day? The guy has never performed in big games. It's craziness.

Charlton until someone can win the BdO AND trophies with England, the Tottenham of international footy.

Kane maxed out all of his potential, I recall Spurs sent him out on loan to a whole bunch of clubs and even when he scored a lot under Poch people were more hyped by Alli oddly enough. He's had the discipline to finetune his shotmaking, passing, penalties, similar to Beckham and set pieces. Not a captain who can be counted on to spur the team on vocally when the chips are down, but he's a reliable presence in an era where players with bad self discipline like Walker or Rooney are captain candidates.

Last edited:
Managers need to stop playing him when he's not fit. Spurs started him in the CL final when they should have kept Moura who was in form. And now England are falling into the same trap.

Kane seems to be getting a lot of flack however the team set up did him no favours. At Bayern he has runners off him and at England he needed the same but our clueless manager failed to grasp that. I think he still has a lot to offer England going forward and hopefully a new manager can set up a better functioning team.
Agreed. When he first started dropping deep regularly in games, it was under Mourinho when Son was running in behind. Foden and Bellingham aren't blessed with the pace to do that.

I was wondering if the supercup would be the end of the curse, so googled the date and realized bayern actually finished 3rd in the league.