Who replaces Ten Hag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disaster. Was close to being sacked for playing in a totally uninspired way and was responsible for a (wrong) turn Dortmund's recruitment took. Getting players like Sancho and Maatsen on loan in the winter was a desperate try to fix those mistakes, as well as getting Bender and Sahin in as new assistant managers.

Reaching the CL final steadied the ship for him and saved his job, but during the winter there was a strong feeling that Sahin was signed as his "crown prince" to replace him if he doesn't turn it around (which he arguably still didn't in the league, but the CL performances ensured CL qualification again so that is somewhat glossed over now).
The way you've described him in this thread sounds suspiciously like ETH this season. Did a shit job most of the season until right at the very end.

Looks like it'll be Tuchel

Easily the best in class option available if we do move off ETH.

I've been ETH out but I wouldn't support sacking him just to appoint Southgate/De Zerbi/Potter/Poch etc.

Wouldn't have minded taking a gambling on McKenna but with that out of the question, Tuchel is someone I could get behind to get us back to not being a walk in the park for every side, top, middle or bottom of the table, in the league anymore.

The way you've described him in this thread sounds suspiciously like ETH this season. Did a shit job most of the season until right at the very end.
Look at their seasons, both clubs clearly missed their target in the league (fifth and eigth instead of top two/top four), both had a surprising cup run in the end (CL final/FA Cup win). No wonder that there are a lot of parallels between their manager performances as well.

Looks like ETH will stay as no other option out there atm.

the 'getting the best out of players' screams pochettino to me

Is Ten Hag 100% gone then, if Sir Jim is interviewing potential replacements?
I listened to the post cup final Red Devils podcast (Mitten, Whitwell, (w)Anka). One of them made a point that unless you’re doing fantastic (City, Leverkusen), most clubs will be considering options and given we finished 8th, it’s not a surprise we were talking to some camps… as they said, they’d have been disappointed in United if we WEREN’T chatting to managers.

Speaking to other managers strikes me as the club doing diligence, seeing who’s out there, chatting to see what they want (style, control, new players, etc) and then making an informed decision. Sounds fine with me.

If he isnt 100% gone, this undermining job Ineos have done to him is extraordinary and only getting worse every day.

I listened to the post cup final Red Devils podcast (Mitten, Whitwell, (w)Anka). One of them made a point that unless you’re doing fantastic (City, Leverkusen), most clubs will be considering options and given we finished 8th, it’s not a surprise we were talking to some camps… as they said, they’d have been disappointed in United if we WEREN’T chatting to managers.

Speaking to other managers strikes me as the club doing diligence, seeing who’s out there, chatting to see what they want (style, control, new players, etc) and then making an informed decision. Sounds fine with me.

I get the "sounding out" thing but the main man (Sir Jim) actually meeting a potential replacement seems a bit more than that.

Not even mention of Southgate from Matt Lawton. Poch, Frank or De Zerbi.

If we act positively and hire one of those 3 I'd get behind it. Would respect a gamble on RdZ over the safety net of Tuchel, cowardice of keeping ETH or the nepotism of hiring Southgate against all logic.

Potentially by the end of next week we’ll have a clear idea on what’s going on. Seems like they’ve spoke to Tuchel over the weekend but turns out he wants a break from football.

Lost as many games as us and didn't win the FA Cup. Boom!
Bit similar to ETH though in the fact he can’t play when his best players are injured. Also when he loses he loses ugly. Bit like ETH.

It’s embarrassing that the top 3 fav to take over are pochettino, Southgate and De Zerbi in that order.

Status
Not open for further replies.