Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, Giggs shouldn't say shit like that. Ok, he shouldn't opine that we NEED a CM, but he shouldn't say that we'll be fine without one.

And for fecksake, if he can't see that his selection in central midfield at his age means that we are shit in that area, then he needs to get his eyes sorted.
Yeah, feck off Ryan Giggs, and stop having an opinion about an issue involving United that differs from steveofftheinternet. What does he know about football anyway?

Thing is, Giggs shouldn't say shit like that. Ok, he shouldn't opine that we NEED a CM, but he shouldn't say that we'll be fine without one.

And for fecksake, if he can't see that his selection in central midfield at his age means that we are shit in that area, then he needs to get his eyes sorted.
What would you like him to do? Be negative and further the pressure already on Moyes? That would be stupid.

Ferguson left Moyes with huge problems to solve, Rooney and a solving the CM dilemma tha Fergie didn´t want to tackle for some reason. But that might be just what Moyes needs to prove to us, that he can solve huge problems.. But it´s for everybody to see that we are crying out for a great midfield maestro.

I think the problem is Moyes has taken so long to solve the problems. Although he only officially started on July 1, he had known for a good month beforehand he was taking over and Rooney situation was made aware after the last game of the season.

Personally, I think it is hard to argue against the fact that he is struggling a bit to be authoritative with both the incoming and outgoing transfers. He is dillydallying a bit too much and we've got the first game of the season in a couple of days with none of our major issues resolved (CM + Rooney).

On that basis, Moyes (+Woodward) has been pretty unwise so far.

What would you like him to do? Be negative and further the pressure already on Moyes? That would be stupid.

Yeah GIggs said teh 'right' thing. Obviously we are trying to bring in a CM, and atleast its attempts to deflect away any pressure from Moyes. I'm sure Moyes doesn't believe we are 'fine' in CM, but the problem is he is a bit slow in resolving the problem.

I think the problem is Moyes has taken so long to solve the problems. Although he only officially started on July 1, he had known for a good month beforehand he was taking over and Rooney situation was made aware after the last game of the season.

Personally, I think it is hard to argue against the fact that he is struggling a bit to be authoritative with both the incoming and outgoing transfers. He is dillydallying a bit too much and we've got the first game of the season in a couple of days with none of our major issues resolved (CM + Rooney).

On that basis, Moyes (+Woodward) has been pretty unwise so far.

You can´t really blame him(them) for trying to bring in top notch quality?
If he would have gone straight for Fellaini we would all have gone mental!

You can´t really blame him(them) for trying to bring in top notch quality?
If he would have gone straight for Fellaini we would all have gone mental!

Of course, I don't blame him for trying to bring in Fabregas. But I've said before the manner in which we pursued him seemed amateurish. Firstly, we could've bid for him prior to the departure of Thiago - that is if Cesc is the one we really wanted.

I think Woodward being in place of Gill is quite a big change as well, obviously he would be learning the ropes. But it's like saying this - is it the case that you can't blame them because they 'tried their best' when their best is fairly average? It's right to say you cannot blame their intentions, but the manner in which they've tried to execute leaves a lot to be desired.

It's very difficult to sign a quality CM almost impossible to sign a top-quality one.

Why don't we go all out attack on buying Witsel.

Send Moyes a bloody email.. I don't think he knows of his existence.... Thats an Afro i wont mind seeing in a United shirt. Even if their money man decided to leave we still would probably turn the cheek.

*clears throat*
KGcG9wv.jpg

Isn't Witsel supposed to an even bigger thug than Fellaini? And that's one of the reasons people don't want Fellaini. Besides didn't Zenit pay a ridiculous amount of money for him?

United have never played with a midfielder who's sole job is to be a destroyer. It's a waste of a player in 95% of matches.

For the odd occasion that we do need to man mark someone, Jones has proved to be adequate.

In short, we don't need Mascherano.

And he's a cnut too.

In short we don't need any midfielders, what we need is more defenders, strikers and wingers.

Isn't Witsel supposed to an even bigger thug than Fellaini? And that's one of the reasons people don't want Fellaini. Besides didn't Zenit pay a ridiculous amount of money for him?
He broke Wasilewski's leg with a horrific tackle and didn't even apologise.

So you welcome his comment even though it is highly likely he thinks otherwise? So who exactly benefits from such assurance when Moyes will know full well we need to sign someone? Some mindless numpty?

Giggs will say that as it makes sure that he gets games.

Of course he bloody should. As older statesmen and coach of our team, he should absolutely say that we have a great squad and we have enough to challenge as is. You have to show faith in your team and your teammates - especially if you're one of the leaders of that team.

Not only that, but it's about reducing the pressure on Moyes as well... If Giggs says "well we could do with buying in" then that just puts Moyes under pressure to bring someone in - and he's got enough people doing that already with Giggs adding to it.

So you welcome his comment even though it is highly likely he thinks otherwise? So who exactly benefits from such assurance when Moyes will know full well we need to sign someone? Some mindless numpty?
Do I welcome a player not putting pressure on our manager? Yes. I'm not an idiot. What benefit comes from Giggs telling the media we desperately need a midfielder?

Well, in that case I don't know. Perhaps he didn't apologise personally, which is indeed cnutish.

It's very difficult to sign a quality CM almost impossible to sign a top-quality one.
It's one of the most important positions on the pitch, naturally they are expensive, but they are around.

Mónaco smoothly bought one of the best midfielder in Europe, and Benfica is still waiting for someone to pinch Matic. They are expensive, but United surely can pay, it's just they don't want to.

Looking at the lack of transfer activity I am actually beginning to wonder if there is any money available to spend ? Research on players is not done in July / August.

Lack of funds probably best explains why we have not made any decent signings thus far.

Looking at the lack of transfer activity I am actually beginning to wonder if there is any money available to spend ? Research on players is not done in July / August.

Lack of funds probably best explains why we have not made any decent signings thus far.

Funds are there and not a smallest doubt about that. After signing Kagawa, we were ready to splash over 30 millions on Hazard/Lucas. That money wasn't used plus this summer, after winning the title, we only used about 1 million on Guillermo Varela.

We have underused, current budget plus remaining funds from summer 2012.

Funds are there and not a smallest doubt about that. After signing Kagawa, we were ready to splash over 30 millions on Hazard/Lucas. That money wasn't used plus this summer, after winning the title, we only used about 1 million on Guillermo Varela.

How do you know that? You could easily change your statement to We didn't spend £30 million on Hazard or Lucas ... cos we don't have the money.

There seems to be lots of posturing and talk about signings but I don't think the Glazers are prepared to spend big at all.

Oh and don't forget the Ronaldo money is still there lmfao

How do you know that? You could easily change your statement to We didn't spend £30 million on Hazard or Lucas ... cos we don't have the money.

There seems to be lots of posturing and talk about signings but I don't think the Glazers are prepared to spend big at all.

Oh and don't forget the Ronaldo money is still there lmfao

Lille accepted our bid, Chelsea's and City's for Hazard... then the player himself made his choice. The thing with Lucas was that his agent wanted about 7 millions for himself and we basically said 'feck you' to him which was a right thing to do.

If all deals in the summer 2012 turned to be successful (Kagawa, Hazard, RVP) that would be about 70 millions, used in one window.

We spent those £24m on van Persie.

We spent those £24m on van Persie.

We signed van Persie very late in the transfer window because Wenger was stalling, which was understandable.

We were prepared to splash that way earlier on him, without looking on other progressing deals.

We signed van Persie very late in the transfer window because Wenger was stalling, which was understandable.

We were prepared to splash that way earlier on him, without looking on other progressing deals.
We didn't really sign him very late in the window, we signed him about a day after Lucas signed for PSG and it was the beginning of August or the end of July. He played against Everton in our first game of the season.

We didn't really sign him very late in the window, we signed him about a day after Lucas signed for PSG and it was the beginning of August or the end of July. He played against Everton in our first game of the season.

If Wenger wouldn't stall, we could get him earlier than that.

If Wenger wouldn't stall, we could get him earlier than that.
Yeah, but it doesn't really matter. We spent £24m on him after we already knew that Lucas and Hazard wouldn't come, we're not exactly sure what our plans would have been had either of those two picked us instead of PSG or Chelsea. We'd have likely still gone after van Persie as a marquee signing but there's no way of knowing this for sure.

We probably have the money to spend in this window but won't do it randomly, we need to have our targets identified and properly scouted before we decide to spend the money. Moyes might have not had the time to do it so we could wait another 1-2 seasons before eventually getting a midfielder, I wouldn't be surprised. People have been sure we'd be getting a midfielder for 3 years running and I've been called all sorts of names for thinking that we won't, it wouldn't surprise me if we refused to address the problem once again (even though I actually thought before this Summer that it'd be impossible for another manager not to take note of the scale of the problem).

*clears throat*
KGcG9wv.jpg

Oh for feck sake :lol:

The rags are really beginning to get desperate! How can a so called "sports journalist" even bear his/her head after writing such bollox. Like....what the feck are these cnuts paid for?

Messi leaving Barcelona is about as lightly as Keano becoming the next Pope

Status
Not open for further replies.