Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabregas would be my first pick, then Vidal and Gündogan.
Problem is, none of the 4-5 best central midfielders out-there is for sale. And if we buy, we should only buy topclass players, if not, don't waste money on some 2nd choice player, give youth the chance instead..
There is no youth. Anderson is not a kid anymore and keeps getting injured else. We're short on numbers as well as quality

It's a shame Ben Pearson is 1-2 years too young, he is a brilliant young talent, and has a lot of the qualities we need in CM right now..

It's a shame Ben Pearson is 1-2 years too young, he is a brilliant young talent, and has a lot of the qualities we need in CM right now..

Yep, he's really a good prospect and could be a very good player for us. But we should strengthen the squad now, he won't be ready for the first team in 2-3 years IMO.

Etienne Capoue as Carrick cover. Cardiff currently have the highest bid according to them, obviously he's holding out for a better club. Fee expected to be around £9 million

Verratti, if he signs a 5 or 6 year contract and doesn't want to leave if Juventus/Madrid/Barca wants him.

Has always been him for me. He'd be the perfect solution for the next 10 years and would link up brilliantly with RvP

Shame he would not be on the market for any price....I thought this thread was about players we might have a chance of getting

Shame he would not be on the market for any price....I thought this thread was about players we might have a chance of getting
Which top player is really available? It's more about making a great offer that makes the club think.

People here are mentioning Modric - if he s available. i see modric's style very similar to older Scholes while Fabregas reminds me of young Scholes. Not bad either option...

Some still think its nailed on that he'll sign for us

:lol::lol: It took me sadly losing an argument with a mate saying 'I still think signing Strootman is a priority....' to find out he'd in fact signed for Roma.. Oops.

How long till the end of the transfer window?

There is a month left still, which is plenty of time, but who is there left to sign, realistically, that can improve us there? That's the most worrying part.

Fabregas seems off and Modric is unlikely so I'd settle for Fellaini and/or McCarthy right now.

Best case scenario: Modric or (preferably) Fabregas + Fellaini or (preferably) McCarthy.

Worst case scenario: Fellaini.

Southampton have apparently made a bid for Banega.

If they get him they are shaping up to having a very decent team.

What's the deal about McCarthy? Loads here seem to rate him yet i see none of the supposedly bigger clubs in the PL making a move for him? As far as i can recall, only Fulham came in with a lowball offer and was rejected

What's the deal about McCarthy? Loads here seem to rate him yet i see none of the supposedly bigger clubs in the PL making a move for him? As far as i can recall, only Fulham came in with a lowball offer and was rejected

Tottenham are supposedly the most likely to sign him, as an upgrade on Parker. Everton have been linked too (because of Martinez I'd guess).

If dortmund really want Kagawa then should we not demand Gundogan and keep Rooney in his favorite position! Sorted!

Southampton have apparently made a bid for Banega.

If they get him they are shaping up to having a very decent team.

They got Wanyama and Lovren too I think. Pochettino is building up a very good young team there, and they already have quality youngsters in Shaw and Clyne in defence, and Ramirez, Schneiderlin, Lallana all in midfield, and a few good attackers. Pretty impressive actually for a team that only just got in the premier league last season.

If dortmund really want Kagawa then should we not demand Gundogan and keep Rooney in his favorite position! Sorted!

Chelsea? :nono:

I was going to bumped this thread to ask the same question as Sata about McCarthy - he seems to be so highly rated on here, I'm surprised he's still a Wigan player.

Chelsea? :nono:

I was going to bumped this thread to ask the same question as Sata about McCarthy - he seems to be so highly rated on here, I'm surprised he's still a Wigan player.

Wigan want £20 million for him, and that's not a fair price for him.

I guess you can't blame Wigan for being optimistic in the present market, though it's probably putting off potential bidders.

They got Wanyama and Lovren too I think. Pochettino is building up a very good young team there, and they already have quality youngsters in Shaw and Clyne in defence, and Ramirez, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Cork all in midfield, and a few good attackers. Pretty impressive actually for a team that only just got in the premier league last season.

Sounded like a great team till the random inclusion of Cork

Sounded like a great team till the random inclusion of Cork
I was stating their promising youngsters... And he's only 20 or so right? Plenty of time to be a decent footballer.
Edit: actually he's 24.. Ignore him then, I'll just erase that :lol:

Claudio Marchisio name as cropped up again,Corriere dello Sport reporting we will be in for him when the Fabregas deal fails.

Any La Liga fans give their opinion on Croatian, Ivan Rakitic of Sevilla?

A lot of goals, but I thought he was a central mid?

He is a central midfielder but played in front of Medel and Kondogbia as more of an AM and was Sevilla's best player last season

Status
Not open for further replies.