Where will United finish this season?

Where will United finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would love to get top 4, but just can't see us finishing better than 5th-8th. While the first 11 is ok, there just isn't the strength in depth to compete over the season, or to even change things up in single games when things aren't going our way. Also think it was a massive mistake to not get a proven goalscorer in this summer and this is going to come back and bite us many times. And this is before even starting on EtH's tactics and substitutions.

Someone posted a league table in one of the threads for our last 15 league matches and it has us 3rd from bottom and in the relegation zone , while obviously we won't finish near the bottom it is a true reflection of where we are right now.

And In think we will have a real battle on our hands to maintain a top 8 finish this season. Despite all the money spent we are the definition of mid table mediocrity.

Ten Hag has the ability & talent to get us into a relegation battle, if given a proper chance he will be successful in that

Ten Hag has the ability & talent to get us into a relegation battle, if given a proper chance he will be successful in that
If you extrapolate the last 16 game, not only does he have the talent to get us into a relegation battle, he will actually get us relegated. The man is a clown and should be sacked over the international break.

15th: if ETH continues beyond December
7-8th: if we get a good manager early
10th: if we get a stop-gap interim manager till the season's end

I'm at a loss to see how we progress from here considering we have all the same problems we had last season. On paper we have some talented players who will pull us through from time to time but as a team, we're completely static, and we're really terribly coached.

8th.

It won't be as bad as the Scousers were singing: there are still at least three teams worse than us in the league! :mad:

I put 5th and I feel that's optimistic too at the moment.

Top 4 was never realistic without signing a goalscoring forward, which of course we didn't
There's still a chance Holijund could be that if we play like we did against Palace in the first half every week

There's still a chance Holijund could be that if we play like we did against Palace in the first half every week
I still see a lot of rawness in him. And many anonymous performances in between his good ones. So don’t think he’ll be the one to get us into the CL places or winning the Europa League. Hope to be wrong

Very good window, I think the manager will restrict how far the team actually progresses so 5-6th on that basis.

I believe the team in terms of quality is capable of finishing in the top four. I think the best squads are as listed: City, Arsenal, Chelsea and United / Liverpool similar level.

I think Villa and Tottenham are somewhat similar decent squads but have managers that are squeezing more out of their respective players.
Is the United team stronger than Liverpool in any position at all? Serious questions because I cannot see where. Bruno when firing is obviously good but wouldn't want him to replace anyone in the Liverpool team.

I still see a lot of rawness in him. And many anonymous performances in between his good ones. So don’t think he’ll be the one to get us into the CL places or winning the Europa League. Hope to be wrong
Had a couple of moments last game where it wasn’t clear he was passing or trying to control the ball. Still a bit rusty after the injury I guess

I was feeling fairly bullish going into this season expecting Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea & possibly Villa to struggle. Turns out I was only right (so far) about one of those.

With a fair few of the teams above us playing each other this weekend I can see us moving up to 6th if we beat Spurs and suddenly things look a little bit better but I can see top 4 being really tricky now.

Having seen our start to the season and our attacking threat, I'm going to revise my guess to 9th. Assuming we stick with the manager until it's too late, which we will, I reckon the interim will have to drag us back from the bottom half.

I said 4th and would change to 6 - 8th if i was voting now. I'd say 4th was trying to be optimistic.

Top 4 is super competitive for a club still trying to find itself again but I think when it clicks we will do it. The defenders look to be forging a good thing. If we can somehow get our attack firing enough to knick 1-0s in the games we are currently drawing we would be challenging for the title. We just badly need to go on a run and to get some luck

4th or 5th would be my guess. I think we will win the EL and get into the CL through that either way

Last edited:
Thought we would finish 5th/6th, haven't seen much to deviate from that yet in either direction.

I voted 6th, but as there's no progress and the results are already poor so as the way we play I guess I was too optimistic. 7-8th. We have exactly the same scoring drought which won't be solved as Zirkzee isn't prolific enough, Rashford is useless and so on. I guess City, Pool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle and Tottenham will finish ahead of us, probably Brighton too.