What do we still need? Aka The never ending story

To me, it should be Ugarte and Rabiot we prioritize. Our midfield is far too thin and we fail to fix this issue year over yesr.

To me, it should be Ugarte and Rabiot we prioritize. Our midfield is far too thin and we fail to fix this issue year over yesr.
Totally agree we should get Rabiot in asap just to relieve the pressure and then wait for PSG to sanction a transfer at the end of the window for Ugarte for £40-45m including add ons.

I’m worried about the team’s ability to score goals but I think Ruud will improve the strikers and by the looks of it Sancho and Antony are not leaving so they either perform or they’ll be phased out by January.

We must average at least 2 goals per game and preferably back to the 2.16 we average in ETH first season across all competitions.

He is in his third year and we need to see more than 70 PL goals in 38 games this season, in previous seasons his United team have scored less than 60 in both seasons, this is why he’s scared to lose Scott Mctominay we desperately need to see Mount, Zirkzee, Sancho, Amad, Hojlund, Antony, Bruno, Garnacho and Rashford start scoring more regularly in the PL at least five of them need to produce double figures in the PL this season.

There are no excuses if Villa, Chelsea, Spurs, Brighton and Newcastle can all score over 70 and in Newcastle case over 80 last season, we demand as fans this season a true attacking Man United team that scores goals so if players are not hitting the net they must be dropped simple.

Last season West Ham scored more than us under Moyes and Palace the same amount of PL goals, the season before when the team came third but were only the 7th highest scorers in the EPL.

ETH must show us attacking football not a negative Goal difference but goals and lots of them, personally we will know after 10/12 games if their is any real improvement as if his time has only scored 16 or 17 goals it means, he hasn’t learned anything and his blind loyalty to duds will cost him his job !

----------------------------------NEW----------------------------------
--------------------------------Hojlund--------------------------------
Garnacho----------------------------------------------------Amad
Rashford---------------------------------------------------Zirkzee
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------Bruno-----------------------------------
--------------------------------Mount-----------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------NEW-------------Mainoo---------------------
----------------------Casemiro------------NEW----------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shaw--------------------------------------------------------------Dalot
Mazroui-----------------------------------------------------------NEW
------------------------Martinez------de Ligt------------------------
----------------------------NEW----------Yoro--------------------------
----------------------------------Onana-----------------------------------
---------------------------------Bayindir----------------------------------

with what is left main thing is we need another central mid signing. Not really super bothered by the age on this if the club is high on collyer and obviously high on mainoo. Nobody older than casemiro obvs, but someone in the mid to even upper 20s is perfectly fine. Get rid of eriksen and mctominay and upgrade a spot.

In

Zirkzee - 35 ✅
Yoro - 52 ✅
De Ligt - 42
Ugarte - 5 (Loan to buy)
Neves - 75
Kayode - 25

Total - 235m

Out

Kambwala - 10 ✅
Greenwood - 25 ✅
McTominay - 30
Casemiro - 25
AWB - 20
Lindelof - 10
Eriksen - 5
Alvaro - 5 ✅
Forson - 1 ✅
+ Varane, Martial released ✅

Total - 130m + big wage reduction

About 1/3 of the way there now…

Progress update:

Zirkzee ✅
Yoro ✅
De Ligt ✅
Ugarte (stalled)
Neves ❌
Kayode ❌
Mazraoui ✅
Berge/Fofana (in talks)

Kambwala - 10 ✅
Greenwood - 25 ✅
McTominay
Casemiro
AWB ✅
Lindelof
Eriksen
Alvaro ✅
Forson ✅

2/3 of the way there now…

Midfield is the priority now but I suppose further signings will come down to player sales.

Really hope we can get two midfielders with different profiles, so Ugarte/Berge/Fofana and someone who can make those forward passes but struggling to come up with names

Progress update:

Zirkzee ✅
Yoro ✅
De Ligt ✅
Ugarte (stalled)
Neves ❌
Kayode ❌
Mazraoui ✅
Berge/Fofana (in talks)

Kambwala - 10 ✅
Greenwood - 25 ✅
McTominay
Casemiro
AWB ✅
Lindelof
Eriksen
Alvaro ✅
Forson ✅

2/3 of the way there now…
So I don't know anything about the signings as I only watch United and it is too much work to Google them.

What positions do they play and who will be a starter ? Who will be back-up ? Who is a youth for the future ?

If AWB is gone, ( which I am very glad to hear ) then I hope one of them is a right back .

Different subject, but could Dalot do a job in midfield alongside Mainoo ?

From your list of those to go, that are remaining I would like it to be Casemiro. Clearly he has skills and vision above the vast majority of footballers, but he's now old, slow, and quite often a liability.

So we got Yoro, de Ligt and Mazraoui for defence so obviously shopping in defensive area is finished. If we get Ugarte and Rabiot (have no idea if those 2 deals will go through) we'd complete the midfield as well. However, do think we'll still be missing goals in attack. Hojlund and Zirkzee seem talented but probably won't be that effective. Antony and Sancho - hardly anyone expects many G/A from those two. Amad I think will improve some more this season but won't be enough. Do expect Garnacho to do well. Then it all depends on Rashford and if he can show up this season like in 22/23 where his goals got us top 4 finish.

Not surprised by rumours we're looking for another ST. Probably won't happen but perhaps it will in January transfer window.

So I don't know anything about the signings as I only watch United and it is too much work to Google them.

What positions do they play and who will be a starter ? Who will be back-up ? Who is a youth for the future ?

If AWB is gone, ( which I am very glad to hear ) then I hope one of them is a right back .

Different subject, but could Dalot do a job in midfield alongside Mainoo ?

From your list of those to go, that are remaining I would like it to be Casemiro. Clearly he has skills and vision above the vast majority of footballers, but he's now old, slow, and quite often a liability.
Zirkzee - Striker who does his best work when he can drop into space and get on the ball. 6'4 but very technical. I imagine he will be backup to Holjund.

Yoro - Best centre back talent since Varane, very good at using his recovery pace to catch up to players, and is very good on the ball. I think he will be eased in after his injury, but long term we should expect him to be our best defender.

De Ligt - Big, strong centre back. Really good on the ball and very experienced for 24 year old.

Mazraoui - A natural right back, but very comfortable on the left. I suspect he might start as our left back this week. A modern day progressive fullback who likes to get on the ball and get forward.

I dont think Dalot could work in midfield. However, I think in the future, our young left back Harry Amass will end up in the middle.

Zirkzee - Striker who does his best work when he can drop into space and get on the ball. 6'4 but very technical. I imagine he will be backup to Holjund.

Yoro - Best centre back talent since Varane, very good at using his recovery pace to catch up to players, and is very good on the ball. I think he will be eased in after his injury, but long term we should expect him to be our best defender.

De Ligt - Big, strong centre back. Really good on the ball and very experienced for 24 year old.

Mazraoui - A natural right back, but very comfortable on the left. I suspect he might start as our left back this week. A modern day progressive fullback who likes to get on the ball and get forward.

I dont think Dalot could work in midfield. However, I think in the future, our young left back Harry Amass will end up in the middle.

Thank you for your reply. It is much more positive than I had imagined.

Di Light 24
Mazraoui 26

Seems like these two are old enough and good enough to start based upon your descriptions.

Zirkzee 23 - Just had a quick read about him. There seem to be differing opinions.

Yoro is only 18 which seems a bit too young for me to be a starting central defender - but you seem very positive on him.

Thank you for your reply. It is much more positive than I had imagined.

Di Light 24
Mazraoui 26

Seems like these two are old enough and good enough to start based upon your descriptions.

Zirkzee 23 - Just had a quick read about him. There seem to be differing opinions.

Yoro is only 18 which seems a bit too young for me to be a starting central defender - but you seem very positive on him.
The ages are particularly encouraging because these are players who are entering their best years with it all to prove still.

Yoro is an anomaly for his age. He featured in the Ligue 1 team of the season already at the age of 18, and its a big reason as to why all the major clubs Madrid, PSG, Liverpool etc were all after him.

CDM and especially midfield playmaker please. Shame that we aren’t linked with the latter.

I think after the Bayern pair we are still 4 signings away from a title challenging squad

2 midfielders and 2 goalscoring attackers

People think adding a striker is gonna magically solve our goalscoring problems. It wont.

Also, no team had 3 first team strikers fighting for one spot. Just not realistic.

CDM and especially midfield playmaker please. Shame that we aren’t linked with the latter.
You've got to think that if we've fixed the back line so that this season there isn't a chasm between defence and midfield and he still can't establish a role in the team then we can finally call it...

and subsidise loan deals where we pay his wages until he leaves on a free like so many others.

Rumour is Chelsea looking at Maguire, If we get 25-30M for him is it worth going back to Branthwaite OR it could be a overkill of 4 top class CD's ?

who could be your option to replace Maguire to add to the group of Delegit/Yoor/Lisandro

Rumour is Chelsea looking at Maguire, If we get 25-30M for him is it worth going back to Branthwaite OR it could be a overkill of 4 top class CD's ?

who could be your option to replace Maguire to add to the group of Delegit/Yoor/Lisandro
I would still want Branthwaite in the squad for future-proofing, along with Wharton. I would like us to get both ASAP if we could - Wharton especially.

In: De Jong + Berge and a LB, Out: McTominay, Lindelof and possibly Eriksen would be a dream.

if we can get
a dm
a lb
a loan temp striker (cause budget...) who gives a different option

and it'd be 10/10 window

People think adding a striker is gonna magically solve our goalscoring problems. It wont.

Also, no team had 3 first team strikers fighting for one spot. Just not realistic.
Having at least one top quality goal scorer in the team would solve our goalscoring problems. At the moment I would say that we have none.

Really hope we can get two midfielders with different profiles, so Ugarte/Berge/Fofana and someone who can make those forward passes but struggling to come up with names

Can’t see us bringing two in. It’ll be one of those names mentioned and I reckon that will be us. Maybe Amrabat on loan once more or for a reduced fee than what Fiorentina were initially looking for.

The additional midfielder that can play alongside a DM and alternate with Mainoo that I wouldn’t mind seeing brought in would be Matt O’Reilly from Celtic. He’s available at reasonable price of £22M-£25M. Then again like I said in the above paragraph, I reckon it’ll be one of those DM options you have mentioned and that will be us. Of course hoping to be proven wrong though.

Having at least one top quality goal scorer in the team would solve our goalscoring problems. At the moment I would say that we have none.
Not that simple sadly. Creating chances for our forwards is just a big a problem, rather than pure finishing/scoring from Hojlund and co. Put Haaland in there, I doubt he will thrive like he does at City either

We have spent over 100M on our two strikers. We have bought them within the last 12 months. We need to back them, not look for a shiny new toy

Shaw is injury-prone and Malacia is not more than okay player (also has been injured for so long) so it's possible we'll need 2 LBs next summer.

Can we sign Reguilon this summer? There have been rumours he's going to Barca but that hasn't materialised yet so maybe we can still get him.

----------------------------------NEW----------------------------------
--------------------------------Hojlund--------------------------------
Garnacho----------------------------------------------------Amad
Rashford---------------------------------------------------Zirkzee
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------Bruno-----------------------------------
--------------------------------Mount-----------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------NEW-------------Mainoo---------------------
----------------------Casemiro------------NEW----------------------
Shaw--------------------------------------------------------------Dalot
Mazroui-----------------------------------------------------------NEW
------------------------Martinez------de Ligt------------------------
----------------------------NEW----------Yoro--------------------------
----------------------------------Onana-----------------------------------
---------------------------------Bayindir----------------------------------
Zirkzee is not a right winger
Hojlund is to be backed up by zirkzee and sometimes partnered with him
Maz is primarily a RB not LB, though he can cover there at a push

In an ideal world, we manage to sell Sancho to PSG for £45-50m and McTominay to Fulham/Turkish club for £15-20m, as well as one of Hannibal/Eriksen for a small fee. Sign Ugarte for £40m, a CM (Berge? Danilo?) for £20m and a left back (Bradley Locko) for £10-15m and we're set for top 4.

In an ideal world, we manage to sell Sancho to PSG for £45-50m and McTominay to Fulham/Turkish club for £15-20m, as well as one of Hannibal/Eriksen for a small fee. Sign Ugarte for £40m, a CM (Berge? Danilo?) for £20m and a left back (Bradley Locko) for £10-15m and we're set for top 4.
If we speak in ideal terms, McTominay will go for £25-30m at least, Lindelof will move on as well. Think Ugarte/Sancho swap will be for even money, or we may even have to pay for a small net amount instead of the other way around. Getting another CM and LB cover may just be loans or free agent. I think this is as much Ineos could have done in their first window.

If we speak in ideal terms, McTominay will go for £25-30m at least, Lindelof will move on as well. Think Ugarte/Sancho swap will be for even money, or we may even have to pay for a small net amount instead of the other way around. Getting another CM and LB cover may just be loans or free agent. I think this is as much Ineos could have done in their first window.
if we can move Lindelof, McTominay and Hannibal/Eriksen for a combined 35m, a LB and CM is definitely possible.

I think after the Bayern pair we are still 4 signings away from a title challenging squad

2 midfielders and 2 goalscoring attackers
This season is going to be huge in determining our short-term timeline.

For me the following questions need to be answered:

1. Is Onana good enough, we have seen flashes of good and bad moments.
2. Will Martinez prove his freak injuries are behind him,
3. The left back situation. Whether its Shaw, Mazraoui or Amass, but we need a solution.
4. What type of player will Mainoo start to mold into? Is he capable of sharing the defensive responsibilities with a DM.
5. Will Garnacho or Holjund have breakthrough seasons. I think we are going to rely on at least one of these young fellas to become 25 goal/season players. Can they take a big step this year and add an extra 7-10 goals to their seasonal tally.

Depending on the outcome of some of these questions, we will know how far we are from seriously competing for a title.

This season is going to be huge in determining our short-term timeline.

For me the following questions need to be answered:

4. What type of player will Mainoo start to mold into? Is he capable of sharing the defensive responsibilities with a DM.

I hope we don't keep him on the bench so often.