What do we still need? Aka The never ending story

croadyman

So after the first week or so of the window I think it’s time to revisit this.
Tosin and Todibo are no go’s.
It’s looking like Branthwaite could happen at £55m+ add ons. Zirkzee at £34m release clause. We’ve then been best linked to Neves for the midfield and Kerkez as a left back option.
Williams doesn’t look likely at £60m plus high wages. Pino links are gone now. With Doue and Simons being the wide players most linked.
I think I could realistically see us signing 4 players initially, being Branthwaite, Kerkez, Neves if the money is there, Fofana or Hjulmand if not, and then Zirkzee. Then I could see us signing another cb if there are cb sales, maybe Anselmino or De ligt on loan. Then there’s the fact we obviously want a wide player in Doue or Simons on loan with an option to buy.
Would Branthwaite, Kerkez, Neves, Zirkzee, De ligt on loan, and Simons on loan to buy be enough to take us up a level?
Would be absolutely ecstatic with that window, however can't see Neves happening this summer. I also very much doubt Bayern are open to loaning us De Ligt either

Woziak

Would be absolutely ecstatic with that window, however can't see Neves happening this summer. I also very much doubt Bayern are open to loaning us De Ligt either
Again this is not happening let’s be Realistic , Everton want at least £65m for Branthwaite, Zirkzee Is more like £45m with ridiculous agent Fees, Bournemouth want £45m for kerkev and Jao Neves, maybe because Benfica need to sell, they may do it for £75m in this current market that’s a total of £230m

United are £1 billion in debt, couldn’t even do loan deals in winter window and are now relying on SJR charity to put money into the club for more shares. When journalists say £50m, the truth is probably £70-75m plus sales and we can’t sell our players right now, it’s why we are putting in lowball bids for multiple players to appease the fans as this is an upgrade on Monitoring FC from previous years.

Realistically Squad 24/25
Goalkeepers /
Onana, Bayinder, T Heaton
Defence / AWB, Dalot, Malacia, L Shaw, W Ksmbawla, L Martinez, H Maguire, J Evans, H Amass, New CB(35m)
Midfield /S Amrabat, K Mainoo, New DM(40m), S Mctominay, B Fernandez, M Mount, T Collyer
Attackers / R Hojlund, A Garnaucho, M Rashford, A Diallo, New CF(35m), Antony, E Wheatley

That’s three youth players promoted and 3 new players in providing we sell Greenwood, Lindelof and Casemiro,

That squad will struggle might get 4th or 5th in the PL might win a cup. not enough goals not enough creativity.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sooooo judging by the strongest rumors so far, that'd be:
  • Kerkez
  • Ugarte
  • De ligt
  • Zirkzee
Onana
Dalot de ligt Martinez Shaw
Ugarte Mainoo
Garnacho Bruno Rashford
Hojlund

Altay
Wan Bissaka Maguire ??? Kerkez
McTominay ???
Amad Mount Antony
Zirkzee
Not perfect, but miles better and a much better age profile and physical floor to that group. Need 2 midfield and 2 CB signings though, since the depth isn't there

Last edited:

Nonameisknown

Supports
United
  • Kerkez
  • Ugarte
  • De ligt
  • Zirkzee
Obama
Ugarte Mainoo
Garnacho Bruno Rashford
Hojlund

Altay
McTominay ???
Amad Mount Antony
Zirkzee
Not perfect, but miles better and a much better age profile and physical floor to that group. Need 2 midfield and 2 CB signings though, since the depth isn't there
We signed Obama's brother?

cpresc

I gotta say, im impressed with all the links so far, there’s some smart (potential) signings in the pipeline

Michael T

• Kerkez
  • Ugarte
  • De ligt
  • Zirkzee
Onana
Ugarte Mainoo
Garnacho Bruno Rashford
Hojlund

Altay
McTominay ???
Amad Mount Antony
Zirkzee
So, add Branthwaite & Neves to that list and we're good to go...
Pity we can't swap out Antony for Kvaratskhelia too!

Last edited:

bosnian_red

So, add Branthwaite & Neves to that list and we're good to go...
Pity we can't swap out Antony for Kvaratskhelia too!
Branthwaite I doubt would happen given his cost.. we'll get 1 starter and then a depth guy. De Ligt is that starter I'd guess.

Neves isn't happening this summer either, we don't have funds for 100m on him on top of everything else.

De Ligt, kerkez, zirkzee, Ugarte are all probably under 40m (kerkez the highest, but lower wages while de Ligt would have high wages). The 2nd midfielder and 2nd CB will both likely be cheaper signings or loans.

Michael T

Branthwaite I doubt would happen given his cost.. we'll get 1 starter and then a depth guy. De Ligt is that starter I'd guess.

Neves isn't happening this summer either, we don't have funds for 100m on him on top of everything else.

De Ligt, kerkez, zirkzee, Ugarte are all probably under 40m (kerkez the highest, but lower wages while de Ligt would have high wages). The 2nd midfielder and 2nd CB will both likely be cheaper signings or loans.
Yes, I was just dreaming. :)

jamesjimmybyrondean

• Kerkez
  • Ugarte
  • De ligt
  • Zirkzee
Onana
Ugarte Mainoo
Garnacho Bruno Rashford
Hojlund

Altay
McTominay ???
Amad Mount Antony
Zirkzee
That attack looks underwhelming. Wish we could get a more lethal striker

bosnian_red

That attack looks underwhelming. Wish we could get a more lethal striker
Gotta look at it in the lens of the team will be built around garnacho and Mainoo, while amad and Hojlund can develop more and have bigger roles. It's not gonna challenge for the title now, but it's building towards eventually doing that as those players have huge potential. We have tons of holes in the squad that need to be addressed just to be at solid ground, and that's what this is doing. Next summer we can build more for upgrading the attack or other positions, but for now we have to have a good squad and have a group that suits each other and what the manager wants from how we'll play. We need to raise the physical level of the squad and reduce the average age. This would do that and give us a very good chance at having a good season.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If Zirkzee deal falls through or he decides to join Milan, given our limited transfer budget a player we should look at is Haller. We definitely need a new striker to provide cover/competition for Hojlund, Haller has been replaced by Fullkrug in Dortmund’s first team and could probably be grabbed for cheap or loaned. Could even try to send Sancho the other way as makeweight in sort of a ‘swap loan’ deal.

Don’t think we can or should sign him outright given his age but as a stop gap signing for a season he could be good.

Highfather_24

Wouldnt mind snapping up Amrabat for midfield depth, and another CB on the cheap for cover. Otherwise De Ligt, Kerkez, Ugarte and Zirkzee is a decent window.

ShoePolish

Really feels like slim pickings this window.
Most players heavily linked now couldn't cut it at big clubs for some reason.
De Ligt seems to be on the injury prone side, and if we get him, will have played for Ajax, Juventus, Bayern and United while still being only 25.
Zirkzee was let go by Bayern, and comes off a first single decent(?) season, where he's scored 12 goals total. Weren't we after experienced striker? We'll be looking next summer for someone to cover for both Hojlund and Zirkzee.
Ugarte I've not seen much off, but didn't cut it at PSG. Can't be worse than Amrabat hopefully.
Bournemouth lad I only first heard off this summer after being linked to him, not sure how he's 45 mil player.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Gotta look at it in the lens of the team will be built around garnacho and Mainoo, while amad and Hojlund can develop more and have bigger roles. It's not gonna challenge for the title now, but it's building towards eventually doing that as those players have huge potential. We have tons of holes in the squad that need to be addressed just to be at solid ground, and that's what this is doing. Next summer we can build more for upgrading the attack or other positions, but for now we have to have a good squad and have a group that suits each other and what the manager wants from how we'll play. We need to raise the physical level of the squad and reduce the average age. This would do that and give us a very good chance at having a good season.
Yeah makes sense. And Hopefully the likes of Garnacho and Hojlund break the curse and we actually see some player development for once

mikeyt

I hope we don't get Branthwaite if the figures being quoted are correct.

Those four would be good signings and would definitely give us more depth. But for me it lacks any real star quality (which given our financial situation is probably going to have to be the case this summer given the number of gaps we have). I think these only happen if we shift Sancho, Greenwood and Casemiro, but if we can offload one or two more (Maguire and McT) perhaps, we could get one more in. If there is a way around the signing players from Nice issue, Todibo and Thuram would have to come into the equation.

croadyman

• Kerkez
  • Ugarte
  • De ligt
  • Zirkzee
Onana
Ugarte Mainoo
Garnacho Bruno Rashford
Hojlund

Altay
McTominay ???
Amad Mount Antony
Zirkzee
Who should we targeting as other midfield and CB signing then?

croadyman

I hope we don't get Branthwaite if the figures being quoted are correct.

Those four would be good signings and would definitely give us more depth. But for me it lacks any real star quality (which given our financial situation is probably going to have to be the case this summer given the number of gaps we have). I think these only happen if we shift Sancho, Greenwood and Casemiro, but if we can offload one or two more (Maguire and McT) perhaps, we could get one more in. If there is a way around the signing players from Nice issue, Todibo and Thuram would have to come into the equation.
I'm not bothered about star quality because let's face it our recent star names haven't pulled up any trees