Westminster Politics

And the Prime Minister forgot he was the Prime Minister and didn't stand up when the Speaker said Prime Minister. He doesn't look he can handle the Question Time at all.

Looking around I found a figure of around 8 million who have neither

Free but compulsory I'd cards would see. Logical (along with secure online voting options)

Do we still send NI cards to people just before their 16th birthday? Something similar could be worked out, without the problems of trying to put any and all sensitive data on a card that Blair's Government attempted.

All they fecking got is Jeremy Corbyn and it’s not even an answer and then you have Raab here acting like the Cnut he is.

All I can say is that Dominic Raab knows from experience what a wanker is.
Has he been reported.

Straight out of the trump playbook

Thanks for posting this, I wasn't aware at all.

It is disgusting that apart from a drivers license and passport, all the accepted forms of ID are only available to the over 60s.

No Young persons railcard and no student ID. The only groups this will stop from voting are young, poor and marginalised people. Utterly unbelievable that this is happening with so little media coverage.

I think I'll wait for Streeting to become Health Minister. Now dementia is to be treated as nothing more than a punchline, money will presumably be pumped into treating people whose memory is too good.
Members of the public who remember labour abstaining on welfare cuts

intro-1648556767.jpg

I'm jealous of confident people, I'm always worried about not being smart enough to voice my opinions on certain issues yet here we have a very confident but dumb person just out there in a top role in an albeit minor party spouting this kind of crap with no fear.
Just channel the confidence you have when making some of your threads

why not dolphins...if they can do minesweeping, im sure they can handle the north london derby. although better if its raining, lots.
Dolphins are far more intelligent than the average North Londoner and I wouldn't subject them to such an ordeal.

Jeremy Hunt says we're all going to be paying more tax.

Those who pay tax will be paying more as a result of the proposed freeze on thresholds to 2026.
But I very much doubt that they will go after the multinational organisations who successfully evade paying what they really should do resulting from their profits from UK trading.
Not the Tory way to expect that. Just clobber the easy ones.

Those who pay tax will be paying more as a result of the proposed freeze on thresholds to 2026.
But I very much doubt that they will go after the multinational organisations who successfully evade paying what they really should do resulting from their profits from UK trading.
Not the Tory way to expect that. Just clobber the easy ones.

"Never a lender nor a borrower be" ... the Government does both, so we all have to pay and dance to the tune of the money markets.

Nobody was arguing specifically about carrying ID, that was a straw man argument which took us away from the original point which was (to clarify again) that the government today issued the list of all forms of acceptable voter ID and pretty much all of them are skewed towards their own voter base. Why are various types of over 60's travel cards acceptable for instance but not student ID cards, under 60's oyster cards or young person's railcards?

Basically, if you are young and don't have a passport or driving licence you won't be able to vote. I'm not young but if I didn't have a passport, I wouldn't be able to vote either according to those rules so how many people do you think this might affect?

There has been talk of local councils giving out some kind of free ID to people who need them but as yet no money for such a scheme, no specifics and very little time left to implement it.
Why is a Citezencard not on there most under 24 year olds have one to get into pubs.