Westminster Politics

Watching American tv like Colbert and Trevor, I'm amazed at how all the focus is on Rishi being the first color prime minister and making it a celebration, absolutely leaving the fact that he openly said he took money from the poor to give to rich white people (Trevor even skipped through the hilarious end of Rishi's speech were he just stared blankly before walking off).

It's fascinating how Americans want to bring race to the forefront of every discussion and expect decisions to be made on it, I remember when Andrew Yang was running for president they did a segment asking Asian Americans if they would vote for him, why the f*ck should someone vote based on race?!

The reaction in the UK and US seem the opposite, the US left wing are celebrating this while the whole of UK seems annoyed it's another entitled rich Tory brat at the helm.

Interesting that Sunak's wife did not even bother turning up to the palace and also refused to travel with him to Downing Street.

Watching American tv like Colbert and Trevor, I'm amazed at how all the focus is on Rishi being the first color prime minister and making it a celebration, absolutely leaving the fact that he openly said he took money from the poor to give to rich white people (Trevor even skipped through the hilarious end of Rishi's speech were he just stared blankly before walking off).

It's fascinating how Americans want to bring race to the forefront of every discussion and expect decisions to be made on it, I remember when Andrew Yang was running for president they did a segment asking Asian Americans if they would vote for him, why the f*ck should someone vote based on race?!

The reaction in the UK and US seem the opposite, the US left wing are celebrating this while the whole of UK seems annoyed it's another entitled rich Tory brat at the helm.

What? don't tell me that he is the only PM that is an entitled rich Tory brat? or now the whole UK is annoyed because now, just now they had enough of entitled rich Tory brat but not just the 1 before?

As far as I see, UK as a whole has consistently voted entitled rich cnuts (Tory or not) throughout their history and also, most of the US left wing are celebrating this as a race issue and most of the UK right wing are annoyed this because he is not white

What? don't tell me that he is the only PM that is an entitled rich Tory brat? or now the whole UK is annoyed because now, just now they had enough of entitled rich Tory brat but not just the 1 before?

As far as I see, UK as a whole has consistently voted entitled rich cnuts (Tory or not) throughout their history and also, most of the US left wing are celebrating this as a race issue and most of the UK right wing are annoyed this because he is not white

Isn't the general feeling right now that the UK is done with the Tory party? If there is a GE held soon do you think the conservatives will win again? Stamer doesn't look great either mind.

Isn't the general feeling right now that the UK is done with the Tory party? If there is a GE held soon do you think the conservatives will win again? Stamer doesn't look great either mind.

I don't know the general feeling as the only temperature that I have is the Caf that is not precisely pro Tory. I have the nasty sensation that Tories hijacked UK politics and now is not a matter of Tories vs Labour but which tory is gonna rule because:

- Any labour leader had been truly inept to capitalize of the Tory feck ups or even differentiate from tories on Brexit.
- Northen labour seats up scotland had been phagocytated by SNP
- The reality show that the Tories organized doesn't leave space for anything else. 5 MPs in 6 years and no signal from Labour and no one rioting in the streets in UK for this shitshow. 12 years of tories

UK is tory and next elections they will vote tory i am mostly certain

Isn't he the richest politician of any Western country on the planet?

Is he your youngest Prime minister ever?
The speed of his rise to the top is quite staggering especially in politics anywhere in the world, he became an MP in 2015, and in 7 years he is head of the country.
For comparison Joe Biden's been in politics for nearly 50 years ,astounding indeed.
He's played his pieces well so far to climb the ladder to the top , he wont be as flamboyant as Boris Johnson or as error prone as Liz Truss, interesting to see what he'll bring to the table as seems to be super ambitious ,doubt he'll make silly mistakes.

The speed of his rise to the top is quite staggering especially in politics anywhere in the world, he became an MP in 2015, and in 7 years he is head of the country.
For comparison Joe Biden's been in politics for nearly 50 years ,astounding indeed.
He's played his pieces well so far to climb the ladder to the top , he wont be as flamboyant as Boris Johnson or as error prone as Liz Truss, interesting to see what he'll bring to the table as seems to be super ambitious ,doubt he'll make silly mistakes.
Youngest since Pitt the Younger in 1783 apparently, albeit only a year younger than both Cameron and Blair.

You have seen his cabinet, right?

He’s made one or two already.

Finally managed to watch his speech. It’s not bad but in terms of delivery, he really has no charisma or naturalness as a public speaker. All those pauses, they just seem there for the sake of it. Compare that to Obama who also uses pauses a lot for effect, and how different the impact of each pause feels. It’s not the right style for someone like Sunak.

Finally managed to watch his speech. It’s not bad but in terms of delivery, he really has no charisma or naturalness as a public speaker. All those pauses, they just seem there for the sake of it. Compare that to Obama who also uses pauses a lot for effect, and how different the impact of each pause feels. It’s not the right style for someone like Sunak.

Completely agree with you about this. Sunak speech delivery was so false and manufactured. Whereas Obama is one of the most natural speakers I have heard. He always seems to be completely in command and thinking ahead of the actual words he is saying.

Nothing natural about Sunak though.
Edit. Just full of meaningless soundbites.

You have seen his cabinet, right?
I think his first challenge would be to garner a broad based support within the Tory party, Boris being his only strong challenger, he has included some like Cleverly, Zahawi from the Boris camp into his ranks to quell any unrest within the party so he can focus on the bigger challenges of the economy .He doesn't seem to want to rock the boat too much atleast initially and hence seems to have gone for continuity. I might be wrong but I think the crisis with the Tories in the recent past has mostly been directly down to the top leadership Boris/Liz so it remains to be seen how those under the previous leadership fare in the new regime. But as I said its a tough environment to put your hat in, will have to wait and watch what he has in store with regards the economy especially, as that's what his strength is deemed to be

He's a complete and utter cnut.

It's farcical that someone worth hundreds of millions of pounds can lead a country in which the median salary is £26k. His wife had nondom status here, he has an empty house in Kensington that he leaves empty for when family and friends visit, and he's just reinstated Braverman to Home Secretary. It's more of the same shit.

Youngest since Pitt the Younger in 1783 apparently, albeit only a year younger than both Cameron and Blair.

So he should be well aware of the climate change crisis.
So why has he removed the Climate Change Minister from his Cabinet.

I actually laughed at a Trevor Noah joke on the Daily show about Sunik.

"Sunak being PM is great news for racists. For the first time in 400 years they actually CAN blame the countries problems on a Brown man"

A little crude I know, I normally don't find Noah very funny.

Hopefully her return will be the start of his decline. Shocking to have her back after she broke rules only a week ago and resigned.
This whole cabinet is made up of cnuts, its almost as of the last 5 Tory leaders are in competition to see who can be the biggest cnuts.

I actually laughed at a Trevor Noah joke on the Daily show about Sunik.

"Sunak being PM is great news for racists. For the first time in 400 years they actually CAN blame the countries problems on a Brown man"

A little crude I know, I normally don't find Noah very funny.

You're missing out

You're missing out

Granted, I have found him a lot funnier since Trump left office. He went through a long spell of his show just moaning and ranting about Trump. Trump was an Assh*le no doubt but it got boring just listening to 40 minutes of Trump on a nightly basis.