Westminster Politics

So if they have a coronation in Rishi, won’t that piss off the Tory membership?
i imagine a huge number of MP's are looking at the polls and their own seat margins and weighing up pissing off the country even further with BoJo vs pissing off people that will still vote for them.

The fact that Boris is even being considered as a suitable candidate tells you all you need to know about these cnuts.

State of these pricks. Can only imagine the promises being given behind closed doors. Zahawi is as dodgy as they come, what with his own HMRC investigation into his dodgy dealings - bet he'd love to walk back into the treasury and shut that down.

All the momentum was with Rishi and the 100 MPs stuff seemed like a lie so this is surprising…

Boris 2.0 :lol:

It's not impossible but the chances of Boris changing and becoming honest after a few moths out of office is just wishful thinking. Maybe he could fake it for a month or two but those habits will naturally return.

I think and hope Rishi will see this one through as I hope there are enough Tory MPs that simply don't trust him.

It's not impossible but the chances of Boris changing and becoming honest after a few moths out of office is just wishful thinking. Maybe he could fake it for a month or two but those habits will naturally return.

I think and hope Rishi will see this one through as I hope there are enough Tory MPs that simply don't trust him.

When I was chancellor. How long was he actually chancellor for...

The MPs backing Boris having told him to resign are worse than he is.
These guys are charlatans.

It's the butterfly effect.

Zahawi just wants his job back as Chancellor.

They definitely struck a deal. They’re talking about there being no deal between them and by coincidence in the same breath talking about the privilege committee being able to continue their investigation. These people are so fecking transparent.

They definitely struck a deal. They’re talking about there being no deal between them and by coincidence in the same breath talking about the privilege committee being able to continue their investigation. These people are so fecking transparent.

i thought BoJo might've tried to get some kind of deal from Rishi....this mornings tweets now make me start to believe he actually went to try and get Rishi to pull out. :lol:

I feel like we are giving him WAAAAAYYYYYY to much credit. He's a fecking nut case.

All the momentum was with Rishi and the 100 MPs stuff seemed like a lie so this is surprising…

Boris and his pack of hyenas always say they've apologized when they know they haven't. They probably do it so little in life that they think it's the ultimate form of self sacrifice, so even almost doing it is a big deal. Like a teenager half-cleaning their untidy room.

i thought BoJo might've tried to get some kind of deal from Rishi....this mornings tweets now make me start to believe he actually went to try and get Rishi to pull out. :lol:

I feel live we are giving him WAAAAAYYYYYY to much credit. He's a fecking nut case.
The Mail are reporting he went there to offer him chancellor but insist he must remain loyal…him having the votes is either the shortest bluff in history…or he does have the votes :lol:

UK government is in a mess. The only solution that benefits the public is a general election. How can Boris even be allowed to stand as Prime Minister again after all the things that he’s done before. It’s quite extraordinary how much the general public put up with. Most other countries would have riots by now with the shambles being created in parliament.

UK government is in a mess. The only solution that benefits the public is a general election. How can Boris even be allowed to stand as Prime Minister again after all the things that he’s done before. It’s quite extraordinary how much the general public put up with. Most other countries would have riots by now with the shambles being created in parliament.
We took the piss out of Italy when Berlusconi came back. Well, the press reported it and we reacted. With Boris the press have been strangely different in their approach...

Can’t imagine Boris even getting a cabinet post let alone being PM whilst that inquiry is going on. Actually, the lying so & so shouldn’t even be allowed near any form of political position.

I think Bojo wants the meeting to suggest "Rishi leads the country to an election and then I come back in opposition"

Rishi, like all politicans, probably dreams of a comeback win under his leadership, BoJo knows he can wait out the investigation and then purge the non-believers in opposition.
And probably to point out to rishi that he and his backers will be pointing out that only boris has a mandate from the people and there needs to be a ge asap

Does Johnson even have 30 people who hate rishi enough to vote with Labour to force a ge?

I bet he's not far off to be honest

And probably to point out to rishi that he and his backers will be pointing out that only boris has a mandate from the people and there needs to be a ge asap

Does Johnson even have 30 people who hate rishi enough to vote with Labour to force a ge?

Do you reckon if Boris was PM there would be enough who hate BJ enough to vote for a GE?

It's like asking are Tory MPs worried about losing their largely racist constituencies that would not stand for a brown face being their leader?

This is the UK version of the Republican party and Trump sitcom. Probably not as many Christian/gay/abortion jokes but same plotlines.

The Conservative Party faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with Boris, or chaos with Rishi Sunak

The Conservative Party faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with Boris, or chaos with Rishi Sunak

no joke, i'm seeing a version of this today.

"We can't go to a GE no matter whom we choose because Starmer will cause Chaos in Britain" :lol: :lol:

When it was looking good for him at the start of the last leadership race, I said there isn’t a hope the Tory’s vote for him as a lot of them would see him as a ****, as a lot of them are racist, even though stevie wonder could see he was the best of a bad lot for the job.

I'm not convinced by this. Political ideology is more important to them. Kemi Badenoch was polling among the members as beating all the other candidates in a head to head at the start of the last leadership race. She's a libertarian culture warrior. Rishi is seen as a managerial technocrat who is too happy to tax and spend. A lot of the members seem to actually be angry about furlough believe it or not. I've no doubt that if he'd run on Truss's manifesto in the last election and her his then Rishi would've won the vote among the members.

I'm not convinced by this. Political ideology is more important to them. Kemi Badenoch was polling among the members as beating all the other candidates in a head to head at the start of the last leadership race. She's a libertarian culture warrior. Rishi is seen as a managerial technocrat who is too happy to tax and spend. A lot of the members seem to actually be angry about furlough believe it or not. I've no doubt that if he'd run on Truss's manifesto in the last election and her his then Rishi would've won the vote among the members.
I fear for the day Badenoch gets in power. She’s evil.