Westminster Politics

The worst lesson to take from this is that Labour need to sit back and await the inevitable election victory.

Correct...Labour can reduce the tory majority with a big swing in England, but to win power and some sort of working majority, it needs to gain more seats in Scotland. Labour seems to be sticking its head in the sand over the SNP, but Keir needs to realise they are not going away, the SNP may have some left leaning policies but they don't really want to help Labour, or any party that opposes their independence aims.

Has to be on a constant speedball cocktail. Would explain her dry anal kink too.

I’d confidently bet money that the BBC has had representatives of this think tank on various political shows as “industry experts”.

I'm sure they have. I suspect this is indicative of a shift in the political climate. The BBC would have been afraid to talk about them just 6 months ago.

Great to see Tories sticking to their principles of lower taxes for the rich, even in the face of intense wealth destruction and a crashing pound, and a market that laughed in the face of the Bank of England's reassurances.

Most politicians won't destroy their career and wound the economy just to please their ultra-wealthy masters. Truss has great courage to harm herself and 99.9% of their countrymen just to please those who have hoarded so much wealth that most of it won't be used for any purpose at all.

These oligarchs won't even notice the extra cash, and yet she will cause lasting damage to an entire country to bump those numbers a little. Bless.

A gift for Starmer in a way this one, he can act decisively by immediately withdrawing the whip, and when questioned contrast that to all the times the Tories have done feck-all about appalling behaviour from their own members. People like a strong leader, rightly or wrongly, it's more an opportunity for him than a problem.

Why is she not wrong?
He doesn't strike me as someone who's truly representative of black British. Same as Shaun Bailey, same as Priti patel for British Asians. It's a dangerous line, because what is and isn't black? However I don't feel he's for black people, or black interests if I'm honest.

He doesn't strike me as someone who's truly representative of black British. Same as Shaun Bailey, same as Priti patel for British Asians. It's a dangerous line, because what is and isn't black? However I don't feel he's for black people, or black interests if I'm honest.

His personal views have absolutely no bearing on what his ethnic background is. The whole not really black/selling out your race/coconut trope is unquestionably racist.

What does it really mean though? I'm not saying you personally believe in these things.

But what's the underlying meaning behind it? Would he be more representative of black British people if he was poor? Spoke with an accent? That always is the underlying meaning behind these kinds of comments.

He's not for black interests and Patel isn't for Asian interests. Then again, Cameron and May and Johnson and Truss aren't for 'white interests' and nor should they be. Their job is to represent the country. They obviously do a terrible job of doing that but what they do all have in common is they represent rich interests. Black people and brown people can also do that and can also be well educated and can also be cnuts towards poor people.

I just find these kinds of comments from Huq quite offensive. If he turned up to Parliament wearing a kente cloth and eating joloff rice, would he be a real black person?

Also I despair at this party and the absolute dregs we're now left with and the absolute destruction they're wreaking on the country and it's most vulnerable.

His personal views have absolutely no bearing on what his ethnic background is. The whole not really black/selling out your race/coconut trope is unquestionably racist.
Does it not?
What does it really mean though? I'm not saying you personally believe in these things.

But what's the underlying meaning behind it? Would he be more representative of black British people if he was poor? Spoke with an accent? That always is the underlying meaning behind these kinds of comments.

He's not for black interests and Patel isn't for Asian interests. Then again, Cameron and May and Johnson and Truss aren't for 'white interests' and nor should they be. Their job is to represent the country. They obviously do a terrible job of doing that but what they do all have in common is they represent rich interests. Black people and brown people can also do that and can also be well educated and can also be cnuts towards poor people.

I just find these kinds of comments from Huq quite offensive. If he turned up to Parliament wearing a kente cloth and eating joloff rice, would he be a real black person?
Tbf I agree with that on a whole. The underlying meaning, generally, behind those kind of comments is exactly what you mentioned and is problematic. Some black people haven't wised up to the fact that simply being well spoken for example, doesn't make someone less black.

However, you say their job is to represent the country, and to an extent you're right. However Liz truss has supposedly assembled the most diverse cabinet in history for a reason, and you'd imagine those minorities should feel better represented in parliament. I certainly don't. Race and gender will always be a talking point of this cabinet because of it IMO.

I went to Uni with someone the same. Remarkably dim and never wrong. He’s got a YouTube channel now and has like 80 hour long videos he’s posted trying to be the next Joe Rogan and each one gets like 8 views.

She knew nothing about her previous jobs, diplomacy , trade, economics that I know and I hear that she was poor at education and environmental issues.
Has she ever been right about anything?

Yet she became PM, somehow.

It’s a system that favours, rewards and benefits people who very high are on the psychopathy and sociopath spectrum.

It’s one of the elephants in the room of modern politics and an issue that creates an ever increasing gulf between the thinking of people who excel in modern politics and the general public.

People who excel in the current political model are the people LEAST suitable to making decisions for the benefit of a Nation.

Does it not?

Tbf I agree with that on a whole. The underlying meaning, generally, behind those kind of comments is exactly what you mentioned and is problematic. Some black people haven't wised up to the fact that simply being well spoken for example, doesn't make someone less black.

However, you say their job is to represent the country, and to an extent you're right. However Liz truss has supposedly assembled the most diverse cabinet in history for a reason, and you'd imagine those minorities should feel better represented in parliament. I certainly don't. Race and gender will always be a talking point of this cabinet because of it IMO.
For the bolded - can you explain what you mean there? I just can't figure out what you're expressing. Is it a comment on what Huq is doing here?

For the bolded - can you explain what you mean there? I just can't figure out what you're expressing. Is it a comment on what Huq is doing here?
Some people within the black community, believe having certain traits and behaviours makes you less black.

Pretty certain its the same in other ethnic minorities in the UK too.

Either you've quoted me and are still in college, university or high school. I'm not sure. Labour did nothing but crush the country, just like the tories are currently doing. I don't understand the love for them. They are exactly the same.

They look after number one.

Either you've quoted me and are still in college, university or high school. I'm not sure. Labour did nothing but crush the country, just like the tories are currently doing. I don't understand the love for them. They are exactly the same.

They look after number one.

Nah, Labour never fecked the country this bad mate.

That’s a complete fiction, and a dangerous one.

I live in a Labour town, and it's fecked.

Feck Labour. Feck tories. We need a reset.
Probably because the Tories have been directing all the money to Tory constituencies for the last decade.

Probably because the Tories have been directing all the money to Tory constituencies for the last decade.
Went downhill well before that. The money is going somewhere, it sure as shit isn't here.

My fixed mortgage deal ends at the end of April ‘23. Looks like I’m going to be looking at 6-7% interest rate :(