Weird feelings of football

Manchester City.

Nah. The club sure but the team/players are at worst boring, and even that is mostly because they win most of their games easily and I don't really care if they do or not anyway.

I used to hate that Arsenal side with a passion. I'd actively support anyone they were playing against. Only time I'm remotely invested in City is when I want them to stop Liverpool winning the league, and that's just purely because Liverpool fans would be much more annoying than City fans on account of the fact they actually have any.

The last genuinely evil teams were Chelsea/Liverpool during their pro racially abusing opponents phases.

Nah. The club sure but the team/players are at worst boring, and even that is mostly because they win most of their games easily and I don't really care if they do or not anyway.

I used to hate that Arsenal side with a passion. I'd actively support anyone they were playing against. Only time I'm remotely invested in City is when I want them to stop Liverpool winning the league, and that's just purely because Liverpool fans would be much more annoying than City fans on account of the fact they actually have any.

The last genuinely evil teams were Chelsea/Liverpool during their pro racially abusing opponents phases.
Nah. I disagree. I genuinely hate City because they’re a force for evil. They represent sportswashing. They have an unfortunately sizeable support amongst the youth, and are our City rivals.

Nah. I disagree. I genuinely hate City because they’re a force for evil. They represent sportswashing. They have an unfortunately sizeable support amongst the youth, and are our City rivals.

Yes but that is the club. Not the players/team.

Nearly every player in that Arsenal team was a despicable cheating git. What have City got? A goalkeeper with an irritatingly stupid tattoo, a midfielder who moans about part of his job as a footballer being to play football a lot. That's about it. Nowhere near enough to invest me into actively wanting them to lose.

Also the ownership thing has killed the rivalry a bit for me. Its just made them too artificial. They win the treble and it gets them a half hearted pat on the back from a few pundits.

When a player has a serious injury I expect them to look all unkempt and dishelved, they look amazing. But they're injured and shouldn't be able to get off the couch right?

Yes but that is the club. Not the players/team.

Nearly every player in that Arsenal team was a despicable cheating git. What have City got? A goalkeeper with an irritatingly stupid tattoo, a midfielder who moans about part of his job as a footballer being to play football a lot. That's about it. Nowhere near enough to invest me into actively wanting them to lose.

Also the ownership thing has killed the rivalry a bit for me. Its just made them too artificial. They win the treble and it gets them a half hearted pat on the back from a few pundits.
Maybe you have just outgrown the tribalism that enabled you to vilify players of other clubs. Not to say there haven't truly been huge scumbags, but probably your threshold for that label were lower in the past.

Every (male) footballer seems to have a girlfriend, fiancée, or wife.
I get where you're coming from though it probably isn't hard to see why. They are young men in great shape and usually on good salaries (until you get down to semi-pro level). Moreover, they'll have access to parties where meeting women is a piece of piss.

The percentage of gay, bi and other sexualities is probably more than a few per cent but coming out still isn't something male players will do. I think many non-hetero players will often leave the game at youth level due to there not really being a place for them to feel comfortable in the men's game.

Maybe you have just outgrown the tribalism that enabled you to vilify players of other clubs. Not to say there haven't truly been huge scumbags, but probably your threshold for that label were lower in the past.

I think its just more common place now. Back then Arsenal stood out because every one of their players would dive, sometimes ridiculously. Or do stuff like get "injured" on the touchline then conveniently roll back onto the pitch. Winger would bang on about conspiracies against them.

Now, this is just standard behaviour from almost every player at every team. The threshold for being a stabdout scumbag has gone up considerably. It's somewhere around racially abusing opponents/biting people now.

Also United are shite so City are really a non factor for me. I just don't see them as a real rival anymore. Liverpool still irritate me whenever they do well but City it's a bit like trying to be annoyed at your kid beating you at bowling when you're crap at it and they were allowed to put the barriers up for their turn