Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wanted him to go for a while, but before all the transfer malarky he was one of my favorite players. I preferred him to Ronaldo for a while too.

Even though it's a good thing he's leaving, does feel a little sad that his time is now at an end. Many good memories.

He's had a great career and didn't waste his potential as some have suggested. He was probably the world's third-best player in 2010 and, given he was never as freakishly gifted as Messi or Ronaldo, that's some achievement.

But his lack of conditioning appears to have curtailed his career at the top level. He should still be at least a good Premier League player, but he's miles from that now. When you look at his physique, it's hard to argue he's looked after himself like, say, a Ronaldo or a Beckham. And given he was earning £300k a week at United, he should at least have kept himself in tip-top shape.

So thanks for all the goals Wayne, but you've only got yourself to blame for the way it's ended.
Can't really blame him for his legs going. Think that's a bigger issue than any lack of conditioning.

He's just finishing his fag outside then it's on with the medical.

Fingers crossed.

Don't care what anybody says theres always a twinge of sadness when a player who's represented us for so long leaves especially one who's brought so much success and magical moments down the years

Glad this day has come.

pass your medical Wayne...
enjoy a fesh start
play a few good games, especially against Liverpool.

Not a legend but certainly a great player for the club in his day.
forgot about the medical- hopefully he's laid off the fags and booze this week

what a fantastic player though - thanks for the memories Wazza

Both Rooney and United have needed a break from one another for years. Its good its finally happening. Maybe at his boyhood club, with less pressure to win on his shoulders, Rooney might find himself again? Whatever happens it was clear that his luck was not going to change at United. Its best for everyone that he goes. Its gotten to the point where people are forgetting the good he did because of the way he's played in the last few years.

Noooo. Wanted him to retire with us.
Hopefully he'd get mmore respect there than he did here with us.

If he plays for them like he has done for us these past 3 years I don't think he will.

I'll be glad when it's official, so I can go back to remembering him fondly for the years of excellent service and moments of pure magic without my perspective being blurred by his current performances.

some people in here are embarrassing. i wish rooney all the best what he has achieved for and with us is incredible. hope he has a good time at everton and can revitalize his carrier one last time.

I'm sure he'll improve dramatically with the change of scenery.

Good luck to him.

We all move on.

Don't care what anybody says theres always a twinge of sadness when a player who's represented us for so long leaves especially one who's brought so much success and magical moments down the years

This. I want him to leave and for us to build without him but it still feels sad to me to see him leave. For all his antics he's done so much for this club

Glad this day has come.

pass your medical Wayne...
enjoy a fesh start
play a few good games, especially against Liverpool.

Not a legend but certainly a great player for the club in his day.

No white text? Surely baiting, but I'll snag.

The only conceivable reason to think such a thing is if you started following United after Sir Alex retired or you are biased by not liking him for his transfer requests.

He is a club legend. There is no opinion about it. It's indisputable fact considering he is the Clubs all-time goal scorer, not even considering the mountain of success we had as a team with him at the core.

As much as I want him to go I can't deny there's a bit of sadness in my heart. Good luck to him

He was a top player when he played well! He's finished as United's top goalscorer and England's top goalscorer, and that's no small achievement. I think he played well until around 2012.

Thanks for the fantastic years Wayne. It's the end of an era, and it'll allow United to move into the new one.

When I think about Manchester United in recent years, Rooney was/is the first person that comes to mind despite his poor form in recent time. Thanks for all the great goals and contribution over the years and Yeah that wonder goal against man city. Hope you do well at Everton but make sure not to score against us :) This is emotional. You're a legend for the club.

He's a Manchester United legend. Sad to see him go but it should've been done two years ago. All the best to him!

The fact that even at this stage United are having to pay a part of his contract sums up Rooney post 2012 for me , great player at his peak but an absolute liability for a long time. That new contract is one of the worst financial decisions Woodward has ever taken

Sad to see him go - hope he can find a bit of form at Everton.

I hope, even if we are paying some of his wages, it is in the form of those add ons we agreed to with Everton.
Not really sure, but he must be off our wage bill. With limited allowance on wage bill increase per season, Rooney of the bill could allow us to have more stability.

So far I'm very happy with the way Mourinho is managing the club. 4 of his 6 signings are young talented players, who will play for us in the peak of their football and the 5th (Mikhi) came relatively cheap, considering he was the league's player of the season. On top he managed to faze out long overdue Rooney.

Surprised at how sad I feel now that he's actually leaving. Absolute legend for the club and will be recognised as such in a few years by more people once nostalgia kicks in and we begin to forget his last few years with us.

I wish him nothing but the best at Everton, hope he has a banging end to a spectacular career.

A vital part of our club in arguably its most dominant period.

I hope he leaves with a bit of respect from here. Players like him having this impact at our club don't happen often.

Love u Wayne :(

Like others have said it's aways sad when a long serving player leaves.

Really think he should have gone America though. He just doesn't have the legs for Premiership football. Playing for a club who don't challenge for anything will only lessen his motivation.

Guaranteed he'll have a blinder of a season. Would be Sod's law!

He was a top player when he played well! He's finished as United's top goalscorer and England's top goalscorer, and that's no small achievement. I think he played well until around 2012.

Thanks for the fantastic years Wayne. It's the end of an era, and it'll allow United to move into the new one.

2012 was 5 years ago. Fergie knew he was on decline, shame he didnt manage to sell him to Chelsea

When I think about Manchester United in recent years, Rooney was/is the first person that comes to mind despite his poor form in recent time. Thanks for all the great goals and contribution over the years and Yeah that wonder goal against man city. Hope you do well at Everton but make sure not to score against us :) This is emotional. You're a legend for the club.
He has been a great player for us. Top all time goal scorer for club and country. The trophies he's won at the club, including the part he played in us winning those trophies should never be forgotten.

This is why I want him to go. So that I can remember the player he has been for us rather than seeing his decline continue.

Those of us old enough to watch the last fights of Mohamed Ali were sitting there thinking please just retire.

I can already sense the meltdown when he scores against us next season.

On the other side, he can always pull a Phil Neville and score some own goals instead.

19944474_1571912122827000_3055207460194482016_o.jpg

It is actually quite sad, but I guess this is actually a really special moment for him and it's good that he found something like this after us.

Status
Not open for further replies.