Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
His level declined way earlier than it should have, but a club legend nonetheless. Best luck to the lad!

Probably my favourite United goal... 06-07.. what a season that was.

I was there that day. It was the first United game I had gone to in about 4 years but we were incredible that day. Rooney and Ronaldo were just unplayable and that goal was just superb.

Until the last couple of years I never had a problem with Wayne. I can't feel anything but glad he's going though, which is a shame as I thought I'd be a bit sad when it actually happened.

No white text? Surely baiting, but I'll snag.

The only conceivable reason to think such a thing is if you started following United after Sir Alex retired or you are biased by not liking him for his transfer requests.

He is a club legend. There is no opinion about it. It's indisputable fact considering he is the Clubs all-time goal scorer, not even considering the mountain of success we had as a team with him at the core.

They say he's a legend. :lol::lol::lol:

Loved him, hated him, ambivalent to him. Will be odd seeing him in another shirt again but not sad to see him go.

A superb team player. Hope he has little resurgance with no pressure and deliver whereever he's put on the pitch.

Maybe I'm just a romantic but now that it's actually happening, it feels sadder than I expected. Last few years have been incredibly frustrating but I'm happy he was able to get the record and finish off his trophy haul this season while not kicking up too much fuss. Glad he's able to end it like he wants and we get to move on to a new era.

He's shite now and he needs to go but it suddenly feels really sad.

He's been great over the years, all the best Wayne.

Rooney is one of my favourite United players ever. He's such a huge player for the club and it's a void that needs to be filled quickly with a new talisman.
Hopefully he has a great season and gets to go with England as a starter somehow, he always seems to care about the England team.

I think Mourinho deserves a lot of credit for the way this has all been handled. Seemingly lowering his playing time last season while keeping him happy and now getting rid of him without much friction or bad feeling. He will be remembered very highly Rooney in years to come but i'm sure plenty of fans will be relieved we can now upgrade out strike force without him as an option.

He's not actually stopping at Finch Farm - it's just that his brakes failed after leaving the drive-through.

Rooney is the last man standing from the Rooney and Ronaldo era. Take out Carrick and we have zero connection to the prime, one of the prime, Fergie eras. It's sad and nostalgic. Life goes on and while we'll always, always have the memories...we have to take a pause and really appreciate all the good Wayne did and was part of. Club legend 100 percent. Like Roy Keane, has his warts and receding hairline, but he made is proud more times than not.
Did I read RAWK or what? It's Pool stuff this..

New era, new manager..

Why the feck would we fund his wages? We might as well keep him as a bench option if we are still paying him.

Why on earth would you want him on the bench?

He's had many outstanding years for us, he deserves all the respect in the world. Best of luck at Everton, perhaps he can regain some form there.

Well said. I hope Koeman can get something out of him again. He's achieved a lot in the game and deserves to go out on a good note.

Right time for him to leave. Although his form over that last few seasons maybe didn't justify his position here at times, he still really deserved to be our all time top scorer. Delighted he got there.

Only felt real watching him pull into Everton's training ground - it still caught me a little to think this fella is actually leaving us :(

Thanks for the memories Roo. Brilliant servant to the club overall. Legend by all accounts. Hope you have fun and find form back at Everton

Jesus H. Rooney, my dog's funeral wasn't as maudlin as this crap.

Glad this day has come.

pass your medical Wayne...
enjoy a fesh start
play a few good games, especially against Liverpool.

Not a legend but certainly a great player for the club in his day.

Not a club legend? Come on mate...

I was there for that match and couldn't believe what we had signed. It's been a roller coaster since but he has been a good servant of the club and a true legend.

What's the point in taking up a spot on the bench with a crap player?
Why on earth would you want him on the bench?

He might not be good enough these days, but if we are still paying his wages he'd be useful to the younger players in the team with his experience and influence in the dressing room. Plus, an injury to one of Lukaku or Rashford and we are short in the striking department. I just don't agree with the notion of paying someone to play for someone else. Either way, I think it's bollocks - we won't be paying his wages.

Sad to see him go, but did not want him to tarnish his legacy anymore here, absolute legend of a playerfor me and do not care about any of his money demands or tabloid crap

A long decline, that started with his injury in the semi-final against Bayern in 2010 and went into freefall the past 3 years or so. Doesn't look able at the top level anymore. Hope I'm wrong and he has an Indian summer for Everton, but somehow I doubt it.

I hope we put a % sell on clause for when he inevitably goes to China or the US for millions.

Bye Wayne. A total legend for the club and history will judge you as such.

We really always will remember the name.

Haha. Look at the supposed United fans mocking other United fans for being appreciative for the services of a legend who now departs after what can effectively be termed as an era. Started watching football because of his aggressive and wonderful performances, was my favorite player even when Ronaldo was here and was playing at his peak. So yeah, IT IS sort of sad for me, personally, and for some others. Bye Wazza. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.