Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was absolutely terrible for the last 3 or 4 years and what made it worse was that it wasn't until Jose became boss that anyone had the balls to drop him and we still had the media telling us he was World Class.

After he's gone and things settle down the last few years I'm sure will be forgotten and the Rooney of 2004 to 2012ish will be the one remembered. He was a fecking special player.

I wasn't his biggest fan after 2010 but I can't deny what a ridiculous player he was at his best.

Should of got rid 3 years ago. He has been symptomatic of the club's decline post Fergie. Mourinho has played a blinder in phasing him out completely in the space of one season. Chuff to bits it looks like he's finally gone.

I wanted Rooney gone for so long, now its sad to see him go!
Same . It's a strange feeling.

Good news for the progression of the team, but still sad to see him go.

Do not fail the medical, do not fail the medical, come on everyone chant chant chant .

Noooo. Wanted him to retire with us.
Hopefully he'd get mmore respect there than he did here with us.

559 games, 253 goals. 5 league titles, 1 Champions League, 1 Europa League, 4 national cup titles.

What a career at United. Too bad the last couple of years were horrid, but in the end, he should be remembered as a club legend.

559 games, 253 goals. 5 league titles, 1 Champions League, 1 Europa League, 4 national cup titles.

What a career at United. Too bad the last couple of years were horrid, but in the end, he should be remembered as a club legend.

All players who last so long at one club will have some seasons that are a pale comparison of their best. Rooney's best seasons set a very high benchmark, so there's no shame in falling off that.
100% obviously the right time to go though, just hope Everton fans don't set ridiculous expectations.

This is actually really surreal for me. He's been such a huge player over the years, and almost in the click of a finger became a nothing player. His decline was staggering. It's going to be weird seeing him back in an Everton shirt, that's for sure. Best of luck Wayne!

Bye Wayne.

Thanks for the glory years till 2012.

Good riddance to the rest of it.

So is this a permanent move then...? In that case we won't be paying his wages. That can only happen with a loan.

He's had a great career and didn't waste his potential as some have suggested. He was probably the world's third-best player in 2010 and, given he was never as freakishly gifted as Messi or Ronaldo, that's some achievement.

But his lack of conditioning appears to have curtailed his career at the top level. He should still be at least a good Premier League player, but he's miles from that now. When you look at his physique, it's hard to argue he's looked after himself like, say, a Ronaldo or a Beckham. And given he was earning £300k a week at United, he should at least have kept himself in tip-top shape.

So thanks for all the goals Wayne, but you've only got yourself to blame for the way it's ended.

This, exactly.

Whilst we can complain about his issues with fitness, holding the clubs to ransom etc, we can't forget the fantastic achievements he and United had during his time with us. It says something that he didn't reach his potential but is still the all time top scorer for United and England.

While I'm glad we are moving on I think some people need to remember the great contributions he has made during his time at the club.

I know he should leave and he has no place in the squad any more, but it's so hard to not think about him as a Man United man. It's gonna feel weird to not see him in the squad any more.

Thanks for everything Wayne.

Relieved to finally see him go. Thanks for the memories.

This is like when an old dog is sent to "live on a farm" :D
FFS, my mum must've lied when my beloved Truffles McDougall the Magic Cat kicked the bastid bucket. :(

Can happen with a perm too if the "selling" club agrees to it.
With us still contributing to his wages, we surely aren't allowing him to play against us in games between the two clubs?

Or did we actually insist he starts?

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.