Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he will feel he has anything to prove and will motivate himself to get off his arse and sort himself out.

Until 5 days ago everybody and their dogs wanted him out, now everybody feels sad that he is off. Funny.

I don't think they are contradictory, he has been an amazing player the club but he's regressed as a player. Lets not forget during his good years we were very successful and people are choosing to remember that whilst acknowledging the last few years have not been good enough.

19944474_1571912122827000_3055207460194482016_o.jpg

R.I.P.

Have a feeling he will regain some semblance of form in his final years. Good luck to him, thanks for all the goals

I remember how exciting it was when he signed. I was at a Spanish airport when I heard Newcastle had bid £20m during that whole saga in 2004, which always sticks in my mind because I was annoyed thinking he was going there.

One of my favourite players growing up. All the best to him at Everton for every game they play bar us.

Yep. He was done here... but what a player we had. Brilliant memories.. and thats all you can ask for.

I just feel so nostalgic. The goal against City just, just keeps coming back to my mind. I hope he receives an even more rapturous welcome than what Ronaldo got. (Real team sheet was announced after United's that night) (I just remembered, he started on the bench that day) (Also, screw that Turkish ref)

Will miss the player, the aura and what he represented.

The No. 10!

Probably my favourite United goal... 06-07.. what a season that was.

I can't say I am sad to be honest. He's been a superb servant for the club and is definitely a club legend. But this move has been overdue. I wish him the best and hope he finds a way to reignite his career at Everton, which is a good club.

So glad he is finally leaving, I wish United had sold him back in 2013 when Moyes took charge.

Thanks for some wonderful memories though, especially that Penalty against Arsenal at 49 Not Out.

Very sad to see him go, Amazing player back in his prime. Too bad he declined massively over the last 2 years, I would've loved to see him retire at United.

Despite all his accomplishments with us I can't help feeling he under achieved still better than most though. Best wishes to him.

I wonder if he will feel he has anything to prove and will motivate himself to get off his arse and sort himself out.

More than likely will have his best season for a few years but whatever happens he's on the decline and we were paying him far too much to sit on the bench here. Seems he's training early this year anyway. He'd gotten complacent here no doubt about it

It's been such a long time that I can't remember a time when Wayne Rooney wasn't the face of the football club. He has epitomised everything about us, and was such an important signing for us 13 years ago. Wonderful player to watch in his younger years and developed into one of the best players the country has ever had and he fully deserves his records. He obviously hasn't been the force of nature that he was in his earlier years the last 5 seasons, but it happens to every footballer eventually, however I've never felt that he didn't give 100% out there on the pitch for us. It's been a bit sad to watch him recently, as he has been a shadow of his former self and the writing has been on the wall for a while now, but it shouldn't take away from what he achieved here.

His time has come, but apart from the unsavoury transfer requests, he has been an absolute star for us. Huge thanks to him for all the great memories and wonderful goals, best of luck to him in the future.

With us still contributing to his wages, we surely aren't allowing him to play against us in games between the two clubs?

Or did we actually insist he starts?

:p
Think we'll be better off if he starts in all games against us.

I'm actually a bit worried for him that he'll stink things up at Everton and end the season there on the bench. He has nothing left to prove, he could just hang up his boots and enjoy life. Fingers crossed he can rediscover some form.

He's had many outstanding years for us, he deserves all the respect in the world. Best of luck at Everton, perhaps he can regain some form there.

I predict he'll start brightly the first weeks the trail off again.

Like I've said before, i have wanted him to go for the past two seasons. Before that i assumed he was out of form and just needed a better manager, but now hes gone i just feel :(. What a legend.

I have a framed signed Rooney shirt in my loft that i always thought wasnt worth putting up as he was so terrible now, but now may be the time i think to bring it down and hang it up next to another united legend, big pete :)

To be honest right now I'm just relieved he's going. In the future I'll probably rrflrcy on his contributions more.

Do feel for Everton fans though, he might make Gibson look like an inspired signing.

Rooney is a club legend and turned out to be a great servant to the club. Fantastic when on. However he was well past his expiry date. Should've been sold by Moyes.

Good luck to him, but glad he's leaving.

2012 was 5 years ago. Fergie knew he was on decline, shame he didnt manage to sell him to Chelsea

Yeah he was set up to be sold, but Moyes was an idiot and offered him that stupid contract.

For me, Rooney is definitely a club legend. He burst onto the scene as a very young boy, and was a tremendously exciting, and important, signing for us. He was the best English player of his generation and, for at least a few years, one of the best players in the world. He was selfless with his positioning on the field, often playing out of position in order to accommodate others, and making us a better team. He was a major contributor to many successful seasons. He finishes as the club's all time leading goal scorer. Yes, he likely should have gone earlier. Sir Alex knew it, and put Rooney's departure on a plate, but in the wake of his retirement Moyes (and the club) bottled it and gave his a new contract. It shouldn't be forgotten, however, that over the past couple of seasons, Rooney was quite graceful in being transitioned into a bit part player. Many others would have made waves, but Rooney kept his mouth shut. By any reasonable standard, he's lived up to his potential and deserves to be remembered fondly.

That said, it's perfectly fair to not have the same affection for Rooney as other club legends. I don't. He twice (I believe) asked for a transfer, publicly questioned the club's ambitions, and suggested that he would be prepared to move to City.

In any event, Rooney has provided some wonderful memories. I'm glad he's returned to his boyhood club. I hope Everton fans welcome him back with open arms, and I wish him all the best. It would be nice for him to find some success, and end his career with his head held high.

seamus coleman's possession stats are going to rise exponentially next season

Status
Not open for further replies.