Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more to do with the clubs Rooney wanted to leave for. He can deny it all he likes, but anyone with half a brain and sense of reality realises he was flirting with Man city & Chelsea. And don't you think he wouldn't have gone there.

The city links were tabloid nonsense, but the Chelsea links were real i think and i think he would have gone there (don't think he's ever denied it either). But why would any United fan hold moving to Chelsea against him?

They are not bitter local or historical rivals like City or Liverpool, Chelsea sold us Mata and their fans don't seem to hold any ill will towards him for the move.

At least with Ronaldo, he went to a better club and one closer to his family. Most people understand his reasons.

His family live on an island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, Madrid might be geographically closer by a couple of hundred miles but it's still a plane journey away.

He always got a great reaction at Old Trafford. Fans on forums or reddit are more willing to talk shit but once his departure is confirmed you'll see the majority of people on here appreciating all he has done for the club. Also keep in mind that many fans (like myself) are sour about how he openly said that he wants to leave. Also, if you believe SAF (I do) he wanted to leave again in 2013. Why do you think that there are fans who would dispute his legend status? Its because of the way he conducted himself off the pitch more than his decline on it.

Anyways, I just want to say that he is a club legend and deserves all the respect in the world for his years of service at United.

It shouldn't have to be repeated but he didn't, Ferguson made it public both times he asked the club/Ferguson to leave in private.

I know its supposed to be mocking him, but this video is fecking class!

Haven't watched that in years...better times

Last edited:
So, in terms of value for money, which club has gotten the most of these signings? Chelsea might've won it with Kante for £30m, but I'm pretty sure Man Utd will win it by simply letting Rooney go?

It shouldn't have to be repeated but he didn't, Ferguson made it public both times he asked the club/Ferguson to leave in private.

That's the second time where he didn't speak up himself. The first time though Sir Alex said it in a press conference and then Rooney gave us this gem:

"I met with David Gill [United chief executive] last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad," Rooney confirms.

"I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/6456970/rooney-reveals-exit-reasons

Shit got me pissed me just reading it again.

That's the second time where he didn't speak up himself. The first time though Sir Alex said it in a press conference and then Rooney gave us this gem:

"I met with David Gill [United chief executive] last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad," Rooney confirms.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/6456970/rooney-reveals-exit-reasons

Can't wait for him to be some other teams problem.

He might be the clubs leading goal-scorer but he'll never be loved like some of those that are below him on the list.

That statement wasn't clever at all i agree, but he didn't make any of it public knowledge. I didn't like it at the time either but can't say it still bothers me that much 7 years on.

That statement wasn't clever at all i agree, but he didn't make any of it public knowledge. I didn't like it at the time either but can't say it still bothers me that much 7 years on.

Mate how was it not public knowledge it was a statement! Also he wanted to leave again in 2013. That's twice in 7 years whilst in his prime. For myself and many other fans that left a bad taste, you may not be bothered by it now but it's something I have not forgotten as a fan. Despite his amazing record and service he's not one of my favorite United players.

This decision hasn't aged well for Wayne!

I thought with after City stuff etc that I would be glad to see the end of Rooney (I still am as a player) but honestly feel quite sad to see him go.

After Fergie and Giggs, despite his antics, Rooney has been Mr. Manchester United for a lot of the fans, especially those that started supporting in the mid-2000s.

I first got into football after watching Rooney play at the 2006 World Cup. I looked up which club team he played for, and decided that's the team for me.

I've been very vocal of my dislike of him over the past couple of seasons, but it's still very sad to see him go. It's the end of an era.

Mate how was it not public knowledge it was a statement! Also he wanted to leave again in 2013. That's twice in 7 years whilst in his prime. For myself and many other fans that left a bad taste, you may not be bothered by it now but it's something I have not forgotten as a fan. Despite his amazing record and service he's not one of my favorite United players.

The fact he wanted to leave not the statement mate. Ferguson had already told the world he wanted to leave the day before at a press conference.

If the statement still bothers you mate fair enough, it's one of the few things Rooney gets stick for and people use as a reason to dislike him that is actually true and justified.

With Wayne leaving Carrick is now the only player left from our dream team of 2006-09. It makes me sad that time's past by so quickly. It's gonna be weird to watch Utd without Rooney after all this time and to not have media always asking 20 questions about him every press conference.

Thanks for all the memories Wayne. You truly have been a legend for this club. Turns out we were right to be over the moon when we got the Roon.

Rooney is the last man standing from the Rooney and Ronaldo era. Take out Carrick and we have zero connection to the prime, one of the prime, Fergie eras. It's sad and nostalgic. Life goes on and while we'll always, always have the memories...we have to take a pause and really appreciate all the good Wayne did and was part of. Club legend 100 percent. Like Roy Keane, has his warts and receding hairline, but he made is proud more times than not.

I was fine with him leaving since last season, but now it's happening, it's really breaking my heart I have to say.

I'm the same. Sad to see him go despite moaning about his decline for ages. Despite that he was the face of our club for ages!

I wish him all the best back at Everton.
I know he has been there before but it's going to be very weird to see him wearing a shirt other than Uniteds next season.

I know he has been there before but it's going to be very weird to see him wearing a shirt other than Uniteds next season.

More likely it will be a tracksuit . Hes past any sort premier league standard and Koeman will bench him pretty quickly

For all the shit he took from us over the past number of years, particularly for his transfer requests, he was worth every penny. Really sad to see him go, definitely the end of an era.

That said, he probably should have left last summer already

A9cIic.png

There hasn't been any talk of United subsidizing part of his wages? Hopefully I just imagined that!

Status
Not open for further replies.