Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't see him playing more than a handful games unless this move gives him the extra motivation and he returns to a decent level.

But like i said earlier his body/legs appear to be finished.

He is an absolute legend for me. Now that it looks like he is leaving, I am feeling really sad. I have criticized him quite often and also wanted him gone but now that it is actually happening, I just realized how it will feel to watch Manchester United without Rooney. I think he is the one player people associate immediately with Manchester United.

I hope he performs well at Everton.

Brilliant player for us in the main, hugely part of our success while he was with us and gave his whole footballing career to United. Deserves respect and big thanks. Watch those compilation videos of his time with us and remember what a beast he was, especially in the big games.

It's a right move, but it'd be weird to see him leave. Thanks a lot for the memories.

Brilliant player for us in the main, hugely part of our success while he was with us and gave his whole footballing career to United. Deserves respect and big thanks. Watch those compilation videos of his time with us and remember what a beast he was, especially in the big games.

Exactly. The only way we remember how good he was is by watching compliations 5 years ago

It's sad when we watch players diminish before our eyes. At least we were spared that with Ronaldo and Cantona

It's sad for him to end this way at the mere young age of 31.

Infact come to think of it part of me wishing him gone and dishing him the last few years it out of pity, it's like seeing an old fighter getting played by the media and made to be humiliated on the ring.

Big shoutout to Rooney for being one of the clincher in the Lukaku deal. His career is over and the standards have dipped so much it's ridiculous but as he goes it will still get a bit emotional. A big big part of united over the past decade or so.

Last edited:
He's had his downs, but in 10 years I will remember him as a brilliant player during the (so far) best period United have had in my lifetime.

The transfer request stuff aside, Rooney's stock will rise again amongst United fans once he's gone.

He's been a brilliant player for us, even if the last two years back been a tough watch to say the least.

I'm sure he's got the one move he'd have chosen on leaving us now. Good luck to him.

We can say what we want about his decline but he's been a fantastic player for United. Thanks for all the goals Wayne. I'm glad he's getting a couple of seasons 'home' at Everton as he deserves that more than our fans critiscing him everyday.

Overstayed by a few years but he's been incredible. Will always remember that debut. Best I've ever seen.

It makes fans look shit the way they react to Rooney. He isn't the player he once was and that's been the case for a while now but he's given the club many years of service and is our all time leading scorer, something we're unlikely to see broken for many decades. The whole "Yes! The **** has gone!", reflects badly on us and is frankly more than a bit pathetic.

Modern fans, eh?

Looks like he is on his way back to Everton, wish him all the best and will remember him more for seasons gone by than the last 2 or 3, but in his prime he was a huge player for United. Should get a great welcome when he comes back to OT.
Still remember fondly that hat trick against Fenerbahce when he announced his arrival.

Thanks for your service Wayne, the bicycle kick goal against Shity was one goal I will never forget. Hart left rooted to the spot, he never moved, magical.

Exactly. The only way we remember how good he was is by watching compliations 5 years ago

I still think he was very good in the Moyes season. Our team was just generally crap. He fell off a cliff halfway into LVG's first season.

First 8 or 9 years brilliant and memorable
Last 4 or 5 years woeful and utterly forgettable
I wouldn't go so far as to say good riddance but I've been waiting too long for this day.....

I'm a little gutted for him. If he'd have left 2 years ago, I at least, would have been sad to see him go, but he has hung around, I'd like to think not just coz no one would match his ridiculous wages, deteriorated to the point that we r delighted to pension him off.

It makes fans look shit the way they react to Rooney. He isn't the player he once was and that's been the case for a while now but he's given the club many years of service and is our all time leading scorer, something we're unlikely to see broken for many decades. The whole "Yes! The **** has gone!", reflects badly on us and is frankly more than a bit pathetic.

Modern fans, eh?

He always got a great reaction at Old Trafford. Fans on forums or reddit are more willing to talk shit but once his departure is confirmed you'll see the majority of people on here appreciating all he has done for the club. Also keep in mind that many fans (like myself) are sour about how he openly said that he wants to leave. Also, if you believe SAF (I do) he wanted to leave again in 2013. Why do you think that there are fans who would dispute his legend status? Its because of the way he conducted himself off the pitch more than his decline on it.

Anyways, I just want to say that he is a club legend and deserves all the respect in the world for his years of service at United.

It's more to do with the clubs Rooney wanted to leave for. He can deny it all he likes, but anyone with half a brain and sense of reality realises he was flirting with Man city & Chelsea. And don't you think he wouldn't have gone there.

At least with Ronaldo, he went to a better club and one closer to his family. Most people understand his reasons.
His reasons were BS. He didn't care where he went as long as it was Spain, his behavior was pathetic and he contradicted Fergie in public, called himself a slave and completely disrespected the club. But hey, he left so Viva Ronaldo! Lets hate the one who stayed and became top scorer and captain.

It's a right move, but it'd be weird to see him leave. Thanks a lot for the memories.
Yup that's the word. I can't imagine a United team without Rooney tbh. We're just signing so many new people now it just feels like a team put together by someone on Football Manager. Everyone we identified with is now gone.

His reasons were BS. He didn't care where he went as long as it was Spain, his behavior was pathetic and he contradicted Fergie in public, called himself a slave and completely disrespected the club. But hey, he left so Viva Ronaldo! Lets hate the one who stayed and became top scorer and captain.
Can you show me Ronaldo quotes in a piece, or on a video that shows him calling himself a slave? Or one that shows him disrespecting the club? Thanks

Yup that's the word. I can't imagine a United team without Rooney tbh. We're just signing so many new people now it just feels like a team put together by someone on Football Manager. Everyone we identified with is now gone.

Thats because we didnt buy enough players good enough after the Ronaldo sale and years later to create a spine. We had some good players, but ultimately a lot of them werent good enough to still play a role now. Rooney, Valencia and Carrick are the last ones. To be successful, we have to address the issue now.

Can you show me Ronaldo quotes in a piece, or on a video that shows him calling himself a slave? Or one that shows him disrespecting the club? Thanks
Blatter, an honorary member of Real Madrid with close ties to the club's president, Ramón Calderón, had described himself as "very much in sympathy" with Ronaldo and urged United to allow him to leave, suggesting it was otherwise tantamount to slavery. "I agree with what he said," said Ronaldo, when that last point was put to him. "It's true. I agree with what the president of Fifa said. I know what I want and what I would like. We have to see what happens. I do not know where I will begin next season."

Blatter's comments had been widely condemned, with United saying there were "taken aback" by his choice of words and the Professional Footballers' Association calling for a retraction. Ronaldo, who earns more than £100,000 a week on a contract signed last year, seemed oblivious to the reaction at Old Trafford. "What the president of Fifa said is correct," he said when pressed further. "He is right."

Our poor 100k a week slave :(

Thats because we didnt buy enough players good enough after the Ronaldo sale and years later to create a spine. We had some good players, but ultimately a lot of them werent good enough to still play a role now. Rooney, Valencia and Carrick are the last ones. To be successful, we have to address the issue now.
Rooney had the same doubts at that point. Obviously he should not have questioned our ambition but, looking back, he wasn't half wrong eh? Our planning post Ronaldo was incredibly poor. To lose Ronaldo and Tevez and replace them with Valencia, Owen and Obertan is just shocking.

Fans can be a pretty thankless lot can't they, with short term memories. He should have left when Fergie retired (we can blame Moyes that he didn't) but that shouldn't detract from the significant contribution to our success before that. Not many players now...and certainly in the future will dedicate all their prime years to one club. It will be odd seeing him at Everton, but I wish him well and thank him very much.

Modern fans, eh?
Sorry to be pedantic but he has given the club sod all. He was very highly rewarded for his services, and for the past two years has spectacularly failed at upholding his end of the contract. Longer if you include his atrocious lifestyle choices. I completely appreciate his contributions to our success, but from my side and probably his as well it's entirely a business relationship, and it's good business to get shot now he is no further use.

He wasn't in the team for most of last season - will things really feel so different?!
He was still around. You'd see him come on in games once in a while, play the useless games and get some goals. Him not being here at all will be very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.