Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that we're not still paying a part of this salary. Free transfer and a ridiculous fee for Lukaku and Everton still want us to cough up for a part of his salary?!
Come on, we have to do better than that.

I just KNOW there is more to Wayne Rooney than this. It's absolutely awful to see such a talent fall so quickly at such a relatively young age. A superstar like him should really be accelerating at this age.

Somewhere I feel the managers somehow didn't always make it easy for him. Hope people can remember the energetic devil he once was and not this unmotivated dad he's now become. I can understand a lot of young fans can't relate to him being an awesome player, and no youtube clips can really tell the full story of how mighty he was when stepping out on the field 2004 in Portugal. Tonight I will lit a light for Wayne and remember what an amazing player he once was. Thanks for everything Wayne Rooney.

This will be angled as the Lukaku deal being worth over £100m (75m + 15m bonuses + 10m Rooney fee waived + part of Rooney's wages paid for by us), with £100m being exactly what papers reported Everton hoping to get for Lukaku earlier.

I just KNOW there is more to Wayne Rooney than this. It's absolutely awful to see such a talent fall so quickly at such a relatively young age. A superstar like him should really be accelerating at this age.

Somewhere I feel the managers somehow didn't always make it easy for him. Hope people can remember the energetic devil he once was and not this unmotivated dad he's now become. I can understand a lot of young fans can't relate to him being an awesome player, and no youtube clips can really tell the full story of how mighty he was when stepping out on the field 2004 in Portugal. Tonight I will lit a light for Wayne and remember what an amazing player he once was. Thanks for everything Wayne Rooney.
Im sorry but I have to :lol::lol::lol:

This will be angled as the Lukaku deal being worth over £100m (75m + 15m bonuses + 10m Rooney fee waived + part of Rooney's wages paid for by us), with £100m being exactly what papers reported Everton hoping to get for Lukaku earlier.
Depressing when you see it like that. Neither Rooney nor Lukaku worth this kind of money imho.

Anyway, wish Wayne the best, even though I believe he won't be able to put in good consistent performances no matter how motivated he'll be.

He got his testimonial, he got a lot of £££ and he got a lot of titles. So, I guess he wants to end his days as a footballer where it all started. Nothing strange really. Best of luck and thanks for all the hard work and not so many thanks for the not so hard working days...

Why would we pay his wages if we sell him? No club would do that, if we have to pay him, then we keep him in the squad. Sounds bullshit to me

Are you taking the piss?

So Rooney isn't entitled to take his own son for a Mcdonalds!!

Do we really live in a world that pathetic a man can't be allowed to treat his own child without people casting aspersions.

What the flying feck? Are you mental?

I think you guys are missing my point! I, personally, don't have any problem whatsoever with Rooney going to the drive-thru. But you (and he) know what tabloid journos are like in this country and given that just a couple of weeks ago there were pictures all over the press and social media of him on his holidays looking out of shape - and given that his lack of body conditioning is an ongoing topic of piss-taking in general - it would probably have been sensible to avoid fast food joints for a little while...at least until he's fit and firing again.

Maybe he literally doesn't give a flying feck about it, and if that's the case then good on him - but my guess is it probably pisses him off no end when people write that shit about him, and in which case why give them more material to use against him?

I think you guys are missing my point! I, personally, don't have any problem whatsoever with Rooney going to the drive-thru. But you (and he) know what tabloid journos are like in this country and given that just a couple of weeks ago there were pictures all over the press and social media of him on his holidays looking out of shape - and given that his lack of body conditioning is an ongoing topic of piss-taking in general - it would probably have been sensible to avoid fast food joints for a little while...at least until he's fit and firing again.

Maybe he literally doesn't give a flying feck about it, and if that's the case then good on him - but my guess is it probably pisses him off no end when people write that shit about him, and in which case why give them more material to use against him?

If he starts adjusting his life for media and fans, both fickle to no end, he ll have a horrible life for sure. He is used to media supporting him to no end and also criticizing him to no end. So it makes so much sense to go about his business rather than keep thinking "what if"

You are not selling him though. He is agreeing to have his contract ended early on the condition that you'll pay him some of it.
Er no we're selling him, for nothing, on the condition Everton pay his high wages.

Personally don't think he's even a Premier League player anymore, let alone Everton level.

I foresee similar LVG problems there. He will almost certainly be their captain, and I expect him to struggle up front, but obviously he's not allowed to be dropped. He'll then upset the rest of the team by being shifted to the 10,11,8,6 positions, with all the pundits blaming Koeman for not realising his natural position isn't whatever one he is currently under-performing in.

That's proper exaggeration. There's plenty of space between leading the line for man united and being a premier League striker.

If he starts adjusting his life for media and fans, both fickle to no end, he ll have a horrible life for sure. He is used to media supporting him to no end and also criticizing him to no end. So it makes so much sense to go about his business rather than keep thinking "what if"

Yeah, to a point...but to be honest I don't think I'd be missing out on too much if I sent someone else out to the Maccy D drive-thru on my behalf! If you know how the media like to present you then not giving them any ammo just feels like quite a sensible move. It's just the same as if you're a player that has a bit of a rep for being a boozer then make sure you don't get snapped falling out of a club at 4am.

I'm not saying he needs to live like a fecking monk!

This. It was a pleasure to witness him as he was one of the greatest footballers of his generation. I was lucky to see his overhead kick against city live at ot - and that was only the icing on the cake. Everyone was buzzing when he first went out against fenerbace and he just delivered as if there was no pressure. He was a phenomenon for us and i am glad i saw his whole career with us. Its sad how he is seen now but its time to say goodbuy and good luck.

All but announced now, it seems.

So long, Wayne, and thanks for the memories. I'm still over the moon we got The Roon.

Hope he has an Indian Summer in him at Everton. A player like him shouldn't go out with a sad whimper like what we've seen from him the last couple of years.

For his legacy he'd do better to retire or run off to America. Everton fans will be shocked at how poor he is.

For his legacy he'd do better to retire or run off to America. Everton fans will be shocked at how poor he is.

I think even Rooney will be shocked at how poor he is. It's like he's been blind to his own decline.

Everton are't the club he left behind. They're now a legitimate top 7 side who are looking to improve. He won't get a free ride there.

I really hope that we're not still paying a part of this salary. Free transfer and a ridiculous fee for Lukaku and Everton still want us to cough up for a part of his salary?!
Come on, we have to do better than that.
I wouldn't believe anything the media says on transfer dealings. 99% of what they report is bullshit. Why believe the same sources when reporting on the financial details?

Despite all the shit talking about his performances with us - I'm genuinely excited for Wazza and myself - because I feel like I have a good reason now to also follow Everton more closely the coming season. More reasons to watch footie= great. Hope he does well and finds some true motivation in not only being back at his boyhood club, but also a club that has been on the up, and looks to have a pretty exciting team. Curious to see what Koeman makes of it. Not to mention not having to give up on playing loaded matches against Pool. Hope he scores against them plenty.

I really don't understand why so much hate on Rooney in man utd forum. I get it that he asked for transfer twice but at the end of the day he stay. Many have pointed out that Ronaldo actually left man utd but is still adored here. Strange!

Yes he has decline but he is still our legend. He was in one of our all time best team with the attacking trio of Ronaldo-Tevez-Rooney. I can only wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

I really don't understand why so much hate on Rooney in man utd forum. I get it that he asked for transfer twice but at the end of the day he stay. Many have pointed out that Ronaldo actually left man utd but is still adored here. Strange!

Yes he has decline but he is still our legend. He was in one of our all time best team with the attacking trio of Ronaldo-Tevez-Rooney. I can only wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

There's so much hate because frankly he's been shit for about 3 years now while earning the most in the team. Should have been sold but Fergie retired.

LVG pampering to him and his contract being extended by Moyes has contributed to it.

It's more to do with the clubs Rooney wanted to leave for. He can deny it all he likes, but anyone with half a brain and sense of reality realises he was flirting with Man city & Chelsea. And don't you think he wouldn't have gone there.

At least with Ronaldo, he went to a better club and one closer to his family. Most people understand his reasons.

The countdown till his departure is announced is on now.

Want him gone as much as anyone but I'm gonna miss the guy, remember the buzz when he signed and his debut. What a player he once was!

Status
Not open for further replies.