Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney moves on, we lose that experience and consistency. He knows the club. I can't believe so many fans do not seem to value that. Be a massive void to fill if he leaves. No he isn't the player he was, but I never underestimate the guy.

Lindgaard, Mata, Fellani.... I wouldn't pick them over Rooney, no way. Even Martial and Mikatarhiyan flatter to deceive, although I apprecaite for Mika, it's only a season so far.

It's easy to be a Rooney-basher, always has been it seems ... but I love the guy and would love him to stay. Just my personal opinion. A decent, fit Rooney, somewhat rejuvenated Rooney adds 15 goals to our season, can any of those other names confidently state anything like that. And I mean big games.... ... I think he's a better footballer than those others named, yes, still.

Mourinho needs to be careful. He needs his team to be better than last season, a lot better to get even close, and getting rid of Rooney, isn't an answer for me. No way.
We will never, ever see decent, fit and rejuvenated Rooney with 15 goals at United.

Rooney moves on, we lose that experience and consistency. He knows the club. I can't believe so many fans do not seem to value that. Be a massive void to fill if he leaves. No he isn't the player he was, but I never underestimate the guy.

Lindgaard, Mata, Fellani.... I wouldn't pick them over Rooney, no way. Even Martial and Mikatarhiyan flatter to deceive, although I apprecaite for Mika, it's only a season so far.

It's easy to be a Rooney-basher, always has been it seems ... but I love the guy and would love him to stay. Just my personal opinion. A decent, fit Rooney, somewhat rejuvenated Rooney adds 15 goals to our season, can any of those other names confidently state anything like that. And I mean big games.... ... I think he's a better footballer than those others named, yes, still.

Mourinho needs to be careful. He needs his team to be better than last season, a lot better to get even close, and getting rid of Rooney, isn't an answer for me. No way.
Glad to read some positive words here.
And I agree he surely is not the worst footballer we have let alone in the world like some posts do want to make us believe.

I can't believe people still think we may live to regret it. We have seen nothing in the last three years to suggest that Rooney leaving could be a loss for the club.

It's like people have not been watching him in the last 2-3 years.

Where was that experience against Swansea when he cost us dearly?

Getting rid of Rooney is a number of years overdue.

A guy at work was yabbering on today about how Rooney "had that one good season, and that was it".

My worry is a lot of the forum actually believe similar now, and forget what an exciting player he was at his peak and before it!

At least this move now should gradually sway people's minds back to that time, without seeing him have a really slow demise from even this level.

I was fairly late to the "it's over" bandwagon myself, when some people like my Tottenham pal were calling it about 3-4 years ago.

But to still think he has plenty to offer is amazing, and like you've either not been watching these last couple of years, or are simply refusing to take the rose tinted specs off.

When you've had a player who has been such a sensation, of course it's hard to compare him objectively against another squad player. The other squad player won't be on his wage, and won't have achieved so much.

So the question comes to, would you be happy to bring a 250/300k a week player in, and have him perform like Rooney this last couple of years?If the answer is not a huge "NO", then you have to ask yourself a lot of questions.

300k a week should be massive gamechanger level wage. Not toddle around being less effective than pretty much all our other attacking players level.

A guy at work was yabbering on today about how Rooney "had that one good season, and that was it".

My worry is a lot of the forum actually believe similar now, and forget what an exciting player he was at his peak and before it!

At least this move now should gradually sway people's minds back to that time, without seeing him have a really slow demise from even this level.
He was fantastic for quite a few years banging in goals and terrorising defences it was only about 2013 you could see him slip into the shadows a bit with rvp taking the lead. After that he became more and more withdrawn as a player in terms of aggression.

Great player for the club overall despite having a few years of decline best of luck to him if he goes.

Rooney to Everton is nailed on, and his people will certainly want to make the most of marketing opportunitys, including his shirt sales #10, currently worn by....Romelu Lakaku, it's no secret I know but it's the clearest indication that he's off, 10 for a 10 and tell Madrid to do one ?

He's just back from his holidays, no? Everyone puts on weight after a vacation. Don't tell me you don't, otherwise you ain't doing it right

Spot the odd one out

254973.jpg

255090.jpg

255088.jpg

420E04DE00000578-4667982-image-a-2_1499266250114.jpg

Screen-Shot-2017-06-22-at-100002JPG.jpg

nintchdbpict000334366162-e1498425699753.jpg

Rooney to Everton is nailed on, and his people will certainly want to make the most of marketing opportunitys, including his shirt sales #10, currently worn by....Romelu Lakaku, it's no secret I know but it's the clearest indication that he's off, 10 for a 10 and tell Madrid to do one ?

The Diego Costa strong rumour suggests Lukaku is 100% going to Chelsea as per everyone's thinking for months.
I'm not sure why the link to us re-surfaced a day or 2 back. Us trying to amateurishly get the Morata fee down.

Instead, it'll end up being higher than Lukakus, even though he has the proven Premier league scoring record.

Spot the odd one out

254973.jpg

255090.jpg

255088.jpg

420E04DE00000578-4667982-image-a-2_1499266250114.jpg

Screen-Shot-2017-06-22-at-100002JPG.jpg

nintchdbpict000334366162-e1498425699753.jpg

I'm not certain Fabregas looks that much better than Rooney. Just different angles!

Ronaldo's physique is just unreal, slimmed down and not even a hint of fat.

Old head guiding lookman, Calvert-lewin and Ramirez... could see him in a free role if Barkley goes.
I suspect he will score a few goals and get himself over the 200 pl goal mark, keep the England captaincy through the world cup and take the caps record to go with the goals record so on a personal level for him it's a good move and I can see the sense from Everton if they expect Barkley and lukaku to go

Yeah, I could see that happening. If Barkley & Lukaku are both gone, he'll have a good shot at the #10 role plus some cameos for the #9.

He needs to play more regularly in order to be effective and he won't get that here. I'm sure he feels more than a bit left out of our team and low on motivation, but a move to Everton might be what he needs to jumpstart his WC campaign.

I'm not certain Fabregas looks that much better than Rooney. Just different angles!

Ronaldo's physique is just unreal, slimmed down and not even a hint of fat.

im definately not posting this because of his Mrs ass.
998554.jpg

to me he looks like he's in better shape.

Probably time he moved on, but best of luck to him if he does go. Still a club legend and all that.

If he goes to Everton I have a sneaky feeling he'll do really well there for a few reasons

1. World Cup year
2. He'll be motivated from a new move/new place/not being comfortable
3. I think he feels he has something to prove considering the amount of stick he's been getting
4. Boyhood club and all that jazz

Not saying he'll be amazing, but not utter shite or anything.
I have a feeling he'll do well enough to make those United fans celebrating his departure look abit silly.

Personally am not enjoying this end to his United career. He is a top red club legend, was out heartbeat for a few years and has always given his all.

Over a 13 year career, I forgive him for his professional negotiation tactics (it's his career and salary) and decided a while back to ignore his personal life indiscretions (who said footballers should be societal role models?).

As for his current contract status, that's between him and the club. As a employee, I think he'll be really missed next year.

Am privileged to have seen his entire Manchester United career - there will be very few like it in the next 13 years.

I haven't seen any evidence of that. There's plenty who would argue he wasn't world class but I haven't seen many (or anyone in fact) deny his past quality and x factor.

you feel that Everton hold all the cards in this negotiation

assuming he goes on loan/on a free I wonder how much of his wage we will subsidise

I have a feeling he'll do well enough to make those United fans celebrating his departure look abit silly.

Personally am not enjoying this end to his United career. He is a top red club legend, was out heartbeat for a few years and has always given his all.

Over a 13 year career, I forgive him for his professional negotiation tactics (it's his career and salary) and decided a while back to ignore his personal life indiscretions (who said footballers should be societal role models?).

As for his current contract status, that's between him and the club. As a employee, I think he'll be really missed next year.

Am privileged to have seen his entire Manchester United career - there will be very few like it in the next 13 years.

Have you not watched him play football recently? He is spent, which is seemingly why we are willing to let him go for absolutely nothing - constant cries of how inflated the market and we can't get anything for our 31 year old record goalscorer...not a penny. We'll see when/if it happens but I cannot see him taking a reported pay cut of over £100k a week and I would be amazed if we don't subsidise his wages...in essence paying him not to play for us - but obviously that is complete guesswork and we'll have to wait and see.

Ultimately if he does do anything when he leaves it'll be because he's started to condition himself better and has become motivated off the field (on it has never been a problem) - he's had his chances to do it here and it's not happened, so if it takes a change of scenery to do it, so be it - I can live with him having a good season at Everton, certain that he wasn't going to do it here.

I wish him well - he's been a great player for us over the years but his time was up a while ago. Good move all round.

these kind of buzzwords were being used last year to justify him being at the Euros. He collapsed against Iceland.

these kind of buzzwords were being used last year to justify him being at the Euros. He collapsed against Iceland.

Aye, and when Rashford (who had less than a hundred minutes of international experience) came on with four minutes left, he was the only England player who seemed capable of making things happen. Tactical masterstroke that by Roy - bringing Marcus on just as the game ends and we're losing.

I do think experience can be an asset, but if the experienced player has been out of form for 2-3 seasons and doesn't look arsed any more, then what's the point?

EDIT: I'm not hating or Wayne bashing either. I am, and will be very grateful for everything Wayne has done for United. He's our all time top scorer and with that, surely has to be considered a Manchester United legend forever more.

Bet Everton fans aren't happy, they get the child Rooney, then they get the over the hill Rooney for an insane wage.

In the middle of that he's spent all his best years at United.

And how did the new generation of English stars (other than the guy who came with 4 minutes to play) do?? Agree that Rooney doesn't actually give much experience to the team, but when we talk about English NT, I wouldn't single out Rooney.

And how did the new generation of English stars (other than the guy who came with 4 minutes to play) do?? Agree that Rooney doesn't actually give much experience to the team, but when we talk about English NT, I wouldn't single out Rooney.
He's the captain, the one supposed to be steadying the ship with the football intelligence he told us he had.

We're finally getting rid of Moyes' legacy pawprints from this club, over three years after he left this club. :drool:

The crazy thing is that only 14 months ago, LVG saw Rooney as our saviour and used to play him, no matter what, even though he was complete dog-shite. LVG even got sacked, because of Rooney's inability to score goals.
Jose comes in and started using him, then gradually, left him out, because he saw that he realised that he was dog-shite.
And now, finally, Jose has told Rooney - you're out!

A cardboard cutout would offer about as much value as Rooney can. And we could still appease his sponsors.

I'm refusing to believe this is happening until the club announces it. Everton gain nothing from it on the pitch.

Logically, the Everton manager should be sacked if he agrees to sign Rooney, even on a free transfer....unless MUFC agree to heavily subsidise Rooney's wages.
But maybe he is hoping that he can use Rooney's marketability to good use, to make EFC some money.

The crazy thing is that only 14 months ago, LVG saw Rooney as our saviour and used to play him, no matter what, even though he was complete dog-shite. LVG even got sacked, because of Rooney's inability to score goals.
Jose comes in and started using him, then gradually, left him out, because he saw that he realised that he was dog-shite.
And now, finally, Jose has told Rooney - you're out!
No, actually, Mourinho did told Rooney – you're in! (for as long as you like, but you just won't start anymore…) Don't forget he told everyone Rooney will stay as long as he wants.

Mourinho handled this whole affair masterfully.

It seems that it took Jose 12 months to get Rooney out.
If Pep was the manager, he'd have given him the Nasri treatment from day 1 - "Sorry Wayne, you are too fat".

Status
Not open for further replies.