Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it? We'll be paying him £125k+ a week and he wouldn't even be playing for us, but rather an arguable rival team. I'd rather him that we'll sell him or he can stay here and get very little game time.

100% agree. Everton are taking the piss. If they want him, they sign him. None of this loan bullshit.

I'll be glad to get rid of him but that's still a terrible deal for us, and yet another example of how badly managed we've been.
Yes. Would be happy to see him leave on a free, but us paying half his wages (which necessitates a loan deal rather than a permanent transfer) is a bit much, a bit too desperate from our side.

Yes. Would be happy to see him leave on a free, but us paying half his wages (which necessitates a loan deal rather than a permanent transfer) is a bit much, a bit too desperate from our side.
We'll save a few million off our wage bill and move on a player who has form in going to the press when things aren't going his way. Its one of the few options where we save any money on the deal.

How exactly will his experience help Rashford and Martial? How is he going to transmit it to them? It's mostly non-verbal knowledge that can't easily be put into words (and I expect Rooney will have more trouble with this than most) and his legs have gone so they won't exactly see a great striker on the training pitch either.

I'm sorry I didn't realise Rooney couldn't speak words or use his legs anymore.

One thing you could never aim against Rooney was any hint of acceptance to be a sub/bitpart player and just collect his money.
He's always wanted to play football, desperately, he'll no doubt be aching to play next season after the year he's just had, so I don't see why we can't use that as leverage in the situation.

"Look if you want to play football in your final few years, you will have to take the lower wage at Everton. Either that or you continue to ride the bench here, take it or leave it."

Madrid and Inter are dicking us around on transfers because they know we're desperate, well, in the same manner we know Rooney is desperate to leave and play regular football again so why the feck should we back down and agree so readily to pay his wages in a loan deal?

Disgrace that we would have to subsidize the wages of this guy. Moyes bent us over, and shafted us with this one. Sooner he f*ck off the better

Is it surprising that we may have to subsidise half his wages? Real had to subsidise 2/3rd of casillas' wages too. That's what happens generally

We'll save a few million off our wage bill and move on a player who has form in going to the press when things aren't going his way. Its one of the few options where we save any money on the deal.
He just spend the entire year on the bench. How exactly has he used the media?

Is it? We'll be paying him £125k+ a week and he wouldn't even be playing for us, but rather an arguable rival team. I'd rather tell him to leave on a permanent deal or he can stay here and get very little game time.

So we're either paying him £125k per week not to play for us or £250k per week not to play for us. Yes, it's better.

Shame he won't get a final game where the fans can say goodbye. Should probably have left a year or two again though.

Wow!
He is really leaving.
Been campaigning for this for so long that I can't really believe it.

I think Moyes should have to subsidise any wages for Wazza out of his own pocket. I mean, it was that utter cretin who gave him such a ludicrous contract after all. Also, I'm sure he's minted with all his severance packages.

He just spend the entire year on the bench. How exactly has he used the media?
Did i mention this season? he has form for going to the media, he didn't last season but with less game time and closer to the end of his career he could be seen as a disruptive risk.

Did Leicester not win the PL playing 4 4 2 ? Iceland did beat England little over a year ago playing 4 4 2.
France just beat England in 4-4-2 with Pogba and they didn't even need Griezmann. Monaco, the most attacking team all season…

Last edited:
Us paying £125k a week to a player we can't use is a failure of management.
Give him a free contract and get rid.
Everton are cnuts.
Why should we be paying them to take him?

But it would be ok with you , right ? . I mean after all he is a "club legend " , its what club legends do , hold the club to ransom .:rolleyes:
grow up. he has been magnificent for United. so he's run out of steam before some other players but he's being going longer than most

So we're either paying him £125k per week not to play for us or £250k per week not to play for us. Yes, it's better.
Well it's not as simple as that. If he stays, he'll still get some game time (although mostly off the bench). He's still a very decent squad player to have and if it wasn't for his ridiculous wages, I'd be happy to have him around. His experience is also much needed with Zlatan leaving and our current striking options consisting of only Rashford and Martial (19 and 21 years old respectively). Having Rooney around in the back end of last season was very useful after Zlatan got injured and we needed to rest Rashford for the Europa league.
There's also the fact that having to pay for your player to play for a rival team that doesn't sit well with me and it seems very desperate from our end.

Well it's not as simple as that. If he stays, he'll still get some game time (although mostly off the bench). He's still a very decent squad player to have and if it wasn't for his ridiculous wages, I'd be happy to have him around. His experience is also much needed with Zlatan leaving and our current striking options consisting of only Rashford and Martial (19 and 21 years old respectively). Having Rooney around in the back end of last season was very useful after Zlatan got injured and we needed to rest Rashford for the Europa league.
There's also the fact that having to pay for your player to play for a rival team that doesn't sit well with me and it seems very desperate from our end.

He really isn't

Loaning him to Everton and paying half of his wages would be a terrible deal. Everton is a top 7 club in the league and has been investing heavily, why should United give them Rooney AND help them with the wages? Makes no sense. Rooneys decline is undeniable, but he can still contribute 5-10 league goals easily. I'm sure United wouldn't need a fee, but if Everton want him, then they should pay his wages, simple as that.

We are not getting ripped off here, Rooney is absolutely finished and has been for ages. He has nothing else to contribute.

Hopefully he will get a chance to prove that at Everton by breaking their shite streak against pool

If he goes to Everton I have a sneaky feeling he'll do really well there for a few reasons

1. World Cup year
2. He'll be motivated from a new move/new place/not being comfortable
3. I think he feels he has something to prove considering the amount of stick he's been getting
4. Boyhood club and all that jazz

Not saying he'll be amazing, but not utter shite or anything.

If he goes to Everton I have a sneaky feeling he'll do really well there for a few reasons

1. World Cup year
3. I think he feels he has something to prove considering the amount of stick he's been getting

Agree.

I also think Koeman will do a good job of getting the best out of him, and that Everton side is a really hard-working team, so lots of legs around him will defo benefit him.

Having Rooney around in the back end of last season was very useful after Zlatan got injured.

Was it?

The main things I remember from the end of last season were his crazy foul against Swansea which cost us a goal, his miss at the Emirates and his foul in the last minute of the game against WBA when we were going forward.

Should be free transfer if we will get him off the wage bill completely. But if not We should atleast get 5-7 m from the transfer fee which everton's new investors can eaisily afford.

1. World Cup year

Will be interesting, hes had a few summers where he looks like he is going to come back motivated and push on and then doesn't . Especially that one with LVG where he was supposed to get 25 goals.
Maybe though, the change of environment is what is required, but I have a feeling that even though he may be willing, he just won't quite cut it.

Will be interesting, hes had a few summers where he looks like he is going to come back motivated and push on and then doesn't . Especially that one with LVG where he was supposed to get 25 goals.
Maybe though, the change of environment is what is required, but I have a feeling that even though he may be willing, he just won't quite cut it.

Not mental, not motivational.

His legs have gone. His natural fitness has gone.

Yes, the fact that he's got to this stage is related to motivation etc but now he's at this stage it's irreversible.

Reactions: SteveJ
Not mental, not motivational.

His legs have gone. His natural fitness has gone.

Yes, the fact that he's got to this stage is related to motivation etc but now he's at this stage it's irreversible.

Tend to agree, but maybe he'll make us eat our words...

100% agree. Everton are taking the piss. If they want him, they sign him. None of this loan bullshit.

I think we are basically begging Everton to take him and are willing to go to great lengths to make it happen. Just make it happen and get him off the wage bill and stop wasting a squad place for somebody who is fit to fight for the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.