Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are basically begging Everton to take him and are willing to go to great lengths to make it happen. Just make it happen and get him off the wage bill and stop wasting a squad place for somebody who is fit to fight for the cause.
I dont think we can get him of our wage bill even if he leaves for Everton. From all this talk, looks like we will still be paying more than 100k for his wages.

For those continually mentioning all the wages we have 'freed up' by letting x and y player go, it's worth considering the terms of the players' release.

Who knows if we'll be paying Rooney. We also paid Schweinsteiger's contract up, although I've seen his wages referenced as a saving many times.

For those continually mentioning all the wages we have 'freed up' by letting x and y player go, it's worth considering the terms of the players' release.

Who knows if we'll be paying Rooney. We also paid Schweinsteiger's contract up, although I've seen his wages referenced as a saving many times.

At least some will be saved in wages. But most saving will be done in waste of space area. He is done playing on EPL.

This wage thing, all a part of the negotiation I think. What Rooney wants from Everton compared to what United are paying at the moment, the difference will be £?m
United are due £?m from Burnley for the sell on of Michael Keane to Everton ,this could possible be factored in.
If United are interested in Lukaku everything would be taken into account to get his price down.

Fair point but look at this:-
Zlat 400k
Rooney 280k
Shwein 180k
Memphis 140k
Scheid 100k

That's an incredible saving for us, more than enough to bring two absolute superstars in. Bale and Modric(at his age I'd still pay 30m) , top dollar and risky but our luck has to change in the transfer market.

I dont think we can get him of our wage bill even if he leaves for Everton. From all this talk, looks like we will still be paying more than 100k for his wages.

They can afford it, it's either 250k every week for 2 years = £26m without a fee to be paid or, £13m fee and £125k a week, yes it's a lot for Rooney but it's not out the reach of Everton.

That's an incredible saving for us, more than enough to bring two absolute superstars in. Bale and Modric(at his age I'd still pay 30m) , top dollar and risky but our luck has to change in the transfer market.

Bale - Doesn't want to leave Real and would cost 100M+
Modric - Very happy at Real, could potentially be in trouble over a big case.

Whatever be the salary, some players are out of reach for us, unless the big shot clubs they are playing for push them out. We have no choice but to settle for lesser profile players or catch upcoming superstars.

Did Leicester not win the PL playing 4 4 2 ? Iceland did beat England little over a year ago playing 4 4 2.
Two examples out of how many? Leicester also had a brush with relegation playing 4-4-2. Not to mention all the big teams who regularly reach deeper into the CL don't play that.

Was it?

The main things I remember from the end of last season were his crazy foul against Swansea which cost us a goal, his miss at the Emirates and his foul in the last minute of the game against WBA when we were going forward.
Yes, purely in terms of having numbers up front. We were effectively playing our second team along with youth players and having Rooney around meant that we could rest players like Rashford for the Europa league. I still think he should be sold, but I wouldn't want us loaning him out, with us paying half his wages for the year.

I can't see him lasting more than a year at Everton. Massive mistake by them. He will likely be their captain and take on a Van Gaal-like undroppable status which will screw them. Going from Lukaku to Rooney is a huge downgrade. He's honestly barely a Championship striker now.

I predict this whole circus about them not knowing his best position after he fails to score forever, he's then moved to midfield etc. Anyway, he can be their mess now.

They probably feel here are also commercial benefits to bringing him back, if they can get him for next to nothing and just have to pay his wages.

Two examples out of how many? Leicester also had a brush with relegation playing 4-4-2. Not to mention all the big teams who regularly reach deeper into the CL don't play that.
Okay they haven't won it, but Athletico Madrid have been one of the most consistent teams in Europe the past 5 seasons or so with 442.

Well I'm glad he's going. Forget the money it's the idea of having a striker or a 10 who can't actually play in those roles anymore just floating around the club. As much as he's liked in the dressing room moving on players not good enough is essential, otherwise others will think they can rest on thier laurels too, thier "potential" or a good game every 3 games, or whatever.

Zlat 400k
Rooney 280k
Shwein 180k
Memphis 140k
Scheid 100k

You'd only pay £30m for the best midfielder in the world?!?

Players who have done nothing in their careers get less than one of the most decorated English player who is the country's top scorer and is the top scorer of the most successful club in England. Shocker
But thats not the player theyre signing now any more than the michael owen we signed was the guy who won the balon dor. He's a shadow of that level now.

Chuffed to bits he might actually be leaving and I hope in time I can ignorantly forget all my gripes with him and remember him for all the good things.

What's the source that we've paid Schweinsteigers contract up? As far as I'm aware, he was sent out to them on a free transfer.

But thats not the player theyre signing now any more than the michael owen we signed was the guy who won the balon dor. He's a shadow of that level now.

People get salaries based on their past performances. I'm sure the salary we paid Owen was way more than the salary we would have paid someone like wilshere on a similar contract structure.

I wasn't hit biggest fan these last couple years but tried to keep quiet because he was still a player for the club. I think this is the right time for him to move on and wish him the best at Everton.

This is AFTER he's been to the gym :nono:
Looks more like he's just been Macdonalds.

Rooney moves on, we lose that experience and consistency. He knows the club. I can't believe so many fans do not seem to value that. Be a massive void to fill if he leaves. No he isn't the player he was, but I never underestimate the guy.

Lindgaard, Mata, Fellani.... I wouldn't pick them over Rooney, no way. Even Martial and Mikatarhiyan flatter to deceive, although I apprecaite for Mika, it's only a season so far.

It's easy to be a Rooney-basher, always has been it seems ... but I love the guy and would love him to stay. Just my personal opinion. A decent, fit Rooney, somewhat rejuvenated Rooney adds 15 goals to our season, can any of those other names confidently state anything like that. And I mean big games.... ... I think he's a better footballer than those others named, yes, still.

Mourinho needs to be careful. He needs his team to be better than last season, a lot better to get even close, and getting rid of Rooney, isn't an answer for me. No way.

The only sensational thing about his impending return is the decision making at Everton.

He's just back from his holidays, no? Everyone puts on weight after a vacation. Don't tell me you don't, otherwise you ain't doing it right

People get salaries based on their past performances. I'm sure the salary we paid Owen was way more than the salary we would have paid someone like wilshere on a similar contract structure.
That makes no sense. And the fact we arent willing to pay rooney 250k per week for his current performance level underlines that.

He's just back from his holidays, no? Everyone puts on weight after a vacation. Don't tell me you don't, otherwise you ain't doing it right
And who of us are paid 6 figures a week to be in peak physical shape and can retire any time they like? He's got plenty of time to be a lardass after he's retirees, not when we are paying him to be a "professional" footballer

The only sensational thing about his impending return is the decision making at Everton.
Old head guiding lookman, Calvert-lewin and Ramirez... could see him in a free role if Barkley goes.
I suspect he will score a few goals and get himself over the 200 pl goal mark, keep the England captaincy through the world cup and take the caps record to go with the goals record so on a personal level for him it's a good move and I can see the sense from Everton if they expect Barkley and lukaku to go

Status
Not open for further replies.