Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Rooney leaving we will have freed up a million quid a week in wages since last season started. Zlatan, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Depay all gone and Rooney to follow.

I wonder if they forgive him now, after booing him for the last 10 years...

c-Rooney_thestretfordroar_blogspot.jpg

Rooney has always expressed his desire to go back to Everton one day. If he gets that opportunity, then that will be a fantastic move from Rooney's perspective. Fair play to him if it goes through.

EDIT: We should get Barkley.

This place if he goes Everton and wins golden boot :lol::lol::lol:

There's more chance of Hugh Heffner moving Susan Boyle into the Playboy Mansion.

Fair play to Wayne though if this does come off, hope he does well, what a fecking unbelievable player he was for us back in his prime!

Rooney leaving will look like a new deal for us actually.

I loved him before but it's time for him to move and time for the club to move, too. We can no longer handle holding a passenger in the team.

This new generation coming up will never know how good he was in his prime. One of the greatest players to ever play in the premier league and at points in the world. He's done it all, an absolute legend.

If the report is true, thank you for everything Wazza. The memories and achievements created will last forever :)

Hopefully, this means we are confident in getting the Morata deal done soon because Rashford would be our only recognised striker on the tour should Rooney leave in the next few days.

I wonder if they forgive him now, after booing him for the last 10 years...

c-Rooney_thestretfordroar_blogspot.jpg
a fickle bunch are football fans

looking forward to him kicking lumps out of Liverpool players as he tires to endear himself to the Everton fans once again

Rooney will do fine for them. Despite everyone calling him a championship player he still got 18 goals and assists for us last year despite being bit part player. Expectations at both clubs are night and day as well, they'll be happy if they can get that output from him. Also a player of his stature going there helps increase their brand awareness and brings a lot of experience.

All around great move for all the parties, thanks for the memories Wayne :)

Rooney will do fine for them. Despite everyone calling him a championship player he still got 18 goals and assists for us last year despite being bit part player. Expectations at both clubs are night and day as well, they'll be happy if they can get that output from him. Also a player of his stature going there helps increase their brand awareness and brings a lot of experience.

All around great move for all the parties, thanks for the memories Wayne :)

Yeah, also think motivation is a huge issue for Rooney. He's still only 31, he should have a few solid years left.

Even if we end up paying some of his salary, this is definitely one of those glass half full situations considering he won't have to feature for us in any scenario and he might even play for Everton a bit which will not help them gain points IMO.

I just hope the club will avoid doing a Liverpool, trying to replace iconic player like Gerrard with someone like Wijnaldum or Henderson...

This may be a huge transfer window ahead with Zlatan & Rooney gone. Woodward will be busy.

I want to be sad about this. I want to respect all he gave United. But I can find very little warmth for Rooney despite him being an all time great and a good Captain

This makes me sad

After complaining about him for what seems like years there was a real sense of sadness when i heard he was actually leaving. Great player at his peak. Right time to leave though for both him and the club.

Mixed emotions, I think he's been absolutely immense for us for 80% of his entire career, smashed records and just generally gotten way too hard a time these last few years. Thought he'd end his career at United but I can't fault a move to his boyhood club.

That said it will really be a new United. We need him to leave to really reinvent ourselves post Fergie. Very exciting to see if it's Pogba's United or whoever steps up to fill the void.

fecking love Rooney though.

This is me. It was time for him to go, but at the same time I'm actually quite sad to see him go because of the great memories he gave us. Yeah his football has been dog cack of late, but I hope that doesn't cloud the memories for fans when thinking about his time with us, because at a stage in his career with us he was nothing short of brilliant.

He was awesome mate. A real force of nature at his best. Combining aspects of Gerrard and Shearer if we look close to home. Brutal in his early years with game intelligence to match and one of the best counter attackers we've seen in years, and that's some compliment in our teams.

Would be great to free up his salary for other areas we need to improve. Too bad it is supposed to be a free transfer, I just hope we are not on the hook for any of his wages.

Quality player and great asset in his prime; tarnished his legacy with his attempts to attain a pay rise or leave, but he still played a key role in the successes of Sir Alex's final decade in charge.

I can see Everton reinvigorating him somewhat; expect an Indian Summer in his career as he returns home. They've been fantastic in the market in the past 12 months and I can see them making a valid challenge for the top 4.

Will always be thankful for Rooney as a player and what he did for the club. Helped us win trophies and worked hard for the team.I have many memories of celebrating important goals he scored and he gave me alot of joy over the years.

If he leaves i wish him the best. (Just not against United)

Used to be a huge fan of his, but i lost some respect when he held the club for ransom a couple of times when he knew United did not afford to lose him cause lack of quality players at the time. A club legend does not do that. Giggs or Scholesy never did that.

Quality player and great asset in his prime; tarnished his legacy with his attempts to attain a pay rise or leave, but he still played a key role in the successes of Sir Alex's final decade in charge.

I can see Everton reinvigorating him somewhat; expect an Indian Summer in his career as he returns home. They've been fantastic in the market in the past 12 months and I can see them making a valid challenge for the top 4.
Top 4? No chance.

Its possible the everton move will remotivate him. Ive felt for a while that he was going through the motions here.

It must be said that he has been very professional the past year in what has been a difficult season for him.

Rooney will be lucky to score 10 goals this season. I expect him to be booted out of Everton, or sent to The U23s within 12 months.

He is completely finished. It's amazing that Koeman wants to undo all the good work he's done there. This will cripple them.

Let's be serious for a minute here, there's a lot of people that are being silly with comments regarding Rooney. Him leaving would be great business for us, we'd save an absolute fortune on wages, as long as we don't give them to an incoming player who's going to take 2-3 years to start deserving those wages, or worse, play badly, get loaned out and then leave eventually to another club.

Rooney himself has done an awful lot in a United shirt for the past 13 years. He's won trophies, scored some incredible goals, and he's ran things for us on the pitch for a number of games. Not forgetting, yeah we pay Rooney a lot in terms of wages in recent years, but how much has Rooney earned us in league finishes, merchandise sales etc.

And finally, Is 253 goal, 16 trophy Wayne Rooney a legend? If Rooney isn't a legend, then neither is Sir Bobby, Denis or George

Happy days.. When United are losing/drawing and Jose looks at the bench for an impact sub, I'm glad Rooney won't be there as an option to mess everything up on the pitch.

Im sorry but we need to stop this whole charity attitude of selling players.

We should be getting 20m+ for Rooney in this current market, not letting him go for free so he can join his boyhood club.

Im sorry but we need to stop this whole charity attitude of selling players.

We should be getting 20m+ for Rooney in this current market, not letting him go for free so he can join his boyhood club.

Getting him off the wage book is worth £30m.

Status
Not open for further replies.