Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best bit of news in weeks, I knew we'd never get any money for him, he was always going to stamp his feet about going anywhere but Everton so we'd have to smooth the path there.

So apparently he will join them on a free as long as he does not ask us to pay up his final 2 years of the contract.

Everton will pay the full 250k per week, no contribution from United.

Is that what the Sun's saying? That doesn't make much sense. Their highest paid player right now is Lukaku at 90k per week. They'd be shattering their wage structure for a clearly past it Rooney...

I'm half expecting him to be a relative success at Everton. I'd be happy for him in all honesty.
I hope he does well purely due to his contribution to United, I grew up watching him bag goals (and grannies) for us, it's a shame how shit he's gone. I hope he re-captures somewhat of what made him good.

Heard from a fairly concrete source that he would be going back to Everton once he broke Sir Bobby's record, and that he is secretly fed up with being dropped and has absolutely no intention of going to China. I would stake a fair wedge of money on this happening in the summer
I did call this way back in February and as I said at the time my source was Wayne Sr. whom I met in Liverpool. I stand to make £300 :)

I did call this way back in February and as I said at the time my source was Wayne Sr. whom I met in Liverpool. I stand to make £300 :)
That's more than we'll make.

Is that what the Sun's saying? That doesn't make much sense. Their highest paid player right now is Lukaku at 90k per week. They'd be shattering their wage structure for a clearly past it Rooney...

£250k a week isn't much when you consider they are getting him on a free. Probably be a 12 month contract with the option to extend.

Best transfer of the season
Would not go that far but it is definitely a start. This is something we've all (okay, most) have been wanting for the past 2-3 seasons. Rooney moving on opens up space in the squad. Those worried we aren't signing anyone should feel a sense of relief.

The fat man has spoken from the sun, he knows something. We are going to get bent over the table in this one, watch penny pinching Everton getting an amazing deal.

So with Zlatan gone and now Wayne to follow.. leave and us incredibly short up front.. signing Morata just wouldn't be enough.

It was a real shame he couldn't have looked after himself a bit better and got more wonderful performances out of him, because he was remarkable at his peak. Wish him well and hope he can rediscover some form at Everton.

The fat man has spoken from the sun, he knows something. We are going to get bent over the table in this one, watch penny pinching Everton getting an amazing deal.

We deserve it for giving him that deal in the first place. Right now we need him gone, we need to move on.

Its massive in terms of freeing up wage space for new players. If you combine this with Schmidfield, Memphis, and Ibra, that's nearly £1m a week in savings.

True, the best thing is that now we can afford to pay the wage of the best player in the world, Alvaro Morata.

It was a real shame he couldn't have looked after himself a bit better and got more wonderful performances out of him, because he was remarkable at his peak. Wish him well and hope he can rediscover some form at Everton.
Imagine if he had Zlatan or Ronaldo's dedication to his health and fitness.

True, the best thing is that now we can afford to pay the wage of the best player in the world, Alvaro Morata.

It would definitely rebalance our wages to where we could go after the best players in the world and pay them accordingly.

It's an odd move from Everton I'll be honest. He was pretty embarrassing when he got a run in the team at the end of last season, if he wasn't a former boyhood Evertonian they'd not want him at all.

Still it's a nice story for them in one way I suppose, the prodigal son returns and all that.

I am sorry to tell the cafe...

I had to put my Akita to sleep this weekend gone, after 16 long years of being my best buddy!

On the plus side...

They gave me a good price to do 31year old scousers on a 2 for 1 special

Wow, we really need to make quite a few attacking signings. It's really becoming quite thin up front (insert overweight Rooney joke here).

I'm half expecting him to be a relative success at Everton. I'd be happy for him in all honesty.
I really really can't see it. Perhaps the first few weeks he might actually use the gym facilities for the first time in 5 years and put in some moderate displays on the field but the motivation will quickly wear off. I would expect him to be phased out to the bench by Koeman around October / early November and then possibly shipped out to China / America in January (definitely the summer) for a last pay check then retiring soon after. I wouldn't be surprised if he called it quits around 2019ish.

My prediction is he will get a goal or two quickly which will reignite the Rooney for England debate. Then there will be a massive drought lasting until December when he will pick up an 'injury'. After he's cured he will get just a couple of starts without any big impact. Will be in LA as soon as the season is over.

Relieved but quite sad. Another 00's hero gone. Carrick and maybe Valencia the only ones left
This is me. It was time for him to go, but at the same time I'm actually quite sad to see him go because of the great memories he gave us. Yeah his football has been dog cack of late, but I hope that doesn't cloud the memories for fans when thinking about his time with us, because at a stage in his career with us he was nothing short of brilliant.

I expect us to pay off rooneys contract/continue paying his wages and him to join Everton on 100-150k a week on a 2 year deal. Either way, we're getting fleeced and almost have no option...

Status
Not open for further replies.