Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the point of taking moral high ground by Rooney, Neville and anyone else who support Rooney. He has been poor and mediocre club level at best in previous couple of years. I hate it when such things come out in the press accusing Man United for mishandling and blah blah while his own camp spread news like "Rooney wants to run down his contract'.

Well so be it then, just run your contract down and leave this club. Club doesn't start you anymore because you are bang average, accept it. You have one year remaining, stay on the bench, get your cheque and bow out.

So the argument that he's a club legend and what he's done in his career means we should be happy to have him is the equivalent of getting Scholes out of retirement. They're both finished at the top level, only difference is the other is retired.

So the argument that he's a club legend and what he's done in his career means we should be happy to have him is the equivalent of getting Scholes out of retirement. They're both finished at the top level, only difference is the other is retired.

Today its reported that the "club legend" is considering taking up his optional additional 1 year contract so we could be stuck with him for another 2 years . Sir Alex should have moved him out before he was replaced by that clown Moyes , Some legend.

I know this will sound a bit daft, but do you reckon someone like Newcastle could afford him?

He could have a decent last few years there. Become a cult hero.

I dunno... I really do wish he could find form again for us, but he's just SOOOOOO shit.

The only rumour that's mildly interesting is the Stoke one. He wouldn't have to move far and Hughes is the type of manager who would think Rooney is still one of the best players in the league. That rumour was in the press weeks ago though and we haven't heard anything since, so even Stoke know it's not worthwhile.

Today its reported that the "club legend" is considering taking up his optional additional 1 year contract so we could be stuck with him for another 2 years . Sir Alex should have moved him out before he was replaced by that clown Moyes , Some legend.
He can't really do that, can he? It's the club who has the option of extending the contract, not him.

I'm not saying I believe it.
I think it's a moot point. The club says he has a contract till 2019.
He still has two years left.
I didn't mean you, just generally for that idea to have become a thing.

Yes, his contract was a straight 5 years.

I doubt that is true, if it is, the club is really daft to have given him that option.

The club gave him 300k per week after he had been diagnosed as been finished by our best ever manager , it was a daft contract to start with .

Surely if the option is his, the club would have inserted some targets for him to achieve in the season prior to the option being exercised.

Rooney will leave, just a matter of time. He knows he won't start matches at Utd next season.

Jose has done a cracking job at phasing him out.

I think he will stay for this season at least.

If rumours are true and we only sign 1 striker, in Morata then it wouldn't be as bad as some are making out.

While Rooney's form hasn't been great over the last season or so, with his limited game time last season he knows he is not a regular starter and his experience can help the youngsters in Rashford and Martial.

If Morata is injured, then we need options and with no other signings in the front line, a back up of rashford, martial then rooney isn't too bad.

Some comments here regarding Rooney are far too harsh

Rooney will leave, just a matter of time. He knows he won't start matches at Utd next season.

Jose has done a cracking job at phasing him out.

Why would Rooney leave when he get paid such absurdly massive wages and no other club is going to pay him remotely as much?

It seems a bit optimistic to think that he'll give all that up just so he can play more football.

Why would Rooney leave when he get paid such absurdly massive wages and no other club is going to pay him remotely as much?

It seems a bit optimistic to think that he'll give all that up just so he can play more football.
Well he is only 31 and still wants to go to the World Cup next summer.

A year/two of huge wages pissing about with the reserves could cut his career short and mean that he yeilds less overall.

Everton have not ruled out a deal to bring Wayne Rooney back to Goodison Park, Sky sources understand.

The 31-year-old is likely to leave Manchester United this summer, having found opportunities limited under Jose Mourinho last season.

The United captain, who left Everton for Old Trafford in 2004 as an 18-year-old, has previously said the Toffees remain one of only two Premier League clubs he would play for.

Sky Sports News HQ also understands Everton have identified Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud as a forward option, with Romelu Lukaku having said he has reached "an agreement" with another Premier League club.

Any deal for Giroud would be dependent on agreeing an appropriate price with Arsenal, while the Frenchman is also the subject of interest from West Ham, according to Sky sources.

Giroud scored 16 goals last season, but started only 11 Premier League matches with manager Arsene Wenger preferring to deploy Alexis Sanchez in a central striking role.

Arsenal could complete their own big-money signing for a striker "within the next day or two", Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has confirmed, with Alexandre Lacazette close to a club record £43.8m move.
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/10935185/wayne-rooney-return-to-everton-not-ruled-out

Can't Villa come up with a nice payment package for him like Terry. He might shine in that league, he sure isn't premier league quality anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.