Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, Rooney best chance of getting into the England squad is actually to stay at United and get back into the squad. His best chance is to play in the WC is to play regularly for a team that dominate possession, and right now I think he has a better chance at doing that at United than moving. Ultimately he won't be picked because he is not good enough, but I don't think he'll have a better chance if he leave United to play for some second tier team on subsidized wages.
He will hardly play at United.

His best chance is to go to a team that will play him in midfield. Mourinho said that he wont, on his first day on the job(amazing management from Jose there)

Rooney should not go to the WC in either case. If England want to give out a ceremonial spot, why not give it to a member of the U20 world cup team like Brazil basically did with Ronaldo in 94 or England with Walcott in 2006

To salvage his career. It really is that fecking simple.

He has won everything at club level - nothing to prove there to himself or anyone! His international career is finished, anyway England are shite and wont be winning anything.
He has nothing to salvage

If he's got any of professionalism and passion left in him.

His astronomical wages will supersede any passion or professionalism -

He is not going anywhere unless the following conditions are met!

1. Wages matched for at least 2 years
2. 1st Team football
3. Number 2 with a club playing in the PL that he wont have to uproot his family for.

Probably all of which are near impossible to guarantee.

He is going to stay - he wont play much but he is going to stay. You ole romantics need to get a grip. Why the actual fook would he move for a paycut to a shitter team or halfway across the world for a pay packet similar?

THe only way he is going is if some foreign club offers him 400 or 500 k a week - then he has to think about it

He has won everything at club level - nothing to prove there to himself or anyone
You can forget that. We are Man Utd, every single player has something to prove EVERY SINGLE TIME they pull on the shirt, namely that they still deserve to be at Utd and start games. That shit about nothing to prove is exactly why the bloke has turned to shit.

So no news here?

FFS

Can you take this chat to the united forum.... you are getting all our hopes up of good news only to let us down with the usual polarised opinion chat

Last edited:
For me, Rooney best chance of getting into the England squad is actually to stay at United and get back into the squad. His best chance is to play in the WC is to play regularly for a team that dominate possession, and right now I think he has a better chance at doing that at United than moving. Ultimately he won't be picked because he is not good enough, but I don't think he'll have a better chance if he leave United to play for some second tier team on subsidized wages.
Defoe forced his way to the England setup while playing for Sunderland, he worked hard and scored as much as he could. Rooney moving to a lower side in the league could do the same, his pride and ego won't let him. He clearly doesn't think he's in decline and slowing down. Rooney has zero chance of getting into the England team while staying at United, he's not going to play. It has nothing to do with possession, he's done at this level.

Like I say, I can't remember many matches, if any, where his commitment was questioned?! Please, enlighten me.

You said How he performs/commitment he gives has never been in question when the former is obviously not true.

You can forget that. We are Man Utd, every single player has something to prove EVERY SINGLE TIME they pull on the shirt, namely that they still deserve to be at Utd and start games. That shit about nothing to prove is exactly why the bloke has turned to shit.

I get your romantic angle - BUT ---

Regardless of whether he still deserves to be at United and playing ---- He has a contract and the club have to honour it or develop an exit plan for him that wont see him out of pocket.

So the bleakness of it is - he has nothing to prove....he can sit and take his wages and be a prick and unprofessional and blah blah blah - he is not going anywhere

Agreed, he's not been great. But I have never questioned his commitment...
No, but you said his performance/commitment can not be questioned, firstly his performance most certainly can be questioned. Hes been dire for a long time. and Youcould make a case to question his commitment, how many seasons has he come back from the summer woefully out of shape for an alleged professional athlete? That is hardly commited in my eyes.

I get your romantic angle - BUT ---

Regardless of whether he still deserves to be at United and playing ---- He has a contract and the club have to honour it or develop an exit plan for him that wont see him out of pocket.

So the bleakness of it is - he has nothing to prove....he can sit and take his wages and be a prick and unprofessional and blah blah blah - he is not going anywhere
Not disagreeing with that mate, we made this increasingly stinky piss stained bed and have to lie in it, but from a performance point of view he has everything to prove.

No, but you said his performance/commitment can not be questioned, firstly his performance most certainly can be questioned. Hes been dire for a long time. and Youcould make a case to question his commitment, how many seasons has he come back from the summer woefully out of shape for an alleged professional athlete? That is hardly commited in my eyes.

Hence why I say he has let himself down. Like I say, I've watched him many a time and thought he's been rubbish, like every single player I've seen at some point, but I don't remember Rooney pulling out of a challenge, showing a desire to track his man back etc etc.

Hence why I say he has let himself down. Like I say, I've watched him many a time and thought he's been rubbish, like every single player I've seen at some point, but I don't remember Rooney pulling out of a challenge, showing a desire to track his man back etc etc.

You clearly watch a different tv sets these last 3 years

Not disagreeing with that mate, we made this increasingly stinky piss stained bed and have to lie in it, but from a performance point of view he has everything to prove.

Agreed - his situation wasnt considered by the money men

His only motivation can be to prove to people he isnt over the hill. Thats a physcological barrier he has to get over.

But if he doesnt get over it he still pulls his cash into his account every payday....so how does he motivate himself to do such a thing.

Wayne Rooney

His own perspective (hypothetically) on his situation

Positives

Huge House
Nice little family
Settled near where he grew up
Loads and Loads of Money
Countless Trophies and awards
Captain of his country and one of the biggest clubs in the world for ages
Leading scorer for his club and country
2 more years of money being pumped in

Negatives

Loads of people he doenst know dissing him
Some people might resent him for being shit and taking such a massive wage

Me personally - id be saying to the club - Im staying and I will try my best to get into the team. If the manager doesnt want to play me thats his choice - I am available.
Then its up to the club to find him a home or honour the agreement they made with him.

Himself personally, he has won and done it all - he has nothing left to do in the game.

His only motivation can be to prove to people he isnt over the hill. Thats a physcological barrier he has to get over.

But if he doesnt get over it he still pulls his cash into his account every payday....so how does he motivate himself to do such a thing.

Wayne Rooney

Positives

Huge House
Nice little family
Loads and Loads of Money

Negatives

Me personally - id be saying to the club - Im staying and I will try my best to get into the team. If the manager doesnt want to play me thats his choice - I am available.
Then its up to the club to find him a home or honour the agreement they made with him.

Himself personally, he has won and done it all - he has nothing left to do in the game.
Spot on. And, to be fair, he still gets a good reception every time he plays or comes on as sub by the paying fans so even one of your negatives he will be fairly oblivious to.

Please, name me any particular games that stood out in those 3 years, where his commitment was questioned?

You said how he performs can not be questioned ffs, his performance and commitment can be questioned in every game he played, for instance can you not remember Zlatan give him that look when he was just strolling about .

Anyway I give up with you if you think his performance can't be questioned because if you believe that then you're a wum.

You said how he performs can not be questioned ffs, his performance and commitment can be questioned in every game he played, for instance can you not remember Zlatan give him that look when he was just strolling about .

Anyway I give up with you if you think his performance can't be questioned because if you believe that then you're a wum.

Who is arguing that Rooneys performances cannot be questioned? He's been dogshit on the pitch for around 3 years now.... It isn't even a debate

I also then said, his commitment. Performance/commitment was the wrong context but I meant his attitude whilst on the pitch.

Zlatan? How can you use him as an example? There were many a times last season his performance was very lackluster. However, attitude/commitment wasn't in question...

No disrespect to you mate, but this argument just sounds naive and over-sentimental. Yes he's achieved a lot for United and the fans but he's been paid a ridiculous amount for doing so. He’s playing for money, not love. We owe him nothing.

Yeah not sure I agree with you either but fair enough.

Wayne Rooney

Positives

Huge House
Nice little family
Loads and Loads of Money

Negatives

If he has nothing left to do he should do us all a favour and feck off.

The all time leading scorer for the country's biggest club, and national team? A key component of Manchester United's most successful ever era?

No, just a fat wanker who once scored a volley against Newcastle.

Christ, the state of you.
Ironically that was when he was not the star man. Was he? Neither did he ever won any individual accolodat on a country or continent level. By default if you stay at this club for a long time and you are part of a successful team created by Fergie, you are bound to score lots of goals.
And considering his wonderful performances in the last 4 seasons I'd be inclined to think Ronaldo has a better career. And if you are doubting that then I won't argue anymore

Ironically that was when he was not the star man. Was he? Neither did he ever won any individual accolodat on a country or continent level. By default if you stay at this club for a long time and you are part of a successful team created by Fergie, you are bound to score lots of goals.
And considering his wonderful performances in the last 4 seasons I'd be inclined to think Ronaldo has a better career. And if you are doubting that then I won't argue anymore

What are you talking about? Nobody ever said he was better than Ronaldo. I was just responding to the ridiculous assertion that the most notable memory of his career was a volley against Newcastle. Basically, crackpot stuff.

Come on Everton, you're splashing the cash, whack him 200k a week and bring your hero back.

We'll stick a few mill in to cover the shortfall, and everyone wins!

Wasn't he suppose back in training 3 weeks early but seen pics of him in Ibiza with a pot belly!!!

See redthrunthru posts.

@ravi2 , please do.

I've read your posts and i agree his attitude and commitment is good but he isn't the player he once was and would even struggle in the MLS at this stage. He isn't worth his salary or spot on the team. He hasn't been playing at an elite level for years and is here purely based on his name at this stage.

Its in his and our best interests to part ways.

What are you talking about? Nobody ever said he was better than Ronaldo. I was just responding to the ridiculous assertion that the most notable memory of his career was a volley against Newcastle. Basically, crackpot stuff.
It's not. We all have flash bulb memories. Some great goals stand out. Or some extra ordinary performances. Or some of those seasons stand out like the one which Ronaldo had post Rooney incident at euros. He carried the whole team. Likewise for RVP in our last title winning season. You please tell me a season in which Rooney carried the whole team. He was a great workhorse but carrying the whole team for the whole season; that would have been flash bulb memory for us all. Now unless, you actually have some stats to back up what you are claiming I'd say you are more emotional than you actually think

It's not. We all have flash bulb memories. Some great goals stand out. Or some extra ordinary performances. Or some of those seasons stand out like the one which Ronaldo had post Rooney incident at euros. He carried the whole team. Likewise for RVP in our last title winning season. You please tell me a season in which Rooney carried the whole team. He was a great workhorse but carrying the whole team for the whole season; that would have been flash bulb memory for us all. Now unless, you actually have some stats to back up what you are claiming I'd say you are more emotional than you actually think

Again, wtf are you talking about? I never even mentioned him carrying the team. I think you are talking to the wrong person.

If he has nothing left to do he should do us all a favour and feck off.

Yeah he should but let's get real here.

Is he going to feck off for a pay cut.?
Is he fook. !!

Or let's look at it this way.... does he deserve to be allowed to see out his contract after all he has done for the team?

He's here for one more year at least

Has there been any concrete offers for Rooney at any point during this window. Specifically Everton, the MLS or China even? I ask simply because I cannot recall one and wondered if I had perhaps missed something.

The lack of interest actually surprise's me somewhat, sure he has declined significantly over the years, but his brand is still huge. Big enough for the MLS anyway.

I've read your posts and i agree his attitude and commitment is good but he isn't the player he once was and would even struggle in the MLS at this stage. He isn't worth his salary or spot on the team. He hasn't been playing at an elite level for years and is here purely based on his name at this stage.

Its in his and our best interests to part ways.

Thank you. I think you summed up what my point was. All I was trying to say was, he demands more respect within the Cafe than he gets. He definitely is respected by the knowledgeable fans, home and away surpoters who chant his name. But yes, he should wind down his career elsewhere.

For 10% of Rooney's wages ill show the most commitment ever shown by a footballer. I might never score a goal or do anything useful but my commitment will never be in doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.