Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Neville is expecting a resolution to Wayne Rooney's future at Manchester United shortly.

The United legend admitted some surprise that an announcement had not been made on the club captain's status at Old Trafford ahead of next season.

Neville told ITV: "I thought there would have been a statement around Wayne Rooney's future already. I thought it would have been organised pretty quickly at the end of the season to stop this void, this speculation.

"I would imagine it is going to happen quickly. They are going to have to announce it in terms of whether they are going to keep him next season or whether he is going to move somewhere else.

"Sometimes these moves, if he is going to move, take time, and sometimes the player himself would need to reflect upon the fact that it is a big decision to leave such a huge club and whether he wants to do that.

"Like I said, I am surprised it hasn't been dealt with already."
Reading between the lines, I think that Gary feels he should leave.

I honestly think the Carrick Testimonial might have hurt us in terms of selling him for any sort of fee. He was taking it deadly serious, arguing with the ref, getting frustrated, etc and yet Jamie Carragher had him in his pocket.

I honestly think the Carrick Testimonial might have hurt us in terms of selling him for any sort of fee. He was taking it deadly serious, arguing with the ref, getting frustrated, etc and yet Jamie Carragher had him in his pocket.

I'd like to think we'd give him away for nothing. I would've at any point in the last 2 years.

Loyal servant. Deserves to be able to move where he wants. Club don't want fee to be a stumbling block to a transfer. Blah Blah. Yadda yadda.

I'd like to think we'd give him away for nothing. I would've at any point in the last 2 years.

Loyal servant. Deserves to be able to move where he wants. Club don't want fee to be a stumbling block to a transfer. Blah Blah. Yadda yadda.

Yeah, unless he was going to China I can't see us getting a fee for him - and for both party's sake we should let him go on a free. Just getting his wages off the books would be a huge financial benefit

Its embarassing that he is not even trying to put in more hard work and improve his fitness for any other club to have an intrest.

Hardly surprising considering the fortunes of the two players. One is going to be remembered as a football great and other , well! We do have his volley against New Castle and over head against city ...

The all time leading scorer for the country's biggest club, and national team? A key component of Manchester United's most successful ever era?

No, just a fat wanker who once scored a volley against Newcastle.

Christ, the state of you.

The all time leading scorer for the country's biggest club, and national team? A key component of Manchester United's most successful ever era?

This is the problem with him staying, the more he stays the more his legacy is ruined. People will forget just how incredible he was.

Its embarassing that he is not even trying to put in more hard work and improve his fitness for any other club to have an intrest.

Why would he?
He's on holiday until pre season.

He's staying. You all need to accept that.

and finished at 30 , and now takes up space as an overpaid and fat prostitute

Only a Chinese club would pay him his current wages, and he's probably not keen on going there. Hence, he'll stay. As long as it is on the bench or the stands, I couldnt care less nowadays

Only a Chinese club would pay him his current wages, and he's probably not keen on going there. Hence, he'll stay. As long as it is on the bench or the stands, I couldnt care less nowadays

the point is that keeping that mess and his 300k per week stops the recruitment of one or possibly 2 top class players . time to leave him out of the squad to train with the under 10s if he decides to stay .

the point is that keeping that mess and his 300k per week stops the recruitment of one or possibly 2 top class players . time to leave him out of the squad to train with the under 10s if he decides to stay .
It doesnt. First, we have enough money and 2nd, we offloaded some expensive players already. With the 2nd part I can agree though :)

It doesnt. First, we have enough money and 2nd, we offloaded some expensive players already. With the 2nd part I can agree though :)
It does.
There are restriction on how much EPL clubs can increase their wage expenditure by.

He's achieved far to much for us to treat him like this. Like it or not he will have legendary status. His legs have gone and hopefully he will also but I wouldn't banish him but if he struggles for game time fair enough.

He's achieved far to much for us to treat him like this. Like it or not he will have legendary status. His legs have gone and hopefully he will also but I wouldn't banish him but if he struggles for game time fair enough.

Yeah unfortunately your right, he is the club record scorer, captain and been with the team for over a decade. If he stays, you have to put up with him and give him a spot on the bench. It would look seriously bad to the outside world to do otherwise.

He isn't going anywhere with contract he is on and as someone said earlier, mentally he is gone and doesn't have the fight or ambition to reinvent himself- certainly not if he stays.

I didn't say that is likely to happen, only that I agree that if he stays that there is no room to start games. Whether he is a legend or not should not matter, we need to play those players who can contribute

Has he not returned to pre-season training two weeks early to do just that?

I think he's decided to give it one last shot and get himself as fit as he can, in order to fight for a place.

If he's not successful at least he's got £300k per week to console himself.

The antithesis of the De Gea thread. Every time it gets bumped, there' a glimmer of hope...

Whether Rooney stays or goes, United will likely still have to pick up the lion's share of his wages. Him staying has very little impact on our year-on-year wage increase restrictions.

Scheinstiger had achieved an awful lot more in the game and his demise was not down to his attitude, lifestyle or actions.

Has he not returned to pre-season training two weeks early to do just that?

I think he's decided to give it one last shot and get himself as fit as he can, in order to fight for a place.

If he's not successful at least he's got £300k per week to console himself.

While shaw , young rojo even zlatan has.

The antithesis of the De Gea thread. Every time it gets bumped, there' a glimmer of hope...

Whether Rooney stays or goes, United will likely still have to pick up the lion's share of his wages. Him staying has very little impact on our year-on-year wage increase restrictions.
Sad but true. I think the club has made peace with that - knowing he'll be on the books until his contract expires.
It all comes down to him. If he loves the club so much, more than the prospect of playing in the next WC, he'll stay. Because regardless of where he ends up he'll be picking the same wages, whether we pay it all or pay the difference between what he earns now and what he'll earn if he moves. However, that would mean the season after his MU contract expires he'll have to get a major pay cut, unless he decides to sign with someone for a year only (only to try getting game time so he can make it to Russia) and then moves to USA or China.
Good news is Mourinho did faze him out of the starting 11 (what the majority of fans wanted) and worst case scenario we'll have to put up with him for no more than a season.

This is'nt jumping on the 'haters' bandwagon but Rooney has never endeared himself to me, unless he was smashing in goals or driving the team to a win, for some reason I simply have never warmed to the bloke, however I appreciate what he has done for the club and don't begrudge him his fame and fortune, but surely he does'nt want to hang around if he is'nt playing (which hopefully he won't), it should'nt be about his contract, it's a thing called pride.

Rooney has been brilliant for this club. People will always hold him wanting to leave for City for more money, a tactic used by a guy who's name they sing at Old Trafford every game and is beheld has a legend. This guy also pushed for a move away from the club, soon as we were just reaping the rewards, for all the hard labour we had put in for him.

Rooney is a club legend. Has won every viable trophy at the club. Broke the clubs goal scoring record and set us on the path of glory. Yes he is not the player he once was. He has let himself down in his later years but there were not many, if any, occasions whereby I thought he didn't give his 100% for the club. He should never be abused.

This is'nt jumping on the 'haters' bandwagon but Rooney has never endeared himself to me, unless he was smashing in goals or driving the team to a win, for some reason I simply have never warmed to the bloke, however I appreciate what he has done for the club and don't begrudge him his fame and fortune, but surely he does'nt want to hang around if he is'nt playing (which hopefully he won't), it should'nt be about his contract, it's a thing called pride.

Some journo (IRRC on BBC) described Rooney's relationship towards MU as professional. He knew he would win trophies with us that's why he moved to United.

No disrespect to you mate, but this argument just sounds naive and over-sentimental. Yes he's achieved a lot for United and the fans but he's been paid a ridiculous amount for doing so. He’s playing for money, not love. We owe him nothing.

Rooney has been brilliant for this club. People will always hold him wanting to leave for City for more money, a tactic used by a guy who's name they sing at Old Trafford every game and is beheld has a legend. This guy also pushed for a move away from the club, soon as we were just reaping the rewards, for all the hard labour we had put in for him.

Rooney is a club legend. Has won every viable trophy at the club. Broke the clubs goal scoring record and set us on the path of glory. Yes he is not the player he once was. He has let himself down in his later years but there were not many, if any, occasions whereby I thought he didn't give his 100% for the club. He should never be abused.
If he's drinking, smoking and overweight that counts as not giving 100% mate.

Should try a loan deal for the rest of his contract to feck, it annoys me so much at this point. He is never getting back in to this side, he knows this. We could be paying 2 brilliant new players for the money he gets a week. Have some pride Wayne and take a step down and fight to get to the wc next year. Instead of drinking in ibiza on holiday like you deserve it. You hardly played since January you tit.

For me, Rooney best chance of getting into the England squad is actually to stay at United and get back into the squad. His best chance is to play in the WC is to play regularly for a team that dominate possession, and right now I think he has a better chance at doing that at United than moving. Ultimately he won't be picked because he is not good enough, but I don't think he'll have a better chance if he leave United to play for some second tier team on subsidized wages.

If he's drinking, smoking and overweight that counts as not giving 100% mate.

As I said, this is where he let's himself down. My main concern is when he's got our shirt on and how he performs/commitment he gives. That bit has never been in question.

If he gets on the bench whilst there are still players who have two legs and are able to stand up then he must have pics of Woody and Jose with goats. there is no other explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.