Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why would United even consider paying his contract? Can you give a single example of a footballer being sacked under similar circumstances? Why didn't we just sack Schweinsteiger?

Contractually he didn't do anything wrong if he's drinking and smoking in his leisure time. But morally and professional ethic wise he's very inconsiderate.

I could go binge drinking and still come at work on time, but my work will be affected by my off hour drinking it's irresponsible on my side.

Specially when you're paid the best top 5 wages in your business, you have some duty of care to go in ready to work.

Contractually he didn't do anything wrong if he's drinking and smoking in his leisure time. But morally and professional ethic wise he's very inconsiderate.

I could go binge drinking and still come at work on time, but my work will be affected by my off hour drinking it's irresponsible on my side.

Specially when you're paid the best top 5 wages in your business, you have some duty of care to go in ready to work.
That may very well be the case but it's not really what I was talking about. If there was anything in his contract that strictly prohibited him from doing those things then it's unlikely he'd still be a Utd player. As it is there's no way it is and there's no point pretending that being a footballer is the same as having a more run of the mill job.

There are ways management forced out shits that won't flush binded by contract.

In crueler company they still pay your salary, but took away your job, and put you in some corner with nothing to do (and plugged out the internet). Nobody last more than 1 mth, normally took a week or so until they resign themselves.

That sounds amazing. I'd love that to happen to me!

apparently united cropped him out of the facebook cover picture? Surely that's a sign of him leaving?

Maybe that's a sign of us starting to take a tough stance with him.

All a game of bluff on both sides ATM. My money is on Jose/Ed.

The problem is wages. Your suggestion wouldn't solve that

Looking at just wages or just a fee in isolation is too simplistic. Teams will typically take the total value of a transfer and amortize the cost over the duration of the contract to determine a year on year cost. So if Everton were willing to budget 12M a year to have Rooney, this could be broken down as 250K per week and a zero transfer fee, or a 24M transfer fee and 125K a week. Just as two simple examples. So reducing the fee, or letting him go on a free, absolutely does help the buying club be able to pay him the sort of wages he might accept.

Furthermore, wages are often heavily based on performance and appearances. Signing bonuses spread over the duration of the contract, etc.

I think he's going to be london based, if everton can't wrap up their new signings for expected packages. Pickford as mentioned earlier today is one of them.I wouldn't expect everton is in a position to offer him any package till they tie up rest of the signings.

considering we have lost Zlatan we have no one in this team which has been to the very top of club football like Wayne a man that has won everything possible.

Don't underestimate that experience and the value it brings to the younger and more inexperienced members of our team.

And aren't you underestimating the casual attitude it brings to those same inexperienced players who see a man who is unable to put 3 passes together get paid the most amount of money at the football club?

The whole scenario here is that once again we are dragging our heals over a possible move, wether it's buying or selling we still seem to make hard work of it, if Jose wants Wayne to stay, and I Pressume it's his choice, then just say so, if on the other hand he is no longer needed (Jose's decision) then just state the terms of his departure and wait for a deal.
The talk about his influence around the dressing room/young players etc would be pointless if he's going, some saying we should keep him at the club because of his experience are deluded, we won't pay £250,000 a week for someone to be 'good for morale', I think it's the opposite, even in Carricks Testimony he could'nt behave when playing badly, his popularity with the players must have diminished as much as it has with the fans.
Make a decision Jose, for me it has to be go.

It's not his money though, it's money he was contracted to earn but hasn't yet earn't. The point is that he is welcome to "earn" it kicking the ball about with our reserves but if his poor conditioning and lack of commitment over the past few years has meant that he needs to drop down to a lesser team (who will pay him less money) then he can absolutely feck right off if he thinks he's going to have us pay him for football he never played.

I'm surprised that there isn't a default clause or something in the contract which allows United to terminate if certain levels are not met. This is something that's always surprised me about football contracts. Every other employment contract has a concept of 'termination for cause'!

Not sure if you are familiar with contract law but a contract is a binding agreement by two or more parties in which certain conditions must be met by both. Mr Rooney is clearly in breach of his part in providing to his employer a fit or semi fit individual capable of playing football to a reasonably decent level . As for honorable , Mr Rooney has a similar level of honor as the average whiplash claimant , both are taking the other side for a ride .

Yes, but those conditions must be in the contract. Clearly, no such 'performance/ availability' conditions are there in Rooney's contract, or he would have been on the list of players released from the club! Moyes was just glad he signed Rooney for another 5 years (it was probably his 'muppet' signing), I don't think he bothered about downside protection.

The whole scenario here is that once again we are dragging our heals over a possible move, wether it's buying or selling we still seem to make hard work of it, if Jose wants Wayne to stay, and I Pressume it's his choice, then just say so, if on the other hand he is no longer needed (Jose's decision) then just state the terms of his departure and wait for a deal.

The talk about his influence around the dressing room/young players etc would be pointless if he's going, some saying we should keep him at the club because of his experience are deluded, we won't pay £250,000 a week for someone to be 'good for morale', I think it's the opposite, even in Carricks Testimony he could'nt behave when playing badly, his popularity with the players must have diminished as much as it has with the fans.

What makes you think he hasn't? Just because a manager wants someone to go, doesn't mean the player is gone the next day. Jose has probably made it clear that Rooney is no longer in his plans. However, the club needs to find a buyer, Rooney has to accept the terms of contract on offer, and even then, Rooney has to pass a 'medical'! Even if the club and Rooney manage to get the first 2 done, given his current state of affairs, satisfactorily passing a medical could become a tall ask.

The problem we've got is that I think Rooney has lost his ambition and desire. He's had a long career given the age he became a fully fledged top flight footballer, he might be only 31 but he's more 34/35 in top flight career length. Everything about his performances suggest he's burnt out and finished and if he's feeling that then can you blame him for having an easy season with us next year while picking up £300,000 every week ?

Why relocate to China on the same money when he can stay put and get easy cash ? He's played enough football and I really doubt his sole purpose is to go somewhere where he's guaranteed even more football.

By the way, no one wants him out of United more than me !

Well it's been said that 6 players have been told they can leave, and Rooney is one if them. So Jose has made a decision. Now it's up to Rooney to either find somewhere or stay and sit on his fat arse.

Jose doesn't want to be seen as forcing him out.

I think that Rooney, unless offered a pay off will end up staying here as he wont be offered £300,000 a week anywhere else in England. Whatever anyone thinks he is a family man and his missus, his kids schooling etc will have a massive say in it. What the club could do is supplement his wages and also give him a lot to think about. What I mean is say Everton would sign him but will only offer £130,000 a week lets say, then we offer to pay him off to the equivalent of £120,000 a week for the remainder of his contract value here. He would probably go as he gets to play for his boyhood club, his family are still in the area, and he is only a bit worse off, and he would save face. In this scenario Utd would have saved money over the long term to the tune of £180,000 a week for the length of his contract, plus have a space for a player we want here. It would also look as if the club have done as much as they can to help him.

The problem we've got is that I think Rooney has lost his ambition and desire. He's had a long career given the age he became a fully fledged top flight footballer, he might be only 31 but he's more 34/35 in top flight career length. Everything about his performances suggest he's burnt out and finished and if he's feeling that then can you blame him for having an easy season with us next year while picking up £300,000 every week ?

Why relocate to China on the same money when he can stay put and get easy cash ? He's played enough football and I really doubt his sole purpose is to go somewhere where he's guaranteed even more football.

Yeah his whole club career he's played for teams based less than 50 miles from his home so I don't buy that he will suddenly up sticks and move to China for the sake of a slightly prolonged career. Given how early he broke through he's bound to be set up for life money wise and running out his contract for £300K a week (pre tax of course) will leave him with a nice little pay off anyway.

He looks spent and I don't think he would suddenly light up the Chinese league anyway. I don't mind if he stays or goes frankly, we gave him the contract so have to honour it. I just hope he is never needed as a player because he simply can't do it anymore.

I think that Rooney, unless offered a pay off will end up staying here as he wont be offered £300,000 a week anywhere else in England. Whatever anyone thinks he is a family man and his missus, his kids schooling etc will have a massive say in it. What the club could do is supplement his wages and also give him a lot to think about. What I mean is say Everton would sign him but will only offer £130,000 a week lets say, then we offer to pay him off to the equivalent of £120,000 a week for the remainder of his contract value here. He would probably go as he gets to play for his boyhood club, his family are still in the area, and he is only a bit worse off, and he would save face. In this scenario Utd would have saved money over the long term to the tune of £180,000 a week for the length of his contract, plus have a space for a player we want here. It would also look as if the club have done as much as they can to help him.

If murmurings are true Rooney isn't willing to lose a £1.

But agree with the rest of your post, but I genuinely can't see Koeman wanting him. I can, however, see Moshiri wanting him.

It would also look as if the club have done as much as they can to help him.:rolleyes:
Handing him a contract on par with the Messis and Ronaldos of this world 3 years ago when his form and sulks were in terminal decline was generosity beyond belief .That leach has had more than enough help .

Time for the upgraded Scheinstiger treatment

It would also look as if the club have done as much as they can to help him.:rolleyes:
Handing him a contract on par with the Messis and Ronaldos of this world 3 years ago when his form and sulks were in terminal decline was generosity beyond belief .That leach has had more than enough help .

Time for the upgraded Scheinstiger treatment
Although it would stick in my craw, I think if we don't look as though we are helping him then he could be a stubborn bitch and sit here creaming money off the club for the duration of his contract. If we want him to move on, then I think Utd would have to help subsidise him. We ought to sue Moyes for the money!

Given Rooneys "Thirsty" nature and his family links I would not be at all surprised to find out he is not as "set for life" as we all assume.

I think he may need the money so can't afford to settle for less.

Given Rooneys "Thirsty" nature and his family links I would not be at all surprised to find out he is not as "set for life" as we all assume.

I think he may need the money so can't afford to settle for less.
He has a tax bill coming up.

I dont blame him if starting for now he keep his head down and mouth shut. Enjoy the salary and semi retirement. Thank you and move on.

Just don't create story, leaks, asking for his fellow media buddies for trying him in midfield or any other mumbo and jumbo.

He blatantly doesn't have any other offers does he!?

Cant imagine the holidays photos with him with his belly out in Ibiza helped his cause..

I seriously do think that an arrangement like this (although very beneficial for everyone) is very unlikely. And I am sure only 3 clubs in Premier League can afford him. United, City and Chelsea. None of them have space for him. I think, he'd most likely end up in MLS. They all speak English, he'll be a star there and main attraction. The quality of opposition is such that he can actually score a few and try regain his place for the last time in English Squad. And talking about Wages. They can give him whatever he wants. So it's a win win. I am just worried that United Asking price for him may actually scare them off. Anything above 2 million is a red flag for most of them :wenger:

Gary Neville is expecting a resolution to Wayne Rooney's future at Manchester United shortly.

The United legend admitted some surprise that an announcement had not been made on the club captain's status at Old Trafford ahead of next season.

Neville told ITV: "I thought there would have been a statement around Wayne Rooney's future already. I thought it would have been organised pretty quickly at the end of the season to stop this void, this speculation.

"I would imagine it is going to happen quickly. They are going to have to announce it in terms of whether they are going to keep him next season or whether he is going to move somewhere else.

"Sometimes these moves, if he is going to move, take time, and sometimes the player himself would need to reflect upon the fact that it is a big decision to leave such a huge club and whether he wants to do that.

"Like I said, I am surprised it hasn't been dealt with already."

I seriously do think that an arrangement like this (although very beneficial for everyone) is very unlikely. And I am sure only 3 clubs in Premier League can afford him. United, City and Chelsea. None of them have space for him. I think, he'd most likely end up in MLS. They all speak English, he'll be a star there and main attraction. The quality of opposition is such that he can actually score a few and try regain his place for the last time in English Squad. And talking about Wages. They can give him whatever he wants. So it's a win win. I am just worried that United Asking price for him may actually scare them off. Anything above 2 million is a red flag for most of them :wenger:
1 year left on his contract and we want shut of him, so a free transfer would suffice for me.

I imagine (and hope) that given the cost of his wages, he's being offered on a free transfer to whoever wants him. That's not a crazy idea is it?

What's scary is that even on a free he might not get any takers.

Gary Neville is expecting a resolution to Wayne Rooney's future at Manchester United shortly.

The United legend admitted some surprise that an announcement had not been made on the club captain's status at Old Trafford ahead of next season.

Neville told ITV: "I thought there would have been a statement around Wayne Rooney's future already. I thought it would have been organised pretty quickly at the end of the season to stop this void, this speculation.

"I would imagine it is going to happen quickly. They are going to have to announce it in terms of whether they are going to keep him next season or whether he is going to move somewhere else.

"Sometimes these moves, if he is going to move, take time, and sometimes the player himself would need to reflect upon the fact that it is a big decision to leave such a huge club and whether he wants to do that.

"Like I said, I am surprised it hasn't been dealt with already."
It's hardly that surprising, Gary.

Status
Not open for further replies.