Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 out of millions. Their fitness is too their credit, not to Rooney's discredit. Seedorf and Giggs are incredible physical specimens and rarities in the game.

Mourinho has access to much better fitness metrics than a bunch of idiots on the internet who read what they want from photos. If Rooney's level had dropped as low as Shaw's or Schweinsteiger's, he'd have been completely frozen out.
There are loads of players who have more appearances than Rooney. You're just incapable of criticising your beloved Rooney despite the evidence staring you right in the face.

Why the same training regime, the unnatural one should work more harder and specially work on abs tremendously to reach and stay on a higher level.

Abs are made in the kitchen, i.e - achieved via a disciplined diet and low bodyfat %. Given Rooney is an endomorph body type, he would have to work harder to reach such level of fitness but he has access to world class fitness coaches and chefs so he has no excuses.

There are loads of players who have more appearances than Rooney. You're just incapable of criticising your beloved Rooney despite the evidence staring you right in the face.
I support my beloved Manchester United and the players who play for the club.

2 out of millions. Their fitness is too their credit, not to Rooney's discredit. Seedorf and Giggs are incredible physical specimens and rarities in the game.

Mourinho has access to much better fitness metrics than a bunch of idiots on the internet who read what they want from photos. If Rooney's level had dropped as low as Shaw's or Schweinsteiger's, he'd have been completely frozen out.

He literally was. He only came back in because we had about 9 injuries.

I support my beloved Manchester United and the players who play for the club.

I strongly agree with this. We all support this club and all the negativity and slander against Rooney will not be good for us if he stays. People need to remember who gave him this long contract with fantastic terms, it was the club.

I want him out, make no mistake about that. But if he stays I will support him as I do with the rest of the team.

The guys you are talking about are natural athletes, yes they take excellent care of themselves, and there's no doubt Rooney could/should have done more of that, but you only have to look at his parents to see that he does not have good genes when it comes to his natural physicality. Footballers that get better when they get past 30 (physically - i.e. Faster, stronger etc) are in the extreme minority and Rooney doesn't have a naturally slim frame to rely on (unlike Giggsy for instance). That is not absolving him of blame, but everyone is different - you could feed 2 guys exactly the same diet, and give them the same training regime, but they won't output the same in terms of performance because their bodies are different.
Messi supposedly had health issues with bad diet and always eating chocolate/fizzy pop which around his mid 20s was starting to affect him. He made the effort to change his diet slimmed down and the chubby face disappeared. You talk like Rooney is a prisoner in his own body, he was blessed with natural gifts which when left him doesn't have the willpower to make those needed sacrifices. 2 years ago even Keane said on ITV he looks unfit

Look at him at the Brazil World Cup, he slimmed down for it doing extra isolated training, he just doesn't feel the lifestyle is worth it. He has achieved greatness, and to quote the man 'has nothing to prove' anymore

If he's happy to play a squad role then it's hardly the worst thing if he does stay as some are saying. I didn't hear any murmurings about him stirring up any issues last season when he was quite smoothly removed from the first team, so presumably if he did stay he wouldn't kick up issues either. Yes he get's paid a lot but ultimately when you look at our finances I doubt it will be an issue for one more season and in fact he could play a positive role in the dressing room with his experience and he's not so bad that he's got nothing to offer as a squad player.

He literally was. He only came back in because we had about 9 injuries.
That's because he has a clause in his contract that means he has to play a certain number of minutes. And if he ever did get dropped to the bench, his mates in the media would do terrible things, apparently.

That is the "i am not fat just big boned argument " , hes finished because how he acted off the field not on it
It's a bit of both imho

Abs are made in the kitchen, i.e - achieved via a disciplined diet and low bodyfat %. Given Rooney is an endomorph body type, he would have to work harder to reach such level of fitness but he has access to world class fitness coaches and chefs so he has no excuses.

Yeah, but do you not think that his body shape, plus the sheer amount of games he has played in a short period means that he was always likely to decline sooner? Fitness coaches and chefs are not magicians - they can only work with the raw materials they have in front of them.

Messi supposedly had health issues with bad diet and always eating chocolate/fizzy pop which around his mid 20s was starting to affect him. He made the effort to change his diet slimmed down and the chubby face disappeared. You talk like Rooney is a prisoner in his own body, he was blessed with natural gifts which when left him doesn't have the willpower to make those needed sacrifices. 2 years ago even Keane said on ITV he looks unfit

Look at him at the Brazil World Cup, he slimmed down for it doing extra isolated training, he just doesn't feel the lifestyle is worth it. He has achieved greatness, and to quote the man 'has nothing to prove' anymore

You think I don't agree with that? I do, I just also happen to believe that his natural physicality plus playing 600 odd games by the age of 30 has played a large part in his rapid decline too.

:lol:

Is the sexiness of our players important to you?

It's not about sexiness, abs are a measure of superior fitness, improves body's energy and aceelaration and stamina on the feild for sprints.

If he's happy to play a squad role then it's hardly the worst thing if he does stay as some are saying. I didn't hear any murmurings about him stirring up any issues last season when he was quite smoothly removed from the first team, so presumably if he did stay he wouldn't kick up issues either. Yes he get's paid a lot but ultimately when you look at our finances I doubt it will be an issue for one more season and in fact he could play a positive role in the dressing room with his experience and he's not so bad that he's got nothing to offer as a squad player.
I'd rather Pereira get the minutes he would take as a squad player.
And if his qualities are still evident, why isn't he getting offers?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-wayne-rooney-start-10599678

It's the mirror.

People need to come down.

A lot of moves will go through this Summer. Still early days.
It's not only the Mirror reporting it though. Someone obviously said something. He can see out his contract as the club were extremely short sighted in giving him such a lucrative deal - I have no problem with that. My issue is he should be told in no uncertain terms that he has zero chance of even making the bench, as I don't want him taking away minutes from other younger hungrier players. Fine if he doesn't want to move on, but the club needs to.

It's not only the Mirror reporting it though. Someone obviously said something. He can see out his contract as the club were extremely short sighted in giving him such a lucrative deal - I have no problem with that. My issue is he should be told in no uncertain terms that he has zero chance of even making the bench, as I don't want him taking away minutes from other younger hungrier players. Fine if he doesn't want to move on, but the club needs to.
Or he could be saying that to strengthen his negotiating position with the club.

I am sure that we might tell him that but it will be down behind closed doors. That's the least someone of Rooney' s statute deserves.

It's just too early to be worrying this much.

Or he could be saying that to strengthen his negotiating position with the club.

I am sure that we might tell him that but it will be down behind closed doors. That's the least someone of Rooney' s statute deserves.

It's just too early to be worrying this much.
Yes it is early, and of course we'd tell him that behind closed doors, I wasn't suggesting otherwise:lol:

It's worrying because no one wants him, he doesn't want to go abroad, and he also doesn't want to take a pay cut which would give him a greater chance of getting a move and playing time. I hope there is some solution, but right now it doesn't look good.

Yes it is early, and of course we'd tell him that behind closed doors, I wasn't suggesting otherwise:lol:

It's worrying because no one wants him, he doesn't want to go abroad, and he also doesn't want to take a pay cut which would give him a greater chance of getting a move and playing time. I hope there is some solution, but right now it doesn't look good.
Other than the media rumours, the only thing that Rooney has said on record is that he has plenty of offers and that he wants to play more next season.

I believe him over the English press.

It's just too easy to label him a mercenary that doesn't want to move though.

Don't mind him as a squad player. He's a legend and while he is pretty much useless on the field now his experience off it will be valuable.

I'm glad Rooney gets more respect at OT, than he does on here.
When I was at OT, I cheered him on enough to get my throat hurting 3 days later, doesn't mean I don't want him gone. When you're at a game you are 100% behind the team no matter your personal reasoning and feelings.
(though I'd boo both Moyes and LvG if I had the chance)

Yeah, but do you not think that his body shape, plus the sheer amount of games he has played in a short period means that he was always likely to decline sooner?

If its down to mental burnout then yeh he would decline rapidly but there are zero excuses from a body shape point of view. Regardless of his body shape, he should still be able to maintain high standard of fitness levels. Rules are the same for all types of body shapes.

Fitness coaches and chefs are not magicians - they can only work with the raw materials they have in front of them.

Ofcourse it is all down to the individual himself and how hard he works at it. He has all the resources necessary made available to him to maintain high levels of fitness yet he still can't do so and it isnt down to his body shape.

I'd rather Pereira get the minutes he would take as a squad player.
And if his qualities are still evident, why isn't he getting offers?

Wages I'd imagine is why he's stuck, I'm sure if he dropped his wages clubs would take the punt on him. I don't think Mou will do him any favours re selection now he's done the hard bit and manoeuvred him out of the first team picture with most people/media in agreement it's correct. If Rooney stays, as with Pereira, he'll have to earn his way in to the team, I've got no problem with that. It's not ideal and I'm not gunning for him to stay but also don't think it's terrible as some people are saying especially where we need to make better use of the squad next season if we plan to sustain challenges across all 4 competitions.

Exactly. He had his former team mate Ronaldo as an example to follow but he chose to ignore , while Ronaldo has continued his discipline and training all his career.

Mourinho will sign at least two strikers and a winger, so as to make perfectly clear Rooney doesn't stand a chance unless as an ambassador for the club's previous success.

Don't mind him as a squad player. He's a legend and while he is pretty much useless on the field now his experience off it will be valuable.

In what way will his experience be valuable?

I don't understand this argument. In what way did it help us last season?

I'm sure there is a top player out there that would be easily swayed by the #10 shirt. Get rid of him asap.

I've felt this for a while, and I still honestly don't think you can give him away at the moment unless you heavily subsidize his wages, and even then I don't think any club would accept him that Rooney would be tempted to play for. It's a really difficult situation.

In any case, does he have one or two years left on his contract? On Uniteds own webpage it said he renewed until 2019, and no mention of a +1 option for the club. Here

Current Wayne is done. Done at EPL level, probably at any other European league top level. He is in a retirement mode and does not seem to have the will power to fight his aging and his health negligence habits. It is his right, just as it is ours not to play him while paying huge wages. Is Wayne being selfish, yes. Are we obliged to pay his wages, yes. Are we obliged to play him, no.

Just offer to buy out his contract at 1/2 to 3/4 of what it's worth, cut the losses and be done with it. There's no place for him in the squad now and i don't want him and his lifestyle choices anywhere near the young players we have coming through.

It's the mirror.

People need to come down.

A lot of moves will go through this Summer. Still early days.

Panic levels in here are so amusing. People actually complaining that we hadn't signed anyone before the transfer window had opened.
As for Rooney, either he stays or goes. Couldn't give 2 fecks what the media say about him not playing, if we have better options who are performing, then he's yesterdays news. Said all along he'd see out his contract, he won't get the option year if he's not playing. So will leave on a free next summer.
I won't be disappointed regardless of what he does. Would love to see him score a few vital goals and put in some decent performances, but if he doesn't that it'll be because someone better is ahead of him. Jose has got his handling of Rooney spot on, shame sections of fans don't appreciate that.

Wait to see what happens with Lukaku.

If Everton wanted him and Rooney loved them that much, surely he would be willing to take a pay cut otherwise he may aswell go to China as no one else will stump up his wages

Obviously loves money more than football, if he stays.

Thats not a rational statement when you take into context his Career. Hes won everything possible at PL and European level.
Hes not going to get signed by a top club at any wage so hes not winning any more club titles at a high level.

His options are China... feckin China. Uproot his family for a few years or go without them. Decent money but his family life will suffer.
Not going to happen.

Same with USA . Too much hassle and he will hardly be offered more than he is on now.

Everything points to him staying to see out his deal and why wouldn't he. He has nothing to prove on the football pitch anymore.

Anyone that expects him to do the "decent " thing and leave is deluded.
Decency won't pay his bills for the rest of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.