Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant see him going to stoke, I think he'll be in negotiations with Everton for a month or two trying to figure out the gulf in wages before he ships back there.
I go on the Everton forum and about 50% of them are positive about the deal, which is surprising, I'd love if Rooney could go back there and turn back the clock for a season or two with his boyhood club for a fairytale ending to his career... but I seriously doubt it.

Cant see him going to stoke, I think he'll be in negotiations with Everton for a month or two trying to figure out the gulf in wages before he ships back there.
I go on the Everton forum and about 50% of them are positive about the deal, which is surprising, I'd love if Rooney could go back there and turn back the clock for a season or two with his boyhood club for a fairytale ending to his career... but I seriously doubt it.
Koeman doesn't suffer fools. He could find himself on the bench pretty quickly at Everton.

China calling. although with their new tax rules it could be a problem.
I don't understand why this is an issue at all. Instead of paying us (let's say) £25m in transfer fee, it can easily be structured to be £2m in transfer fee and £23m in some kind of napkin or tissue sponsorship.

If i hire somebody to do a job for me, i am responsible for his actions during his work for me. I doubt that stretford would pull off any stunt without informing rooney and i would be even more surprised if rooney disagreed with the methods used and stretford did it anyway. Rooney and rooney alone was responsible for it, it might not have been his idea but it wouldn't have happened if he didn't agree.

Rooney can't be completely absolved of responsibility for it of course, he must have agreed with it before it was put out.

After rooney's public bitching we signed chicharito, bebe, smalling, lindegard.

No those 3 were actually before.

Next season it was ddg, jones, young and scholes. Of all those signings only ddg and jones could atleast at that time be seen as big signings to improve the team and there too ddg was a replacement for van der saar who retired, rest were average or unknown signings at best rooney didn't complain about that. Rooney even kept his trap shut when fergie decided to bring back scholes rather than buy a good mf.

Actions speak louder than words, if squad improvement was the goal not much happened but rooney never complained after that, i think it is very safe to assume why the squad isn't good enough tactic was used and it surely wasn't to improve the quality of the squad.

Anything is possible, none of us will ever know for sure. But it all being about money doesn't fit with the series of events or Ferguson's own opinion on the episode so personally i doubt that was his motivation.

He had just signed a 5 year contract, we won the league and got to the final of the CL. De Gea and Jones at the time both seemed like good signings. So at that point maybe Rooney was satisfied the club was moving in the right direction.

Koeman doesn't suffer fools. He could find himself on the bench pretty quickly at Everton.

Yea I presume that will be his destiny next season. Riding the bench for the latter half of the season. Shame though, wish him luck if thats the road he wants.

Yea I presume that will be his destiny next season. Riding the bench for the latter half of the season. Shame though, wish him luck if thats the road he wants.
At Stoke, he's pretty much a guaranteed starter.
The Everton board being split should set alarm bells ringing for him.
I don't think his Everton or nobody approach to EPL teams is a wise choice.

Must be a bitter pill to swallow though.

This time last year he has just been named MOTM in the cup final and was first choice for both club and country in his new preferred position of midfield which he probably thought would extend his career by a few years.

A year later, a benchwarmer at United and not being considered for midfield, England future in limbo.

What a turnaround.

I don't understand why this is an issue at all. Instead of paying us (let's say) £25m in transfer fee, it can easily be structured to be £2m in transfer fee and £23m in some kind of napkin or tissue sponsorship.
Unlike UEFA, who while knowing underhand deals were undermining FFP could do nothing about them legally, the Chinese government is not quite so restricted. Any such attempts would be flagrantly obvious and would be punished.

Unlike UEFA, who while knowing underhand deals were undermining FFP could do nothing about them legally, the Chinese government is not quite so restricted. Any such attempts would be flagrantly obvious and would be punished.
On the contrary, if you know the right people in the Chinese government, you get away with anything.

Must be a bitter pill to swallow though.

This time last year he has just been named MOTM in the cup final and was first choice for both club and country in his new preferred position of midfield which he probably thought would extend his career by a few years.

A year later, a benchwarmer at United and not being considered for midfield, England future in limbo.

What a turnaround.
Not so much a turnaround as being bitch slapped hard by reality. LVG getting sacked whipped the rug out from under him.

On the contrary, if you know the right people in the Chinese government, you get away with anything.
Possibly, but given this entire transfer madness began due to the Premier's hobby I'd say you're treading in dangerous waters. This isn't something that could be tucked under the rug, it'd get reported internationally in sports media and it'd get attention.

Is that headline a bit misleading? From the Guardian, that is?

They headline that 'he's made up his mind on his future', then the story goes into a narrative that he's 'to go away and make up his mind on his future'? That is a bit of sinister bait and switch headline you rarely see from the Guardian.

Anyhow, from his own point of view I think he has to weigh up the reduced playing time at United and logically whether it would make sense for him to stay in a selfish sense. If he got his head down, worked his bols off and made it back into a position as a starter then the payoff/reward would be exponentially higher at United. Exposure to the best competitions, the higher caliber silverware and the potential of organically pushing his way back through another club recruiting process into the first team offers a far better reward. Which as far as the Euro at the end of the year would put him in a much better position to make the team and sign off on a high at the tournament.

I kind of read this as a "do I stay and have a burl at the United gig of rediscovering and roll the dice on being frozen out completely and left behind? Or go and secure first team football elsewhere at the expense of dropping out of the bigger spotlight (abroad)". Kind of a big roll of the dice for him if he does make the speculated move to Everton, considering the reduced role this season produced his best contribution to the team in reduced minutes for the last three years, I don't think that is going to translate very well to going to Everton and trying to be the main man at a lower achieving club. I'm not sure if the roll of the dice will bring the same reward on that front.

However if he chooses to leave the country completely, even for the money then it suits himself and suits everyone involved with him leaving the club. I think essentially that would close the door on his England Euro sign-off dream. Getting completley out od

As much as it is the logical option that the majority on here don't want to accept. Staying around, getting his head down and possibly organically pushing back into the first team through form/attrition would be the safest option for him from his own point of view. This is a bit of a doosey decision for him to make, in truth. If he falls right off after leaving the club and misses that Euro berth if he goes out of his international career with a whimper that will be disappointing for him when he would be more than entitled to stay around until his contract expires after the Euro tournament. (With a +1 I think he has as well?)

Interesting times for him, wouldn't want to be in his shoes having to make this decision. I hope he picks the right choice for him and it works out for him and his family. He's been an amazing servant for the club and even the attempt at trying to beat up the fact that he'd make a huge fuss from the fans point of view when he quite clearly hasn't has been a bit distasteful, model professional throughout.

Good observation about the headline.

Maybe he has made up his mind to leave United but he hasn't decided on which club to join?

Good observation about the headline.

Maybe he has made up his mind to leave United but he hasn't decided on which club to join?
This is simply the case.
Miguel Delaney gave a more detailed illustration of Rooney's interview. It couldn't be more clear that he's decided to leave.

He's guaranteed to do a Steve Bruce once he retires, I doubt the attempts from his marketing team will manage to keep the weight off when he's doing punditry or flogging some betting website.

Married_With_Children_Life's_A_Beach_peg_al_bundy.JPG

Calling it now, he'll pull a Hargreaves and sign for City :wenger: his face will be all over the Welcome To Manchester signs, but he'll only make one appearance for them before retiring.

Haha i think we are probably waiting for the Chinese clubs to get SAFE approval to bring money out of china for the transfer fee. No guarantee they will get timely approval either. The dude brokering this deal (who will probably be well worth his fee) may have to arrange offshore bridge financing.

Will be very disappointed if he doesn't go to China and we don't get at least 30 for him. Cant let Chelsea make all the easy money.

This is simply the case.
Miguel Delaney gave a more detailed illustration of Rooney's interview. It couldn't be more clear that he's decided to leave.

Agree with you there.

I wouldn't be surprised if at the beginning of the season, Mourinho and Rooney sat down and they decided together that this season will be his last, and in a reduced role.

I think the whole scenario has been calculated and planned out.

Think of the mutual benefits....

Rooney gets to break Sir Bobby's record and become an absolute legend for us.

Gets another year of getting paid excellent wages

Gets a year to prepare for his departure

Mourinho gets to phase him out of the club seamlessly, with no fall-outs, both manager and player are left happy.

Agree with you there.

I wouldn't be surprised if at the beginning of the season, Mourinho and Rooney sat down and they decided together that this season will be his last, and in a reduced role.

I think the whole scenario has been calculated and planned out.

Think of the mutual benefits....

Rooney gets to break Sir Bobby's record and become an absolute legend for us.

Gets another year of getting paid excellent wages

Gets a year to prepare for his departure

Mourinho gets to phase him out of the club seamlessly, with no fall-outs, both manager and player are left happy.

I am not sure whether there was necessarily an agreement, but from the very beginning Mou looked like he planned on let him if he failed to perform.

The "Rooney is not a 6 or even 8" interview set that fully in motion.

I am not sure whether there was necessarily an agreement, but from the very beginning Mou looked like he planned on let him if he failed to perform.

Yeah, when he came out and said he would be a striker, or nothing, I think we all knew it wouldn't be long before he became the nothing option.

Haha i think we are probably waiting for the Chinese clubs to get SAFE approval to bring money out of china for the transfer fee. No guarantee they will get timely approval either. The dude brokering this deal (who will probably be well worth his fee) may have to arrange offshore bridge financing.

Will be very disappointed if he doesn't go to China and we don't get at least 30 for him. Cant let Chelsea make all the easy money.

If this is a serious post, you are a joke.

Also that one word answer "goals" when asked what he expected out of Rooney in a post pre match interview.

Like him or not,Rooney has been a great player for United but the last two seasons he has been in decline and will never be the player he once was.
His speed and close control have gone and its sad to see him trying his best but no longer being up to it.
If Everton want him....great.....but it still wont be nice to see him struggle at EPL level.
Better for him would be the more gentle MLS or China but doubtful if any clubs there would be interested.

Calling it now, he'll pull a Hargreaves and sign for City :wenger: his face will be all over the Welcome To Manchester signs, but he'll only make one appearance for them before retiring.

I don't think this would be very surprising at all. His son is already at City's Academy.

edit: well the surprising part would be - if Pep wanted to sign him!

Status
Not open for further replies.