Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recouped money? How's your maths?!!!!! We lost plenty of money, not to mention he had no interest in playing when it got tough.

Tevez decided to move TO CITY, literally to troll us and to get a big pay packet. How can you not admit they're bigger cnuts than Rooney :lol:
You have no idea if we lost money or not. The fee reported in the media isn't always 100% correct. If it's close you also have to take into account that lot of the money is tied into time at the club, games played, goals scored, contract renegoiated etc. So many clauses. There's no way we paid cash for him. There's no club that does that. Then there's the matter of how much of the fee each time goes to the agents. Like Pogba. United paid 89m pounds for him plus ~5m more in clauses that need to be met but Juventus didn't get that much for him. They got ~65m. We know that because their director of football said so.

Anyways, he was at least sold for a big fee which is good enough. Money doesn't matter. We're honestly better off spending a lot of money on players than not. If we don't it just means that there's more money for the owners.

You have no idea if we lost money or not. The fee reported in the media isn't always 100% correct. If it's close you also have to take into account that lot of the money is tied into time at the club, games played, goals scored, contract renegoiated etc. So many clauses. There's no way we paid cash for him. There's no club that does that. Then there's the matter of how much of the fee each time goes to the agents. Like Pogba. United paid 89m pounds for him plus ~5m more in clauses that need to be met but Juventus didn't get that much for him. They got ~65m. We know that because their director of football said so.

Anyways, he was at least sold for a big fee which is good enough. Money doesn't matter. We're honestly better off spending a lot of money on players than not. If we don't it just means that there's more money for the owners.
They write off investments against tax declarations.
The owners are getting their pound of flesh no matter what money is spent or not spent.

Falcao was suffering from delayed recovery from a bad ACL. Rooney is not suffering from anything, he is done!
Rooney's suffered from not taking care of himself enough. If he gets game time and dedicates himself he's still got it. Won't be amazing like he was in the past but he'll still have a lot to offer. The problem for him here is he won't get the guaranteed game time he needs to find his form.

When you watch him he still has periods where he's great but he's going up against people who are fully dedicated and pacier so when he's off it looks much worse than before when he was younger and could get away with his faults.

Would be a good choice for him if Everton don't want him, he'd get full time starting privileges and minimal pressure as Stoke aren't expected to do anything.

I have a feeling that Stoke won't be the most surprising PL club linked with him over the coming weeks.

Seems strange that Everton want him at all. How exactly is he supposed to slip into that slick, mobile team?

Was checking the Stoke forum for their opinions and I discovered they hate us, possibly one of the most one-way rivalries I've ever heard of. :lol:

This is one of their boards:

3952f4888f71464187f4426742baa73f.png

With the wind at stoke it'd be hilarious to see him keep trying that lofted ball out to the right, probably end up on the opposite corner flag :lol:

Is that headline a bit misleading? From the Guardian, that is?

The published quotes from the Guardian's Rooney Story said:
“There are lots of offers on the table, both in England and abroad, and that’s what I have to decide on,” Rooney said. “I’ve got some decisions to make now over the next few weeks so I will talk with my family and then I’ll decide. I think I have to make a decision in terms of a football decision,and that’s what I’ll do, I’ll do that the next few weeks with my family while I’m away and as soon as I know what’s going on I’m sure you will.”

They headline that 'he's made up his mind on his future', then the story goes into a narrative that he's 'to go away and make up his mind on his future'? That is a bit of sinister bait and switch headline you rarely see from the Guardian.

Anyhow, from his own point of view I think he has to weigh up the reduced playing time at United and logically whether it would make sense for him to stay in a selfish sense. If he got his head down, worked his bols off and made it back into a position as a starter then the payoff/reward would be exponentially higher at United. Exposure to the best competitions, the higher caliber silverware and the potential of organically pushing his way back through another club recruiting process into the first team offers a far better reward. Which as far as the Euro at the end of the year would put him in a much better position to make the team and sign off on a high at the tournament.

I kind of read this as a "do I stay and have a burl at the United gig of rediscovering and roll the dice on being frozen out completely and left behind? Or go and secure first team football elsewhere at the expense of dropping out of the bigger spotlight (abroad)". Kind of a big roll of the dice for him if he does make the speculated move to Everton, considering the reduced role this season produced his best contribution to the team in reduced minutes for the last three years, I don't think that is going to translate very well to going to Everton and trying to be the main man at a lower achieving club. I'm not sure if the roll of the dice will bring the same reward on that front.

However if he chooses to leave the country completely, even for the money then it suits himself and suits everyone involved with him leaving the club. I think essentially that would close the door on his England Euro sign-off dream. Getting completley out od

As much as it is the logical option that the majority on here don't want to accept. Staying around, getting his head down and possibly organically pushing back into the first team through form/attrition would be the safest option for him from his own point of view. This is a bit of a doosey decision for him to make, in truth. If he falls right off after leaving the club and misses that Euro berth if he goes out of his international career with a whimper that will be disappointing for him when he would be more than entitled to stay around until his contract expires after the Euro tournament. (With a +1 I think he has as well?)

Interesting times for him, wouldn't want to be in his shoes having to make this decision. I hope he picks the right choice for him and it works out for him and his family. He's been an amazing servant for the club and even the attempt at trying to beat up the fact that he'd make a huge fuss from the fans point of view when he quite clearly hasn't has been a bit distasteful, model professional throughout.

Stoke has an appalling attack. Rooney would be their best player. That's the state of that team

Is that headline a bit misleading? From the Guardian, that is?

They headline that 'he's made up his mind on his future', then the story goes into a narrative that he's 'to go away and make up his mind on his future'? That is a bit of sinister bait and switch headline you rarely see from the Guardian.

Anyhow, from his own point of view I think he has to weigh up the reduced playing time at United and logically whether it would make sense for him to stay in a selfish sense. If he got his head down, worked his bols off and made it back into a position as a starter then the payoff/reward would be exponentially higher at United. Exposure to the best competitions, the higher caliber silverware and the potential of organically pushing his way back through another club recruiting process into the first team offers a far better reward. Which as far as the Euro at the end of the year would put him in a much better position to make the team and sign off on a high at the tournament.

I kind of read this as a "do I stay and have a burl at the United gig of rediscovering and roll the dice on being frozen out completely and left behind? Or go and secure first team football elsewhere at the expense of dropping out of the bigger spotlight (abroad)". Kind of a big roll of the dice for him if he does make the speculated move to Everton, considering the reduced role this season produced his best contribution to the team in reduced minutes for the last three years, I don't think that is going to translate very well to going to Everton and trying to be the main man at a lower achieving club. I'm not sure if the roll of the dice will bring the same reward on that front.

However if he chooses to leave the country completely, even for the money then it suits himself and suits everyone involved with him leaving the club. I think essentially that would close the door on his England Euro sign-off dream. Getting completley out od

As much as it is the logical option that the majority on here don't want to accept. Staying around, getting his head down and possibly organically pushing back into the first team through form/attrition would be the safest option for him from his own point of view. This is a bit of a doosey decision for him to make, in truth. If he falls right off after leaving the club and misses that Euro berth if he goes out of his international career with a whimper that will be disappointing for him when he would be more than entitled to stay around until his contract expires after the Euro tournament. (With a +1 I think he has as well?)

Interesting times for him, wouldn't want to be in his shoes having to make this decision. I hope he picks the right choice for him and it works out for him and his family. He's been an amazing servant for the club and even the attempt at trying to beat up the fact that he'd make a huge fuss from the fans point of view when he quite clearly hasn't has been a bit distasteful, model professional throughout.

The only thing that hurts is the ego.

Money wise he's sound. Deep inside he must have knew his time is up and any chance for England isn't due to his ability no more. His big chance of going to england squad lies on whether or not other players ahead of him got an injury, and probably his press buddy.

He won't make iceland team based on his ability let alone england

It's a Cnut industry. Lads in their 20s with millions of pounds and no half a brain, course most of them are cnuts. Giggs smashed his brother bird for years, Beckham smashed his PA, Sven used to smash everyone, Terry, etc etc. Ronaldo led on a sun lounger for most of the summer of 08 and almost went AWOL at pre-season, saying he wants to go to Real Madrid, yet fans accepted him back with open arms and won't say a bad word against him. So why are you singling out Rooney as a cnut? He's given us his best years, scored hundreds of goals, won us many, many trophies. Don't get all sensitive because he got a payday whilst enjoying playing for us, of all he wanted was money, he would have gone to a higher payer. There were many around. He wanted the money and the club, best of both worlds, that's what I'd want if I were a player!

Of course I'm a United fan, and with that I support our players past and present. Rooney is our greatest ever goalscorer, I love that.

I could go on. Fergie went to Edwards and said no player earns more than me, the manager. Professionals deserve to be paid mate, is it your money? United are a financial monster on steroids, Rooney earning a few million a year more won't have affected our future, our transfer budget, or your pocket one bit.

Higher payer?

Be honest here, nobody would have paid him more than we have. We have paid him Dor competing money for 10 years, yet he's been a factor in that vote only twice.

Fair enough mate, i was just trying to maybe understand why people resent him so much after all these years and maybe point out that while he did some shit that was out of order. He wasn't solely responsible for the whole debacle, and that over the years the series of events has maybe been twisted and exaggerated into something much worse than it actually was.

If i hire somebody to do a job for me, i am responsible for his actions during his work for me. I doubt that stretford would pull off any stunt without informing rooney and i would be even more surprised if rooney disagreed with the methods used and stretford did it anyway. Rooney and rooney alone was responsible for it, it might not have been his idea but it wouldn't have happened if he didn't agree.

Look mate i'm not saying that he wasn't expecting to be rewarded handsomely when he signed his new contract, he was after all one of the worlds top players at the time. But i tend to agree with Ferguson on this one , i don't think it was all about money. I don't think it was all an elaborate ploy just to get a better deal, especially as the club had already offered him a £200k+ contract that he had turned down that summer.

After rooney's public bitching we signed chicharito, bebe, smalling, lindegard. Next season it was ddg, jones, young and scholes. Of all those signings only ddg and jones could atleast at that time be seen as big signings to improve the team and there too ddg was a replacement for van der saar who retired, rest were average or unknown signings at best rooney didn't complain about that. Rooney even kept his trap shut when fergie decided to bring back scholes rather than buy a good mf.

Actions speak louder than words, if squad improvement was the goal not much happened but rooney never complained after that, i think it is very safe to assume why the squad isn't good enough tactic was used and it surely wasn't to improve the quality of the squad.

'An internal dispute at Everton over a possible bid for Wayne Rooney could scupper his hopes of returning to his boyhood club, according to the Mirror.

Rooney began his career at Goodison Park as a teenager before moving to Manchester United, and remains a Toffees fan.

But not everybody at the Merseyside club is convinced his return would be a sound move, leaving the star in limbo amid further interest from the Premier League as well as MLS and China.'

Rare kudos to Goal.com for the apt photo they placed directly beneath their headline 'Stoke plot Rooney bid':
wayne-rooney-manchester-united_ny5pce2nwf0q1p72inilqadho.jpg

I can't believe Everton would be in for him, imagine going from Lukaku to Rooney, they can't have watched much of him this season and must be going off reputation, unlikely but I can't think of any other rationale for Everton considering him an option.

MLS is his best bet imo.

Stoke would be a decent move for him.

Very decent. If Everton aren't in for him it allows him to continue living where he is and not disrupt his life.
Expectations aren't sky high and he would get a game most weeks. Football doesn't seem as important as it once was to him and I'm sure they will pay him well.

Maybe.

That ambition shows that football is still a major part of his decision making though.

Not trying to be a dick, but maybe he should have shown that in the last few years?

With all the reports that he spends most weekends getting hammered at his house with his mates, and this physical decline- he's not shown much appetite for the game for some time. More expectation than participation. We've been fortunate that Mourinhos played him into a corner.

Not trying to be a dick, but maybe he should have shown that in the last few years?

With all the reports that he spends most weekends getting hammered at his house with his mates, and this physical decline- he's not shown much appetite for the game for some time. More expectation than participation. We've been fortunate that Mourinhos played him into a corner.
I don't disagree.

I think it would be a big mistake for Southgate to select him again.

He should do what Luis Aragones did with Raul in 2008.

I reckon we will know more after the testimonial, I think he's being a good guy to his friend by not making the game about Rooney's farewell.

Status
Not open for further replies.