Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously don't understand this. If someone comes in, offers a club money for a player under contract the club get the fee and the player signs with the new club and gets paid a salary by them.

I just dont get at what point did we start being different and paying up players contracts and allowing them to leave for free? I get he still has a year to run, so what? If china comes in and offers 20m to us and 50m to Rooney why are people going on about he still has a year to run on his contract as being an issue...

Because:

1. Nobody would pay him 300k/week
2. Rooney would accept no less than 300k/week, which he definitely gets every week regardless of whether or not he plays.
3. If we pay him off, it'll be at a lesser amount (asuming some deals were sorted)
4. We can choose not to pay him, he can choose not to leave us.

So.. Logically speaking, probably united offers to pay half and rooney gets to earn 100k or so somewhere. We got to pay less, rooney got 200k-250k/week (from us and his next club combined), he got playing time. Win win solution

Because:

1. Nobody would pay him 300k/week
2. Rooney would accept no less than 300k/week, which he definitely gets every week regardless of whether or not he plays.
3. If we pay him off, it'll be at a lesser amount (asuming some deals were sorted)
4. We can choose not to pay him, he can choose not to leave us.

So.. Logically speaking, probably united offers to pay half and Rooney gets to earn 100k or so somewhere. We got to pay less, rooney got 200k-250k/week (from us and his next club combined), he got playing time. Win win solution

I think the win-win solution would be more favourable than that. We might not get any fees but I don't think we would need to pay Rooney's wages either. Especially if Rooney is also intent on leaving for more playing opportunities.

I don't think he looks after himself. Drinks and smokes. So although he's 31, he's probably got the body of a 37 year old.
I've always been a fan of his, but in the seasons he's been captain he's lost that angry nature of his that used to make him so ruthless and unpredictable.
This is the first season where I feel he's done at the highest level. So sad, but he is a legend. Good luck where ever he lays his hat next.

Yeah, he'd be a real step back for Everton. I'm also by no means convinced he Premier League quality anymore.

He's probably still PL quality, but Everton are a side who want to at least challenge for a top 6 place and I don't think he's that level of quality any more

I don't think he looks after himself. Drinks and smokes. So although he's 31, he's probably got the body of a 37 year old.
I've always been a fan of his, but in the seasons he's been captain he's lost that angry nature of his that used to make him so ruthless and unpredictable.
This is the first season where I feel he's done at the highest level. So sad, but he is a legend. Good luck where ever he lays his hat next.

I love football fans with this sort of comment.

What sort of body does a 37 year old have then? Fat, overweight, saggy? :lol:

Would Everton really want him though? I'd be surprised if that was the case

Course they would. It'd be like an icon returning, get all their fans hyped up.

Yeah he's not the swashbuckling don he left as , but it's not like they've been spoilt with the likes of Barry and Cleverley in recent times.
He'd cruise into their team on name alone.

He's probably still PL quality, but Everton are a side who want to at least challenge for a top 6 place and I don't think he's that level of quality any more
As what, he cant run in behind defences anymore and it will be interesting to see if he still thinks himself a reborn midfielder

I would be absolutely amazed if Everton took him, it would be like a Moyes payback

Yeah he's not the swashbuckling don he left as , but it's not like they've been spoilt with the likes of Barry and Cleverley in recent times.

You, honestly, think RK would pick him every week regardless of form?

:eek::wenger:

He could just about cut it in the USA performance wise, though I'm quite sure he wouldn't outscore such no name striker as Nikolic playing with Schweini for Chicago Fire.
Changing clubs in PL may as well have zero effect in stopping his decline. The factors like lower budget, high expectations for biggest earner, manager under pressure to somehow fit him in and make it all work might greatly backfire straight in Rooney's face. He could become a scapegoat in no time without mitigating elements like his legacy at United.

That happened to us far too often. But I don't see Koeman even wanting him. We'll see eh?

He'd cruise in to it for a few weeks until Koeman realises he just isnt good enough anymore. I hope for his sake he goes to China or AMerica where he can still be a relative success. Records and trophies aside, Rooney never quite became the player he promised to be for us...but lets not forget he was still a bloody good one for several years, I wouldnt like to see him at Everton the way he has declined, the last twelve months his 3-4 year decline has literally doubled in descent for me.

Funny you should call people who 'disprespect' Rooney disloyal.

Disloyal to a guy who has given his career to Man United. It's a professional career, and too many fans have been spoilt with the likes of Giggs, Scholes and Neville. Is Rooney a Man United fan? No. Is he from Manchester? No. Who has he played for, become their greatest ever goalscorer and given the best years of his life to?? Manchester United. Yet I see so much disrespect. It's shocking.

Yeah, let us sink to the levels of Liverpool patriotism - that would be something. Gerrard wanted to win the PL - Rooney had no such arguments to be made concerning United as under Ferguson, we had won everything. He also did this twice, so it's different.

As for Giggs - I lost a lot of respect for him, and I think many did. Cheating is one thing, but with your brother's wife... Giggs never, however, spoke ill of Manchester United. (that I can think of)

Last sentence: you are right, he was all those things, but he is not anymore. Nobody is arguing that he wasn't a great player, but people are arguing that his time has been up for quite some time.

Read the forum there are plenty arguing that he wasn't a great player because of his form this last 3 years. Some are mocking the career he's had here because he's gone sh!t. I also think his time is up, but that doesn't lead to me abusing his legacy here or telling him to f#ck off. I feel lucky we've had him here

Disloyal to a guy who has given his career to Man United. It's a professional career, and too many fans have been spoilt with the likes of Giggs, Scholes and Neville. Is Rooney a Man United fan? No. Is he from Manchester? No. Who has he played for, become their greatest ever goalscorer and given the best years of his life to?? Manchester United. Yet I see so much disrespect. It's shocking.

Has he worked here for free? It's not like he wasn't one of the highest earners throughout that time. Disloyal is a perfect adjective to describe Rooney too, you know. He brought all this shit on himself, not by being past it, Neville in his last season was past it and hasn't received half the abuse, he brought it onto himself by disrespecting the fans, the manager, team mates and the club as a whole by engineering his new contract. If anybody here is disloyal, it's Rooney.

Has he worked here for free? It's not like he wasn't one of the highest earners throughout that time. Disloyal is a perfect adjective to describe Rooney too, you know. He brought all this shit on himself, not by being past it, Neville in his last season was past it and hasn't received half the abuse, he brought it onto himself by disrespecting the fans, the manager, team mates and the club as a whole by engineering his new contract. If anybody here is disloyal, it's Rooney.

How did he disrespect the fans? Don't be silly. We're all grown ups, how sensitive are your feelings? From his perspective he had every right to get a better contract, he was on course to be Our greatest ever goalscorer. Fair play to him, if I was him I would have tried to earn as much as possible too. Why is Ronaldo loved and Rooney generally hated? Ronaldo engineered an actual move away from us over 2 and a half years! Rooney stayed! Nev used to regularly stand up for younger players to Sir Alex for them to get better contracts, he said so in his book. It's all relative.

How did he disrespect the fans? Don't be silly. We're all grown ups, how sensitive are your feelings? From his perspective he had every right to get a better contract, he was on course to be Our greatest ever goalscorer. Fair play to him, if I was him I would have tried to earn as much as possible too. Why is Ronaldo loved and Rooney generally hated? Ronaldo engineered an actual move away from us over 2 and a half years! Rooney stayed! Nev used to regularly stand up for younger players to Sir Alex for them to get better contracts, he said so in his book. It's all relative.

Are you a Rooney FC fan or a Manchester United fan? It's the former by the sounds of it if you consider a player lying about 'caring about club's future' just to admit that he was doing all this shit to get a new contract. It's not relative, he's done that twice. He's a cnut and the abuse he gets is not groundless. Legend or not, still a cnut.

Fair play my ass. Even if Ronaldo moved, he moved abroad and didn't threaten to move to the city rival, something our beloved captain has done.

Are you a Rooney FC fan or a Manchester United fan? It's the former by the sounds of it if you consider a player lying about 'caring about club's future' just to admit that he was doing all this shit to get a new contract. It's not relative, he's done that twice. He's a cnut and the abuse he gets is not groundless. Legend or not, still a cnut.

Fair play my ass. Even if Ronaldo moved, he moved abroad and didn't threaten to move to the city rival, something our beloved captain has done.

It's a Cnut industry. Lads in their 20s with millions of pounds and no half a brain, course most of them are cnuts. Giggs smashed his brother bird for years, Beckham smashed his PA, Sven used to smash everyone, Terry, etc etc. Ronaldo led on a sun lounger for most of the summer of 08 and almost went AWOL at pre-season, saying he wants to go to Real Madrid, yet fans accepted him back with open arms and won't say a bad word against him. So why are you singling out Rooney as a cnut? He's given us his best years, scored hundreds of goals, won us many, many trophies. Don't get all sensitive because he got a payday whilst enjoying playing for us, of all he wanted was money, he would have gone to a higher payer. There were many around. He wanted the money and the club, best of both worlds, that's what I'd want if I were a player!

Of course I'm a United fan, and with that I support our players past and present. Rooney is our greatest ever goalscorer, I love that.

I could go on. Fergie went to Edwards and said no player earns more than me, the manager. Professionals deserve to be paid mate, is it your money? United are a financial monster on steroids, Rooney earning a few million a year more won't have affected our future, our transfer budget, or your pocket one bit.

Don't get all sensitive because he got a payday whilst enjoying playing for us, of all he wanted was money, he would have gone to a higher payer.
It was the way he went about it that grated.

Who was offering him more money?

It's a Cnut industry. Lads in their 20s with millions of pounds and no half a brain, course most of them are cnuts. Giggs smashed his brother bird for years, Beckham smashed his PA, Sven used to smash everyone, Terry, etc etc. Ronaldo led on a sun lounger for most of the summer of 08 and almost went AWOL at pre-season, saying he wants to go to Real Madrid, yet fans accepted him back with open arms and won't say a bad word against him. So why are you singling out Rooney as a cnut? He's given us his best years, scored hundreds of goals, won us many, many trophies. Don't get all sensitive because he got a payday whilst enjoying playing for us, of all he wanted was money, he would have gone to a higher payer. There were many around. He wanted the money and the club, best of both worlds, that's what I'd want if I were a player!

Of course I'm a United fan, and with that I support our players past and present. Rooney is our greatest ever goalscorer, I love that.

I could go on. Fergie went to Edwards and said no player earns more than me, the manager. Professionals deserve to be paid mate, is it your money? United are a financial monster on steroids, Rooney earning a few million a year more won't have affected our future, our transfer budget, or your pocket one bit.

Because it's a Rooney thread? Because I don't care if Giggs fecked his brother's wife in this thread? Because Giggs didn't lie to everybody around him, pretending he cares about the club just to engineer a move for himself? Ronaldo 'almost went AWOL'? You don't see me complaining about Rooney shagging prostitutes when his wife was pregnant here, do you? I'm talking about what's relevant to the club and not his private life. And if he wanted more money, there's other ways to get a new contract rather than being a cnut.

Because it's a Rooney thread? Because I don't care if Giggs fecked his brother's wife in this thread? Because Giggs didn't lie to everybody around him, pretending he cares about the club just to engineer a move for himself? Ronaldo 'almost went AWOL'? You don't see me complaining about Rooney shagging prostitutes when his wife was pregnant here, do you? I'm talking about what's relevant to the club and not his private life. And if he wanted more money, there's other ways to get a new contract rather than being a cnut.

So Ronaldo publicly used United to get a move to Real Madrid, is he a Cnut like Rooney in your opinion? You've just got different views mate. Scholes and Neville love United but didn't play for free. Everybody wants to get paid.

Compare Rooney to Di Maria, or Tevez. Completely different levels of Cnutish behaviour. Rooney stayed, played and won, year after year. I'm greatful for that.

At that time I'm sure Chelsea or City would have paid him more, we weren't the biggest wage muppets back then.

That's you guessing. There was nothing at the time about him being offered more money elsewhere.

Compare Rooney to Di Maria, or Tevez. Completely different levels of Cnutish behaviour. Rooney stayed, played and won, year after year. I'm greatful for that.

Di Maria was here merely for a year, moved abroad, we recouped money. Tevez's contract situation was up to us, we didn't want to pay, moved on. Rooney was contracted to us, done all that shit and got his contract. There's absolutely no comparison.

So Ronaldo publicly used United to get a move to Real Madrid, is he a Cnut like Rooney in your opinion? You've just got different views mate. Scholes and Neville love United but didn't play for free. Everybody wants to get paid.

You're making it sound like I think 'getting paid' is the problem here. No. It's not. It's the way you conduct yourself in the contract negotiations. Rooney's behaviour was disgraceful and that will not be forgotten. The stain will always remain on his name. (nice rhymes)

That's you guessing. There was nothing at the time about him being offered more money elsewhere.

You're guessing equally that there was no extra money being offered. City had a bottomless pit of cash and would have LOVED to get Rooney from us, you're saying they wouldn't have offered him a world record contract to get him? He was at his peak at the time, as were city in terms of spending

You're guessing equally that there was no extra money being offered. City had a bottomless pit of cash and would have LOVED to get Rooney from us, you're saying they wouldn't have offered him a world record contract to get him? He was at his peak at the time, as were city in terms of spending
You're the one making claims he turned down more money, it's not on me to prove that didn't happen.

Di Maria was here merely for a year, moved abroad, we recouped money. Tevez's contract situation was up to us, we didn't want to pay, moved on. Rooney was contracted to us, done all that shit and got his contract. There's absolutely no comparison.

Recouped money? How's your maths?!!!!! We lost plenty of money, not to mention he had no interest in playing when it got tough.

Tevez decided to move TO CITY, literally to troll us and to get a big pay packet. How can you not admit they're bigger cnuts than Rooney :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.