Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both José and Wayne deserves credit for handling the step down so well.

Amazing player for us all together. Think he can actually do a job for a side like Everton. Half of his fall from grace has something to do with not being motivated. Needs a new challenge or retire if he feels he doesn't have it in him.

I've been as critical of him as anyone these last few years but what a servant.

He needs to leave though and hope he does it in the right way without involving any Paul Stretford tactics.

Owed is an interesting term. When he offers feck all and can't fulfil expectations it would be leeching for anyone with pride. I'm sure he'd feel that way too in some sense.

Aren't you a liberal? Why can't you be liberal towards our player? Wouldn't you rather Wayne have it than the club oligarchs?

Aren't you a liberal? Why can't you be liberal towards our player? Wouldn't you rather Wayne have it than the club oligarchs?

Strange binary choice, Id rather a new player have it.

He's doing right by the club is my point, we're rather lucky in that we've not had the types of players who will leech, see City for example who have had plenty.

Title is misleading as Jamie Jackson put 2 or 3 sentences in a blender and came up with this unique one

Anyone think we'll get a fee for him?

He is off, he feels he can play every game which he won't at United. Considering he says he'll only ever play in PL for us or Everton makes me think he is going back to Everton, all the best Wayne and thanks for the memories :)

Lots of offers.....

Wigan, Barnsley, Blackburn et al. Would be shocked if any PL Club wanted him.

#aintkiddinganyone

Give it a rest.

I'd retire if i were him

Going to everton is a bad move, he'll be humiliated to no end now that he's not the club captain and icon no more.

I dont think the guys at Everton would respect him if he doesn't contribute to their cause (which i doubt he can contribute much).

Besides i dont think rooney moving to everton would sell alot of shirts as he used to, i dont even think the everton fans liked him that much to get his name on their jerseys, and overseas fans would be hard pressed finding an everton jersey let alone the one with rooney on the back.

Don't do it wayne.

So if you could earn millions for a couple more years, you wouldn't?
I'll never understand fans saying that a player should retire, when it's his job, and something he probably still loves doing.

Great servant of the club, and definitely a legend, the last couple years won't change that.

[
So if you could earn millions for a couple more years, you wouldn't?
I'll never understand fans saying that a player should retire, when it's his job, and something he probably still loves doing.

Great servant of the club, and definitely a legend, the last couple years won't change that.

But the next couple of years will change things alot

While not performing the way he once did the guy is a fecking legend for the club. The disrespect he is shown after everything he accomplished and the effort he put in to do so is unbelievable at times.

May have posted this before but a taxi driver in Liverpool told me he'd picked up Rooneys dad and Wayne Sr confirmed he's 100% off back to Everton this summer.

Pfft!

His follicle consultant told me that a pekingese has been balded in preparation for Rooney's arrival in China.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just give him to Everton, we don't need any money in return. Getting him off the wage bill will be good enough.

If he is leaving us, then I can;t think he is going anywhere but Everton, his wife won't leave the area no matter how much money is offered, I can't see him turning out for Tranmere or Stockport, so Everton it must be.

Nice end to the career for him. I'll never understand the hate he gets myself, hes mellowed and aged badly, but he was a player who would run through a brick wall to win a game for us, scored the goals that won us a lot of trophies.

Bestie did far worse than ask for a transfer, Giggs did far worse outside of football, so I judge him on the pitch, and he has been brilliant for most of his career.

If he is leaving us, then I can;t think he is going anywhere but Everton, his wife won't leave the area no matter how much money is offered, I can't see him turning out for Tranmere or Stockport, so Everton it must be.

Nice end to the career for him. I'll never understand the hate he gets myself, hes mellowed and aged badly, but he was a player who would run through a brick wall to win a game for us, scored the goals that won us a lot of trophies.

Bestie did far worse than ask for a transfer, Giggs did far worse outside of football, so I judge him on the pitch, and he has been brilliant for most of his career.
Good post. Needs to be said - I find the modern day fan can easily give a player stick, I am guilty of it myself too. Maybe it's just internet boards and twitter? I never hear people at the match get personal - just the odd groan.

Hope he's able to rediscover some form and experience some sort of indian summer if he's going back to Everton (albeit not at our expense, of course!). Based on the last couple of seasons, it doesn't feel likely, but you never know what a change of scenery can result in.

Would be a great way for him to round off his career.

Strange binary choice, Id rather a new player have it.

He's doing right by the club is my point, we're rather lucky in that we've not had the types of players who will leech, see City for example who have had plenty.

He has given us 13 years of service. Yes, he has been paid very well and taken care off by the club but he is still our player. I'd rather Rooney get the move he likes and he can retire happily. There are plenty of people leeching the club for money and I will prefer if it's Rooney who has given me countless momemts of joy and has sacrificed himself for the team than some old geezer in Florida or some wunderkid from Brazil. Club has money for wunderkids anyway. Rooney has earned it.

While not performing the way he once did the guy is a fecking legend for the club. The disrespect he is shown after everything he accomplished and the effort he put in to do so is unbelievable at times.

It's utterly pathetic. I can only assume that the majority of users that constantly slag him off were still having their bottoms wiped by their mummies when he was leading this team to title after title.

He ain't the player he used to be, that is a fact these days. He's also a bit of a plonker (releasing that statement back in 2010 was stupid). But he's also one of this clubs biggest legends. More respect should be shown to him.

It's utterly pathetic. I can only assume that the majority of users that constantly slag him off were still having their bottoms wiped by their mummies when he was leading this team to title after title.

He ain't the player he used to be, that is a fact these days. He's also a bit of a plonker (releasing that statement back in 2010 was stupid). But he's also one of this clubs biggest legends. More respect should be shown to him.

probably still are

I'd love to see him go back to Everton and guide them to a cup (League Cup or FA, or at a push Europa), I know that might not sound too realistic - because of Everton not because of Rooney - but I really do think if you put him in a hard working, top 6 PL team as a 10 and had runners around him, once he settled and got a bit form he'd do great.

I think it's absolutely crucial though that if he stays in the PL, he goes somewhere with a team full of grafters and runners.

I'd love to see him have a nice little flourish at the end of his career. He's a Utd legend, a family man, and a working class, street-footballer.

I'm older than him by about 5 years, but have obviously followed his whole career, and I've got nothing but good wishes for the guy.

One of my favorite players of all time since his breakout in the 2004 Euros. His game hasn't aged well but I wish him all the best and hope he can find a move that makes him happy. The contract stuff was annoying, but in time I'll forget that and only remember the great memories he gave me as a fan. I always loved the aggression and tenacity combined with great skills that he had from ages 20 to 27 or so.

Thanks to him him for what he has done for us but this summer is the time to move forward. Rooney has been playing since 16 years old and time has caught up with him like many other great players in the past. Mourinho will make the right signings this summer and Man Utd will grow stronger.

Player from a generation or two after 'my' teams but obviously massive. Looking foward to being able to remember him properly fondly.

Always wondered if his contract saga would have been different had he had another agent like Mendes or Raiola.. They seem to get huge contracts for their star players without exactly making a mess of the whole situation..

I've been very critical of him the past few years, but i'd have to say hes handled this as gracefully as any. Our all time goalscorer and an absolute legend in every sense of the word.

Now i understand players wanting to play football (especially him) but i just feel its kinda sad to see once great players end their careers at smaller, often irrelevant clubs. Not saying Everton are irrelevant here, in fact imo its the only good choice since its his boyhood club, but still...

These guys have enough money to live comfortable for many lifetimes, and if they want they could always get a cushy ambassador job or something like that.

Always wondered if his contract saga would have been different had he had another agent like Mendes or Raiola.. They seem to get huge contracts for their star players without exactly making a mess of the whole situation..

Tbf (and I'm one of the contra rooney poster) saf blew the cake up on his face going public with his demand. Saf was a cunning man himself, that'll soften the outrage of shipping rooney out.

But rooney plays a blunder by retaliating, he should have just gone with the cliche 'i love the club and would stay' or 'simply keep his mouth shut and haggle behind the closed door'.

But yeah, a better agent would probably handle thr situation better, but we have to take into consideration that at that time rooney was the dogs bollock and he got some chip in his bargaining power.

Tbf (and I'm one of the contra rooney poster) saf blew the cake up on his face going public with his demand. Saf was a cunning man himself, that'll soften the outrage of shipping rooney out.

But rooney plays a blunder by retaliating, he should have just gone with the cliche 'i love the club and would stay' or 'simply keep his mouth shut and haggle behind the closed door'.

But yeah, a better agent would probably handle thr situation better, but we have to take into consideration that at that time rooney was the dogs bollock and he got some chip in his bargaining power.
Does Stretford have any other major client other than Rooney?

Embarrasing. Childish. Cringeworthy. Disloyal. Disrespectful.

Some of the words that come to mind when I read the things that some United "Fans" write about one of our actual legends, Wayne Rooney.

Who gives a toss about a contract haggle or banging a few OAPs? Not me.

Do Liverpool disrespect their captain for wanting to feck them off for Chelsea?

Do Chelsea disrespect their captain for banging his teammates bird?

Do we very United fans disrespect arguably our biggest legend of the lot having banged his brothers misses for the best part of 10 years?

NOPE.

Wayne engineers two huge contracts out of United's board using the media and gets hated. I'll never understand it. He doesn't strike me as the sort that will get a job in football after his playing career, or the media, so I don't blame him for wanting to earn the most possible for doing his job whilst he was still fit and able.

He's been a warrior, a leader, a goalscorer, an absolute monster in front of goal, what a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.