Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance. We still owe him over £20m in wages and loyalty fees.
I seriously don't understand this. If someone comes in, offers a club money for a player under contract the club get the fee and the player signs with the new club and gets paid a salary by them.

I just dont get at what point did we start being different and paying up players contracts and allowing them to leave for free? I get he still has a year to run, so what? If china comes in and offers 20m to us and 50m to Rooney why are people going on about he still has a year to run on his contract as being an issue...

Does Stretford have any other major client other than Rooney?
Yea he has he own agency having worked for a number of big ones. Can't think what it's called off the top of my head but I do know 'Arry is a client too.

Righ decision at the right time.

It's been great, however, his saga with the Chelsea transfer ruined it a bit for me. He's been a great player with major achievements but I find it hard to see him as one of our greatest of all time. Nevertheless what he's achieved with us is just great - thank you for so many memories, goals and years of service!

I seriously don't understand this. If someone comes in, offers a club money for a player under contract the club get the fee and the player signs with the new club and gets paid a salary by them.

I just dont get at what point did we start being different and paying up players contracts and allowing them to leave for free? I get he still has a year to run, so what? If china comes in and offers 20m to us and 50m to Rooney why are people going on about he still has a year to run on his contract as being an issue...
My answer was on the assumption he doesn't move to China.
If Rooney goes to another team, he would want a compromise in terms of salary.
The salary shortfall might not be an issue. But looking at the way he and his agent have acted in the past, there's no reason for me to assume it won't be.
I am sure he will still demand his loyalty bonus.
Considering his age and decline, the bonus would almost be equivalent to his transfer value. In those cases, the club might be willing to forgo a transfer fee.
All those are just my opinions of course.
If he were willing to move to China, then I can see us receiving a serious fee but with the new legislation, it looks unlikely at this point.

Because nobody wants to take a paycut to move...

Because he has to agree.

If he gets a bumper offer and wants to leave then it won't be an issue but if all he's being offered is crap money and he wanted to be difficult he could refuse to leave because of the money he's owed from the remainder of his contract with us.

Sometimes in these situations selling clubs accept lower transfer fees to allow the buying club to increase wages or pay a bigger singing bonus or something. United did this a lot under SAF and Gill.

It seems unlikely at this point.

My answer was on the assumption he doesn't move to China.
If Rooney goes to another team, he would want a compromise in terms of salary.
The salary shortfall might not be an issue. But looking at the way he and his agent have acted in the past, there's no reason for me to assume it won't be.
I am sure he will still demand his loyalty bonus.
Considering his age and decline, the bonus would almost be equivalent to his transfer value. In those cases, the club might be willing to forgo a transfer fee.
All those are just my opinions of course.
If he were willing to move to China, then I can see us receiving a serious fee but with the new legislation, it looks unlikely at this point.
What new legislation?

And to be honest,I won't blame him for demanding what he's contractually owed.

@Skills @Adisa @Rado_N
I get the whole "I don't want to leave and therefore pay me" argument. My thinking was more that if Rooney has said he knows what he will do and in the past has said wants first team football, then the club aren't forcing him out. Jose has recently said he's happy for Wayne to stay (ie. we're not forcing you out). That way if he does leave, even if we don't command a fee for him but more a goodwill gesture to say we'll let you leave so your new club can offer you more wages, we shouldn't be paying up his contract.

Guess we'll find out soon though hey

@Skills @Adisa @Rado_N
I get the whole "I don't want to leave and therefore pay me" argument. My thinking was more that if Rooney has said he knows what he will do and in the past has said wants first team football, then the club aren't forcing him out. Jose has recently said he's happy for Wayne to stay (ie. we're not forcing you out). That way if he does leave, even if we don't command a fee for him but more a goodwill gesture to say we'll let you leave so your new club can offer you more wages, we shouldn't be paying up his contract.

Yes, I expect him and the club to find a solution quickly. I also think the club will try its best to get him to the club of his choice.

Everton "may" want him, but we all know that in this age of social media/brand awareness etc that this transfer would "only" be for that purpose.

I'm willing to bet anyone £25 that he wouldn't start more than 50% of games for Everton were he to go there.

@Skills @Adisa @Rado_N

I've mentioned this a few times actually. There was an article by the Secret Agent that explained the loyalty bonus thing and how a player has to push for a move without putting in a transfer request in order to keep their "loyalty bonus" which is essentially just a portion of their contract which is usually recovered from their transfer fee. This "pushing for a move" is all the tactics you see every summer like being linked with various clubs, a source close to the player saying they're not happy and would like to move ect ect...

So with that in mind, in the case of Rooney, Jose has played a blinder in that he has said "I will never sell Rooney, this is his home and he is welcome here until he decides he does not want to play here anymore". He basically said "If you decide to move, that's your decision" and cut out any chance that the club might make efforts to move him on and owe him his contract.

I think the most likely scenario is us mutually releasing him from his contract so he can sign for club who can then afford to pay daft wages for him. If there is £15m left on his deal here, he might decide to take a wage cut on a 3 year deal at somewhere like Everton. If he picks up £160,000 a week for Everton (which they could afford with Europa and Lukaku likely to leave) on a 3 year contract he could earn £25m over the next 3 years and have a crack at winning back that England spot.

The other option for him is sit tight and pick up £15m for a years work but forget about ever playing for England again or going to a big International tournament.

Everton "may" want him, but we all know that in this age of social media/brand awareness etc that this transfer would "only" be for that purpose.

I'm willing to bet anyone £25 that he wouldn't start more than 50% of games for Everton were he to go there.

If he does go to Everton, and obviously Everton will be paying him a very large salary for them £150-250k. In that case i imagine it's because they actually want him as a player and they plan to play him in most of their games.

No sane club is going to sign a player on a massive wage just to increase brand awareness. Koeman has spoken of his interest in him, so he must think he can integrate him into his side and get the best out of him.

Embarrasing. Childish. Cringeworthy. Disloyal. Disrespectful.

Some of the words that come to mind when I read the things that some United "Fans" write about one of our actual legends, Wayne Rooney.

Who gives a toss about a contract haggle or banging a few OAPs? Not me.

Do Liverpool disrespect their captain for wanting to feck them off for Chelsea?

Do Chelsea disrespect their captain for banging his teammates bird?

Do we very United fans disrespect arguably our biggest legend of the lot having banged his brothers misses for the best part of 10 years?

NOPE.

Wayne engineers two huge contracts out of United's board using the media and gets hated. I'll never understand it. He doesn't strike me as the sort that will get a job in football after his playing career, or the media, so I don't blame him for wanting to earn the most possible for doing his job whilst he was still fit and able.

He's been a warrior, a leader, a goalscorer, an absolute monster in front of goal, what a player.

Funny you should call people who 'disprespect' Rooney disloyal.

China calling. although with their new tax rules it could be a problem.

Top scorer for Manchester United. Top scorer for England.

Won every competition at club level.

Captained club and country.

Scored 4 of the most memorable PL goals of all time.

Well done, Wayne.
Out of interest what 4?

The Newcastle volley when he was literally arguing with the ref as the ball was falling to him.

The man city overhead

What other 2? I just can't think right now

Do we very United fans disrespect arguably our biggest legend of the lot having banged his brothers misses for the best part of 10 years?

NOPE.
Giggs has gotten plenty of stick and is definitely not looked upon as favourable as he was because of that very issue. Just go look through any thread that suggests Giggs managing us.

Out of interest what 4?

The Newcastle volley when he was literally arguing with the ref as the ball was falling to him.

The man city overhead

What other 2? I just can't think right now
Presumeably the one near the half-way line v West Ham and probably the counter attack v Bolton.

Mail saying he has two £50m offers from China.
That's a lot of money to effectively end any hopes of an England recall.
My feeling is Gareth won't call him again unless he's in unreal form.

Unless he wants to retire by next summer, one club I don't want him to go is to Everton. His England career is over, the sooner he realises the better. The Everton fans will turn on him when he didn't perform.

Its better to realise and go to US or China to further his career, earnings and fame for next few years where fans will love to see him play to a optimum level of the league.

Embarrasing. Childish. Cringeworthy. Disloyal. Disrespectful.

Some of the words that come to mind when I read the things that some United "Fans" write about one of our actual legends, Wayne Rooney.

Who gives a toss about a contract haggle or banging a few OAPs? Not me.

Do Liverpool disrespect their captain for wanting to feck them off for Chelsea?

Do Chelsea disrespect their captain for banging his teammates bird?

NOPE.

Wayne engineers two huge contracts out of United's board using the media and gets hated. I'll never understand it. He doesn't strike me as the sort that will get a job in football after his playing career, or the media, so I don't blame him for wanting to earn the most possible for doing his job whilst he was still fit and able.

He's been a warrior, a leader, a goalscorer, an absolute monster in front of goal, what a player.

Yeah, let us sink to the levels of Liverpool patriotism - that would be something. Gerrard wanted to win the PL - Rooney had no such arguments to be made concerning United as under Ferguson, we had won everything. He also did this twice, so it's different.

As for Giggs - I lost a lot of respect for him, and I think many did. Cheating is one thing, but with your brother's wife... Giggs never, however, spoke ill of Manchester United. (that I can think of)

Last sentence: you are right, he was all those things, but he is not anymore. Nobody is arguing that he wasn't a great player, but people are arguing that his time has been up for quite some time.

I don't know why the England situation is being brought up, here. Everyone Rooney included, knows that ship has sailed. He is not getting an England recall unless he somehow, magically begins scoring double-figures next season and we all know that is never going to happen.

If those quotes are real ("I've made my mind up about my future") then he's definitely off. If he'd made his mind up to stay then he would have just said that.

Yeah, let us sink to the levels of Liverpool patriotism - that would be something. Gerrard wanted to win the PL - Rooney had no such arguments to be made concerning United as under Ferguson, we had won everything. He also did this twice, so it's different.

As for Giggs - I lost a lot of respect for him, and I think many did. Cheating is one thing, but with your brother's wife... Giggs never, however, spoke ill of Manchester United. (that I can think of)

Last sentence: you are right, he was all those things, but he is not anymore. Nobody is arguing that he wasn't a great player, but people are arguing that his time has been up for quite some time.

Terry, Stevie, Ronaldo, Ramos, Messi all top players do it

Personally I think he should go rip the MLS a new one. The best reason for staying at Everton is if he wants to get into next years world cup squad.

It's utterly pathetic. I can only assume that the majority of users that constantly slag him off were still having their bottoms wiped by their mummies when he was leading this team to title after title.

He ain't the player he used to be, that is a fact these days. He's also a bit of a plonker (releasing that statement back in 2010 was stupid). But he's also one of this clubs biggest legends. More respect should be shown to him.
It all depends on what a person needs to do to earn your respect. If you respect someone for being an outstanding footballer then yes he does deserve your respect. Personally I respect nice decent people, therefore whilst I admire Rooneys footballing career, and appreciate his contributions to our success, Ill never respect him, and before the incredibly predictable what about Giggs posts, I dont respect him either.

I think he's definitely going to Everton - I reckon he'll more or less demand to play in central midfield and be their captain.

He'll be aiming to have a really good season to impress Southgate (he wants Russia 2018 to be his international send-off)

If he goes to MLS/China or stays at United - he won't get a look-in for England.

Everton will be pretty minted this summer after they sell Lukaku and Barkley. If I was an Everton fan, I wouldn't be too happy, but it is what is it.

I think he's definitely going to Everton - I reckon he'll more or less demand to play in central midfield and be their captain.

He'll be aiming to have a really good season to impress Southgate (he wants Russia 2018 to be his international send-off)

If he goes to MLS/China or stays at United - he won't get a look-in for England.

Everton will be pretty minted this summer after they sell Lukaku and Barkley. If I was an Everton fan, I wouldn't be too happy, but it is what is it.
I really don't think he's in a position to be demanding anything from Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.