Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohh man! The hammers will be unstoppable with Rooney and Carroll upfront :lol:

Everton have said they'd be interested too, so I can't work out why he'd prefer West ham

Not that he'll go to either. Rooney like money

West Ham are such a strange club.
How else would you expect then to raise money to keep up with payments for the Olympic Stadium?

I seriously doubt anyone interested in Wayne Rooney is doing it primarily for footballing reasons.

How else would you expect then to raise money to keep up with payments for the Olympic Stadium?

I seriously doubt anyone interested in Wayne Rooney is doing it primarily for footballing reasons.
Is that sarcasm? Because i thought the Olympic stadium rent is only 5 million a year or something?

He already seems like a faded memory. Now that he's not frustrating week in week out, it'll be sad (but necessary) to see him go.

Indifference? A polite welcome but certainly not a rousing reception. I don't think he would get a heros welcome like Ronaldo did.

Not sure they actually have a transfer strategy other than sheer randomness and stupidity.

I think he'd get a hero's welcome.

He should be thinking about retirement. I don't the he has anything to offer anyone anymore.

Best option for Rooney would be a loan to Everton or West Ham for 1 year, until the WC, then off to China for one final big pay off if they want him.

No way would West Ham or Everton pay him the £250k so we'd have to chip in massively. Not a fan of that.

He should be thinking about retirement. I don't the he has anything to offer anyone anymore.

Yes, he should retire and walk away from a £33m contract :wenger:

West Ham are probably seeing Nolan in him(can't see why is that a good thing for them though).

Can West Ham pay his wage? Think they will ask us to sell him for a low fee considering the wages he would be asking.

Maybe I'm guilty of underating Rooney but Everton are in for a shock downgrading the pace and power of Lukaku with the sloth like movement of Rooney

Maybe I'm guilty of underating Rooney but Everton are in for a shock downgrading the pace and power of Lukaku with the sloth like movement of Rooney

He won't sign as a striker. He wants to add years to his career by moving into midfield. He will be looking to replace Barry.

Where is Koeman planning on using him? Honestly can't see him being in their first XI. If they plan on replacing Lukaku with him they are deluded beyond belief.

It would be great if he scores a hat trick at Anfield in an Everton shirt next season.

Indifference? A polite welcome but certainly not a rousing reception. I don't think he would get a heros welcome like Ronaldo did.

Not sure they actually have a transfer strategy other than sheer randomness and stupidity.
I think he would get a here welcome for sure.

Anyway it seems it's happening this summer definitely.
Bilić would love to have him I reckon.

If Barry can still get in the team then so can Rooney like.

The difference being that Barry is a good pro who has obviously looked after himself very well. 620 PL appearances.

He's being phased out recently. Understandable really, given that he turned 36 last month.

Everton have been playing a 5 at the back, recently, no? With the tenacity and energy of Gueye and Schneiderlin to cover him, Rooney can play his cross-field balls from midfield to Coleman all game.

I think his best bet is China. The papers are reporting that he didn't attend a presentation by Southgate - even though he was invited. In fact, all 9 or so players who didn't make the team this time, were all invited - and only an injured Butland turned up.
Rooney has a minor injury it seems, which shouldn't have prevented him from attending. In any case, he decided to get treatment at the club instead of attending, which is fair enough.

However, as he still seems to want to make the England squad, wouldn't it be smarter to keep Southgate on side? If he's not going to do that, what's the point of going to Everton? May as well take the big money in China, or rock up to the MLS.

I think Mourinho is very confident Rooney will leave and he's making sure he instigates it himself.

He's made Rooney aware he's nowhere near the first team as things stands and there's more coming in ahead of him so it's completely up to Rooney if he wants to leave.

If Rooney makes that decision himself and requests a move, he will have a very hard job getting the club to cough up his contract to move him along.

It's a smart very move from Mourinho "Nobody is making you move, if you want to stay and train with us and watch in the stands every week you are more than welcome and we will pay you for it... but we're not going to pay you to go and play elsewhere."

That's what I would do if I was him. Cash it in. Afterwards if he is still itching for football he can go to the Scottish league.

The difference being that Barry is a good pro who has obviously looked after himself very well. 620 PL appearances.

He's being phased out recently. Understandable really, given that he turned 36 last month.

I meant more in terms of quality than fitness levels. If Koeman doesn't have a problem with carrying Barry in the team who's a walking yellow card these days then I doubt he'd veto the signing of Rooney to add to the squad options. It will be ultimately down to his wages.

Barry is way fitter than Rooney

As much as Barry is much better preserved, it's a bit of a moot point. Rooney's body took a toll at a younger age, and he peaked at an early age. Don't see it coming down to who is 'fitter' as it's very subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.