Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never really gave this any attention. But this could be actually happening this Summer.

Another hint?

No, He has been saying that the entire time, rooney literally came out with a press statement a week ago saying this but its looking almost certain he will leave in the summer. This thread might as well close up until May.

Unless he goes to China, I'm quite sure we will have to subsidise his wages anywhere else. Which I'd happily do since he can't hurt any teams of top quality on a consistent basis anymore, and that's putting it nicely.

Unless he goes to China, I'm quite sure we will have to subsidise his wages anywhere else. Which I'd happily do since he can't hurt any teams of top quality on a consistent basis anymore, and that's putting it nicely.

We only have a compulsory year on his deal after this season. If he can get £150k somewhere we'd only have to cough up around £7m. If that's the case, we just take it out of any fee we can get for him. A shit as he is he still has a huge profile and we should be about to get £10m-£15m for him.

We only have a compulsory year on his deal after this season. If he can get £150k somewhere we'd only have to cough up around £7m. If that's the case, we just take it out of any fee we can get for him. A shit as he is he still has a huge profile and we should be about to get £10m-£15m for him.

With a year left, we might not even have to give out that much if it's only a year left. At this point in his career, he might not want to risk running down his contract with his ever decreasing stock and fitness. Might take a lower annual salary, for a longer contract with more guaranteed money.

Unfortunately it was a 5.5 year extension until July 2019 so he still has 30 months left.

As per the club website "In February 2014, during his 10th season at Old Trafford, he put pen to paper on a new five-and-a-half-year contract."

Unfortunately it was a 5.5 year extension until July 2019 so he still has 30 months left.

As per the club website "In February 2014, during his 10th season at Old Trafford, he put pen to paper on a new five-and-a-half-year contract."

We tied him down to 5.5 years but the final year is our prerogative whether we activate it or not. You can find a load of sources that confirm that, we do it on all our contracts.

It's united or everton next season. He badly wants to play at another world cup. China or mls and he won't crack the England team.

We tied him down to 5.5 years but the final year is our prerogative whether we activate it or not. You can find a load of sources that confirm that, we do it on all our contracts.

Struggling to find any reliable source that suggest that's correct. Both the United website and the BBC say it's July 2019.

All new contracts seem to be structured that way but I believe Rooney's was one of the last contracts with a flat term length.

The United website states if the contracts include optional extensions, for instance "Rashford signed a new contract to keep him at United until at least June 2020 with an option to extend for a further year"

It's united or everton next season. He badly wants to play at another world cup. China or mls and he won't crack the England team.

Thing about it is, can you see him starting for either side? If he suddenly wound the clock back to 2011, sure. What's the likelihood of that though?

Jose said today he's gonna strengthen in the summer and Rooney is already behind the players here. You look at Everton, do you see Rooney playing ahead of Lukaku? If he still has delusions of playing in midfield, is he gonna start ahead of Schneiderlin, Gueye, Davies or Barclay?

People act like the rest of the league is rubbish and Rooney can just 'drop down' and command a place. Apart from the West Ham cup tie he's shown almost no evidence of being good enough to start for a top seven side. Yes he can still hit a great drive from range but that's the last thing to go. Gerrard was still doing that when it was clear as day that he was done.

Unless Rooney is willing to take a giant pay cut, and join a team that might not be in Europe next season, how can he expect guaranteed playing time?

Struggling to find any reliable source that suggest that's correct. Both the United website and the BBC say it's July 2019.

All new contracts seem to be structured that way but I believe Rooney's was one of the last contracts with a flat term length.

The United website states if the contracts include optional extensions, for instance "Rashford signed a new contract to keep him at United until at least June 2020 with an option to extend for a further year"

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...r-united-despite-chinese-interest-sky-sources

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...t-of-new-mls-franchise-los-angeles-fc-amid-n/

There's plenty others too.

Good to see Jose calling the Everton link "nonsense". I still think he's played a blinder here making it about Rooney. He's more than capable backup to hang around in the background as an experienced serviceman, he's shown that he is not going to cause any disruptions which was contrary to popular opinion. He could even find a resurgent push into the team, who knows?

Well played Jose, still think it is past overdue to shut this thread. It will save him having to come out every week when more 'nonsense' circulates and is spread around.

Mourinho must be fed up of being asked questions about Rooney every time he sits down in front of a microphone. He's for sure off in the summer, the club doesn't need that kind of distraction week in week out.

100% off in the summer. Clearly not good enough in Jose's mind to be starting, and from the comments from former team mates, Rooney will not be satisfied with not playing. Add into that all these comments from both Rooney's side and Utd's about Rooney staying to help us out for the remainder of this season.

I don't think we will force him out. If Rooney would like a transfer, he will have to lower his wage demands. None of this "paying him for the rest of his contract" bollocks.

The way Mourinho is handling the transfer business is perfect and how it should be done.

I think Mourinho is very confident Rooney will leave and he's making sure he instigates it himself.

He's made Rooney aware he's nowhere near the first team as things stands and there's more coming in ahead of him so it's completely up to Rooney if he wants to leave.

If Rooney makes that decision himself and requests a move, he will have a very hard job getting the club to cough up his contract to move him along.

It's a smart very move from Mourinho "Nobody is making you move, if you want to stay and train with us and watch in the stands every week you are more than welcome and we will pay you for it... but we're not going to pay you to go and play elsewhere."

They would though, because so many people share the nostalgic fantasy that Wayne will come good again. Even I, a Rooney critic, think he'd breath fire for Everton.

I feel Rooney is physically done.
Years of not taking proper care of himself has finally taken its toll.
He still has the skill and football brian, but his body has stopped listening to him.

He will occasionally produce a moment of magic. But they will be few and far between.

Good to see Jose calling the Everton link "nonsense". I still think he's played a blinder here making it about Rooney. He's more than capable backup to hang around in the background as an experienced serviceman, he's shown that he is not going to cause any disruptions which was contrary to popular opinion. He could even find a resurgent push into the team, who knows?

Well played Jose, still think it is past overdue to shut this thread. It will
save him having to come out every week when more 'nonsense' circulates and is spread around.

Or you can just stay out of it.

For someone with no interest in it, you make far too many posts in it.

Well played Jose, still think it is past overdue to shut this thread. It will save him having to come out every week when more 'nonsense' circulates and is spread around.

Rooney said "despite the offers I have received I have decided to stay".

Mourinho said "I left it up to Wayne and he has decided to stay".

Yet you think all the transfer talk was "nonsense".

With no transfer windows open it's the right thing to do now to get the focus back on the football. That being said, Mourinho said himself "he's here until the summer now" so it's pretty clear he expects him to go and he won't be putting up much of a fight.

Or you can just stay out of it.

For someone with no interest in it, you make far too many posts in it.
I don't have to stay out of it, I can make a rational judgement on the issue without the hyperbolic nonsense.

The issue doesn't need a re-resolution over and over, every week. The player has come out and nixed it (which is ridiculous situation, when you think about it), Jose has come out and had to nix it twice. He made the media look like idiots at the press conference. More or less saying that they are just writing complete rubbish at this stage, stringing along the emotional connection of the fans who want him to leave. They will never change that and it is ridiculous that he even has to address it at all.

At this point the re-circulation of speculative assumptions of the situation adds nothing to the discussion at all. It is resolved, he's not leaving and we should all let them get on with playing football until the summer when the issue will re-emerge in a light that warrants a credible discussion (which I will, at your request, happily leave alone). None of this does anything but fuel the continuing media distraction for the manager and the player.

Then we can rule out United because if he can't make the team competing with this attack then next season he will see his chances getting slimmer when we sign a couple of attackers.

I don't have to stay out of it, I can make a rational judgement on the issue without the hyperbolic nonsense.

The issue doesn't need a re-resolution over and over, every week. The player has come out and nixed it (which is ridiculous situation, when you think about it), Jose has come out and had to nix it twice. He made the media look like idiots at the press conference. More or less saying that they are just writing complete rubbish at this stage, stringing along the emotional connection of the fans who want him to leave. They will never change that and it is ridiculous that he even has to address it at all.

At this point the re-circulation of speculative assumptions of the situation adds nothing to the discussion at all. It is resolved, he's not leaving and we should all let them get on with playing football until the summer when the issue will re-emerge in a light that warrants a credible discussion (which I will, at your request, happily leave alone). None of this does anything but fuel the continuing media distraction for the manager and the player.
And how does a thread on a football forum affect all that?

People are free to discuss it. You seem bothered by the fact that people are actually discussing interesting football topics on a football thread.

So it's simple really, if you feel there us nothing to discuss on this issue, why simply not discuss it and allow those that want to discuss it. Your constant 'close this thread' quips every week are RAWKlike. This is the beauty of this particular forum. There is no gag order over it and that makes it one of the best.

How? That would be a completely unrealistic move for them. 15.5 million per year is almost 13% of their entire yearly turnover. 13%!

Didn't say it would be sensible. Only that they could afford it.

People do some daft things in football. (See Moyes and Rooneys current contract)

I'm a huge fan of Rooney and I'm glad he stayed and broke Sir Bobby Charlton's record but I think he's time is up. He doesn't give us anything valuable. He was given an opportunity to perform against Bournemouth and didn't do any good. Time to cash in on him and pass on the No. 10 shirt to someone a lot worthy.

West Ham are such a strange club.

They will do anything to make people believe that they are one of the top clubs in the country.

Good luck to them if they want Rooney but can they afford him is another question.

Failed striker expirement #52.

He can do a job as a 10 but if they're buying him to play as a striker, they'll be disappointed.

Wayne will only go back to Everton, I don't see him being interested in any other Premier League club.

If not then he'll go abroad somewhere, probably the MLS as it looks like the most attractive option for him and his family.

West Ham - Name your price for Defoe
Sunderland - he's not for sale
West Ham - would £6 million change your mind?

There is no way West Ham will sign Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.