Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I don't think that we are after Lukaku or that he wants to join a Mourinho side again.

Even though he would be the perfect target man post-Zlatan.

Can see him leaving in the summer to massive fanfare with Sky Sports News dedicating the whole day to him and then realizing he has done next to nothing the last 3 seasons.

Not the first time Koeman has talked about the possibility of signing Rooney. There might actually be something in this. Rooney stays up north, he gets more minutes and improves his chances for the euro 18. Everton don't have much to lose, I'm sure the fee will be low & Rooney would take a paycut. He may rediscover his spark and his experience could really help them. This seems more realistic than China to me.

He'll be playing somewhere on his own then - as the World Cup's in Russia in 2018.

Everton want him, but watch them lowball us.
Probably expect him on a free and us to pay some of his wages. Tight cnuts :mad:

Everton want him, but watch them lowball us.
Probably expect him on a free and us to pay some of his wages. Tight cnuts :mad:

Any club outside of China will require a subsidy from us, equally we will only get a fee from China.

We give Rooney to Everton and agree a fair price for Lukaku to take over when Ibra moves on :drool:

I'm sure Rooney would love to go back there but surely he'd need to take a pay cut?!

And I wonder what we'd accept for him, from Everton?

I can see United using Rooney as a bargaining chip to get Lukaku

I'm sure Rooney would love to go back there but surely he'd need to take a pay cut?!

And I wonder what we'd accept for him, from Everton?

He won't be left out of pocket from the contract he is currently on. I'd imagine that we will either accept a low fee so Everton can give him a large sign on bonus or we will put the transfer fee towards paying him off.

As for the contract he would get with Everton, it'd be no surprise if he takes less money from them to stay in the EPL to have a shot at Russia '18 than he would in China or MLS. He'd probably be targeting an MLS deal after Everton.

6 more international caps for the record. I think that's his next target.

66 more PL goals? Not sure it's possible, but reckon he might think he could do it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't United own a percentage of his image rights? If so, how does that work? Won't he have to buy it back from the club? Or would Everton pay for this as well?

6 more international caps for the record. I think that's his next target.

66 more PL goals? Not sure it's possible, but reckon he might think he could do it.

At 22 goals a season that would be 3 seasons needed after this one. He will be 33 in the third season.

He's scored more than 17 league goals in a season just twice in his whole career and the last time was 5 years ago.

If we use his average over the previous 4 seasons (not including this one) he averages 12.25 league goals a season. At that rate he would need to play another 5.38 seasons...

I think Shearers record is safe.

Personally think it'll be like Ferdinand at QPR to be honest if he does go back to Everton. One season, mediocre at best performances and then retirement talk.

Think people dismiss that idea due to his age but if you can ignore that - it looks on the cards to me.

At 22 goals a season that would be 3 seasons needed after this one. He will be 33 in the third season.

He's scored more than 17 league goals in a season just twice in his whole career and the last time was 5 years ago.

If we use his average over the previous 4 seasons (not including this one) he averages 12.25 league goals a season. At that rate he would need to play another 5.38 seasons...

I think Shearers record is safe.
He could play on until his late 30s if he really wanted it. Not sure where he'd end up after Everton though. No 2nd rate Lancashire clubs are left to ring out 8 goals a season.

He could play on until his late 30s if he really wanted it. Not sure where he'd end up after Everton though. No 2nd rate Lancashire clubs are left to ring out 8 goals a season.

He's struggled to play into his late 20s. You think he could play enough games to score that many goals?

He's struggled to play into his late 20s. You think he could play enough games to score that many goals?

I'm not convinced, but I think the records are important to him and he's got the right level of determination. Shiltons record is feasible. Shearer's he may see how far he gets.

3 years as playmaker at Everton, penalties etc then a few grubby seasons at the end to get over the line, who knows.

He won't be left out of pocket from the contract he is currently on. I'd imagine that we will either accept a low fee so Everton can give him a large sign on bonus or we will put the transfer fee towards paying him off.

As for the contract he would get with Everton, it'd be no surprise if he takes less money from them to stay in the EPL to have a shot at Russia '18 than he would in China or MLS. He'd probably be targeting an MLS deal after Everton.

He isn't worth a transfer fee given his contract. We'd have to give him away for free or close to nothing to give any incentive to a buying club, unless he goes to China where he would still have some value.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't United own a percentage of his image rights? If so, how does that work? Won't he have to buy it back from the club? Or would Everton pay for this as well?

Could be used to cut the "fee" we have to pay Rooney to step down from his big contract with us.

Otherwise either Everton or himself would have to buy them back. However, I think IF Everton would really be interested a deal could be structured.

I don't think he will improve at Everton nor do i think he will go there. If i were him i'd go to the U.S.

What else is he supposed to say? The commercial benefits will be advantageous for the club and in turn benefit Koeman when he needs money to spend. Besides, having an extra body makes any team stronger regardless of quality.

They tried to sign him on loan? As I said earlier, tight cnuts. I am sure they expect to be paid for the pleasure of taking Rooney.

Koeman talking about Rooney:

"I still think Wayne Rooney is playing at a high level and he made a good choice staying at Manchester United and in the Premier League.

"He still has two or three years in front of him to play at the highest level. What will happen at the end of the season, I do not know? In my opinion he's one of the players who can make Everton stronger than they are now.

"It’s all about what the players likes, what Manchester United need to do and we are not involved in that project. Every player who we feel can make the team stronger is welcome at Everton."

http://www.skysports.com/football/l...=referral&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Sounds a bit like the useal 'blabla' when talking about a previous player but I could imagne that this may be a move Wazza would actually consider.

The only way Everton would take him is on a free AND with United paying at least half the salary.

We best had not sign this ungrateful cnut.
Im really struggling to think of another example where supporters of the current club of a player want him to go somewhere, a whole lot more than the supporters of the receiving club want to take him.

Im really struggling to think of another example where supporters of the current club of a player want him to go somewhere, a whole lot more than the supporters of the receiving club want to take him.
Actually, quite common. What makes this case special, is the fact that the player is the club's record scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.