Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proven wrong in which way. The guy has just spent the whole of February trying to secure a move away from the club. How is that being supportive of his role as a squad member
Rooney owns the media (apparently), has a fantastic agent who'd easily get him a move and he's spent the entire month trying to move away and not managed it? Seems very unlikely to me.

Are there any Rooney defenders left on the Caf? Does anyone believe his statement of not kicking up a fuss and wanting to stay and help the team. Look at the facts. Hardly available in February due to illness/sickness. Suddenly last week the evening before a Europa game all the Journalists start asking Mourinho about Rooney. Is he leaving etc. Does anyone actually believe Rooney's camp had not leaked something out there that he was unhappy trying to engineer a move away.

For whatever reason that move broke down. Was it his wage demands? Did the chinese realize come to their senses and realize he is finished? Did Coleen put her foot down realizing that Wayne has enough problems with English language, never mind Chinese. Was it a contributing factor of all of the above.

This guy is a snake, a greedy tw@t and will never be a club legend in my eyes. Ibra coming in this season has provided Mourinho the perfect excuse to take him out of the team and even the precious English journalists and media cannot kick up a fuss about Wayne not playing. He is clearly finished at this level.I absolutely gurantee that Mourinho will not be impressed by his behaviour either.
Don't sit on the fence tho mate haha

I never was a fan of him and want him out as much as anyone, but some of this shit is getting ridiculous. He was genuinely happy that we won a trophy and would have been the same if he didn't even make the bench.
Love these "never been a fan" statements, would like to know your thoughts when he was scoring screamers every season and became our only real talisman man when Ronnie bailed for Madrid

The hate in Phil Jones 79 seems to make Sparky actually quite fond of Rooney :lol:

Love these "never been a fan" statements, would like to know your thoughts when he was scoring screamers every season and became our only real talisman man when Ronnie bailed for Madrid
I guess you can dig my posts from 2011 or 2012, when he was still a very good player. I just never was a fan of him despite that he was a great player. Between Ronaldo and De Gea, my favorite players were Rafael and Hernandez, neither a world beater. All of VDS, Evra, Rio, Vidic and of course Giggs and Scholes were player I liked more than him during that time.

Rooney was always that guy who plays well but I never really loved him like I did some other United players, and after 2010 I thought that his relation with United was purely professional, so appreciate him while he's good, dumb him when he isn't.

I wonder how much he's going to play this season. He seems to be behind Ibrahimovic, Rashford, Martial, Mkhitaryan, Mata and Lingard now.

I wonder how much he's going to play this season. He seems to be behind Ibrahimovic, Rashford, Martial, Mkhitaryan, Mata and Lingard now.
he is probably third choice amongst all those respective positions, you can see Lingard played because he had pace which you need if you have a 35yr old up front (no matter how good) and mata on the wing, playing Rooney would of gave Southampton every chance of pushing up.
I think its only Zlatan and Mata Rooney can compete with because although he is a better footballer than Jesse he doesn't have the pace that he martial mhiki or Rashford have, ideally we'd rest Zlatan from time to time but he is the only player scoring so he can't be dropped right now.

I guess you can dig my posts from 2011 or 2012, when he was still a very good player. I just never was a fan of him despite that he was a great player. Between Ronaldo and De Gea, my favorite players were Rafael and Hernandez, neither a world beater. All of VDS, Evra, Rio, Vidic and of course Giggs and Scholes were player I liked more than him during that time.

Rooney was always that guy who plays well but I never really loved him like I did some other United players, and after 2010 I thought that his relation with United was purely professional, so appreciate him while he's good, dumb him when he isn't.
I'm good matey not that arsed, he was a cult hero for many in his better days. He was exactly what you wanted in a United player, passion aggression and on a knife edge between brilliant and boiling over, his goals against Newcastle (volley) Wigan (where he fell over then battled back past 2 players to toe poke it home) West Ham (hat trick) all fantastic moments in every single season until recently.
Never bought the hype behind Rafael, he was always a liability which would cost us games, I don't think liking those players more than Rooney is a bad thing they were all greats but to not be a fan when he was a top top player is mental

Did anyone pick up on Zlatan's quote from yesterday?

“No, no. I will stop on top. I will not play one game by being Ibrahimovic and for what I did before. If I don’t perform, if I don’t bring results, I will not play.

“I will not be like other players, playing because they make a great career and name and they are still playing because they are who they are. I will play as long as I can bring results.”

;)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...r-united-superstar-zlatan-ibrahimovic-9926785

I am not surprised by such comments. Ibra is a proud man. Once he's not good anymore he'll simply retire.

"Ssssssh. He's right behind you."

manchester_uniteds_zlatan_ibrahimovic_and_wayne_rooney_l_in_acti_280253.jpg

Koeman talking about Rooney:

"I still think Wayne Rooney is playing at a high level and he made a good choice staying at Manchester United and in the Premier League.

"He still has two or three years in front of him to play at the highest level. What will happen at the end of the season, I do not know? In my opinion he's one of the players who can make Everton stronger than they are now.

"It’s all about what the players likes, what Manchester United need to do and we are not involved in that project. Every player who we feel can make the team stronger is welcome at Everton."

http://www.skysports.com/football/l...=referral&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Sounds a bit like the useal 'blabla' when talking about a previous player but I could imagne that this may be a move Wazza would actually consider.

Will take a massive subsidy from us if he does go there, I'd also expect him to last till the Jan transfer window after Koeman realizes his error.

Wide forwards need either guile or pace.

Cam = Barklay, so I just don't see it?

"I still think Wayne Rooney is playing at a high level and he made a good choice staying at Manchester United and in the Premier League.

"He still has two or three years in front of him to play at the highest level. What will happen at the end of the season, I do not know? In my opinion he's one of the players who can make Everton stronger than they are now.

"It’s all about what the players likes, what Manchester United need to do and we are not involved in that project. Every player who we feel can make the team stronger is welcome at Everton."

http://www.skysports.com/football/l...=referral&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Sounds a bit like the useal 'blabla' when talking about a previous player but I could imagne that this may be a move Wazza would actually consider.

I don't think Koeman would actually move in for him. He is not good enough anymore (sadly), and he would still command very large salaries.

Lukaku swap deal incoming.

Id love if Rooney went there and we got Lukaku. Just to see it slowly dawn on them exactly what they've done.
Haha yup. But in all seriousness Koeman has been talking up Lukaku leaving, and is now talking up Rooney returning, so everyone's a winner.

Wlash (Everton director of football) also talking about a possible return:

"Rooney is one of the greatest players ever to play in Enbgland. For us not to be interested in him it would be wrong. If the opportunity arose for him to come back, and it sat right with everybody, then its something we’d look at.

"He's a class apart. All the things said about him are true and I think he’s one of England’s greatest ever players, so why would he not be of interest to us?"
http://www.skysports.com/football/l...rton-live?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Wonder what this is all about..

Should simply be a bit of media rubbish while Sky Sports is visiting their training ground. However, knowing that their fans could actually be keen on a return this would be some trolling of their own fans.

Even though I highly admire Wazza for his services in the past years I think it is time to move on. We simply can't play him as a starter on a anymore and his wages are way too high for a squad player.

Not the first time Koeman has talked about the possibility of signing Rooney. There might actually be something in this. Rooney stays up north, he gets more minutes and improves his chances for the euro 18. Everton don't have much to lose, I'm sure the fee will be low & Rooney would take a paycut. He may rediscover his spark and his experience could really help them. This seems more realistic than China to me.

Not the first time Koeman has talked about the possibility of signing Rooney. There might actually be something in this. Rooney stays up north, he gets more minutes and improves his chances for the euro 18. Everton don't have much to lose, I'm sure the fee will be low & Rooney would take a paycut. He may rediscover his spark and his experience could really help them. This seems more realistic than China to me.

Everton seems like the only option Rooney would ever consider to me.

China has never been an option for him simply due to his family.

Wayne is unquestionably a club legend. The face of the club and English football for 10 years but I'd trade him straight up for Barkley, Coleman or Lukaku even though Everton would never do it.
We probably should have let him go 3 or 4 years ago and went with a Wes Sneijder or similar player.
The concern then was the wage bill and not ruffling Rooney's feathers. He HAD to be the highest paid player on the roster. We stuck with Rooney, Fletcher, Jonny Evans and Cleverley. There were also the Greg Dyke types concerned (valid concern) about British players losing their place on English teams. Quite a complicated situation but was certainly when we started to decline in spite of Fergies last year heroics.

Everton on a free? Good with me.

IF this would happen - that's the only way. They will never pay us a fee and I guess we wouldn't stand in the way of any transfer - simply due to the wages.

Moreover we could position ourselves as the generous club letting it's legend go on a free to rejoin his childhood club. :cool:

I like and appreciate him for all of his contributions to United, but I think now he is finished to play in high level. so hopefully next season I dont see his name in our players list again. he cant show to us why he deserves to get high salary like other stars in our team.

If he goes to Everton, United will be paying him for 18 months most likely. But you know I wouldn't oppose it too much, it'd be the fitting final chapter, keeps good relations with them, so should open up Lukaku either directly in the same deal or post-Zlatan.

Status
Not open for further replies.