Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad he`s staying , we have got a lot of games to go this season and if we have any kind of injury problems we will need our squad and Jose seems to be doing ok with his rotation . His wages don`t bother me at all , when the club offered him the contract he would have been daft to turn it down so don`t blame Rooney at all . Hopefully we don`t suffer with injuries as we`ve got a good balance to the team now but if he is called on I hope he does well . It would be nice to see him win the Europa and complete the set .

I'm glad he's staying too. I cant believe he's being called a parasite by a Manchester United supporter.

Last edited:
Doesn't bother me because it's quite obvious this is his last season anyway, he could still come off the bench or be an option in games where our better players are rested.

Fffffuuuuuu
Basically a good thing he's staying for the rest of the season, but I really hope we can replace him during the summer!

Doesn't bother me because it's quite obvious this is his last season anyway, he could still come off the bench or be an option in games where our better players are rested.
Apparently, it's better if Mourinho doesn't have that option. I mean, he's only one of the best managers in all of history. And he only chooses to throw Rooney into almost every game he's fit for.

It's almost like Mourinho sees something that armchair fans aren't able to see because he has a better understanding of football than everyone else.

Fffffuuuuuu
Basically a good thing he's staying for the rest of the season, but I really hope we can replace him during the summer!
If you ignore the wages (which I can, because I don't care), you won't find a more productive and influential sub anywhere.

Yes, by suggesting IF it prevents us bringing in FURTHER world class players, re read that post on that particular point.

The problem with that is, he shouldn't have been a first team player for the last 3-4 years let alone just fading out now a few months ago. I don't think you understand the value he brings to the dressing room having actually not been there on a regular basis, same goes for myself.

I prefer Lingard to Rooney, he makes smart runs in behind, he scores a few, he can actually dribble past players from time to time. I actually prefer giving youth players a start over Rooney in recent times if we were to get rocked by injuries. This bit is opinionated but the fact Rooney offers almost nothing on the pitch is clear for everyone to see. Again, 250k a week, if someone is willing to take them wages for such a below average player I say bite their hand off for it.

Zlatan is every bit of leader if not better than Rooney, on 23 goals at the age of 34, Rooney SURELY wouldn't be missed in the dressing room especially if we still have Carrick and Zlatan. By the way Zlatan gets paid LESS than Rooney, criminal.
Nicely back tracked, oh no no I didn't mean that point I meant "IF" lol
Lingard is shite and offers less hence why is way down the pecking order, Blackburn looked too good for him.
Multiple managers have chosen him as their leader so that speaks volumes and is safe to say he is a leader whether on or off the pitch, facts speak for them self.
I agree Zlatan seems a good leader but you can't tell me that because I'm not actually in the dressing I'm not allowed to say Rooney is a positive influence, only to then go on to say Zlatan is better haha
Some funky double standards going on here

Really disappointed if he doesn't go, we could do with his wages for Griezman etc.

He will leave at the end of the season, he's surplus to requirements. He can still help this season as we have a lot of games coming thick and fast, injuries, resting our key players etc. He could be an option.

He's off in the summer which is absolutely fantastic news. Fine with him being a body to rest key players in won / unimportant games for the remainder of this season. Should never be used as an impact player though. Fluke free kick against Stoke aside he has contributed nothing for years.

Really disappointed if he doesn't go, we could do with his wages for Griezman etc.
His wages won't affect our ability to sign anyone. We're rich, bi-atch!

I don't get this obsession with our accounts. There really is no difference between being excited about Rooney going to free up wages and signing another sponspor to boost the bank balance. As long as the money is there, and it most certainly is, just be happy we have a substitute with a goal/assist every 106 minutes in the PL and EL, who's willing to fight for his place.

His wages won't affect our ability to sign anyone. We're rich, bi-atch!

I don't get this obsession with our accounts. There really is no difference between being excited about Rooney going to free up wages and signing another sponspor to boost the bank balance. As long as the money is there, and it most certainly is, just be happy we have a substitute with a goal/assist every 106 minutes in the PL and EL, who's willing to fight for his place.

So you don't think the club has a target of wages as a proportion of revenue?

The wage bill is a massive budgetary influence for PL clubs, I'd rather be paying out top wages to someone who is contributing a lot for top wages. He's way past his best, we've paid him a fortune, and he's contributing very little, just get the feck over Wayne fecking Rooney.

If he wants to play he should do like Fletcher did and go to a team where he would play, the club and manager were clearly happy for him to go which tells him exactly how he's viewed, yet he lingers around to keep getting money without having to do anything for it.
So he should just pick a team where he wants to play and that team should take him. Is that how it works?

So you don't think the club has a target of wages as a proportion of revenue?

The wage bill is a massive budgetary influence for PL clubs, I'd rather be paying out top wages to someone who is contributing a lot for top wages. He's way past his best, we've paid him a fortune, and he's contributing very little, just get the feck over Wayne fecking Rooney.
23-02-201722-52-396kr5d.png

Our wage to turnover ratio is not a concern. We're the best in England and the big sides in Europe don't come close either.

Have you heard of ROI?
I don't cheer Balance Statements. I don't get excited when I see P+L accounts. I don't a hard on when someone talks about Cash Flow.

I support a football team who's finances are healthy. Rooney is in no way hindering our chances of success, either on the pitch or off it. We make too much money for his wages to impact anything.

Redknapp was about right when he said his agent likely didn't get the deal he wanted in China, so it left Rooney with little option to say he's staying, if not he would have said something earlier.

In the absence of a injury crisis I doubt we'll see much of him at all now, I just hope things are done smoothly with him in the summer.

I don't cheer Balance Statements. I don't get excited when I see P+L accounts. I don't a hard on when someone talks about Cash Flow.

I support a football team who's finances are healthy. Rooney is in no way hindering our chances of success, either on the pitch or off it. We make too much money for his wages to impact anything.

I think he's past his sell by date, and that it's naive to think there's a never ending budget for players. Ultimately Rooney's wages are keeping someone else(s) out of the squad.

Redknapp was about right when he said his agent likely didn't get the deal he wanted in China, so it left Rooney with little option to say he's staying, if not he would have said something earlier.

In the absence of a injury crisis I doubt we'll see much of him at all now, I just hope things are done smoothly with him in the summer.

Bingo.

The world and its uncle can see Rooney's not what he was half a dozen years ago. Nobody is going to pay him what Moyes agreed to, even clubs in China. He staying because his wages at Utd are better than anything he can get elsewhere. Anyone who can't see that is blind.

So he should just pick a team where he wants to play and that team should take him. Is that how it works?

If playing is what drives him then he'd drop his wages to go to a team that would play him as a main first 11 player, are you telling me that if he told his agent to let clubs know he'd drop his wage to 90k a week, that several of the mid table PL teams wouldn't want to buy him?

What drives him is playing at the highest level possible, even if that means a reduction in minutes.

I'd rather play 10 minutes per season for United than 3000 in China.

Don´t get the hate about him. The club is rich enough, he deserves the money after what he has done for this club...

Haha I am chilled and yes, it's a forum so I'm engaging with posters. No points from you either then.

You're both missing my point entirely. I said anyone who wants Rooney sold now can't really be a United supporter as he can't be replaced now, the wages we save are a drop in the ocean, he's one of few experienced squad members which we have and he's our club captain!

I'm happy for him to leave in the summer, when we get Griezmann in.

Hardly, I was talking about the now. I agree the money isn't the biggest concern from now till summer, but minutes perhaps I would give to someone else who I feel can make more a of a contribution. Both fair points though, from now till end of the season.

Still don't see how it equates to not being a United fan though.

Loads of sources report it. The final year in all United contracts for the past 5+ years have been for X+1 Year deals.

Fair point mate they do all seem to be like that in recent years.

Nicely back tracked, oh no no I didn't mean that point I meant "IF" lol
Lingard is shite and offers less hence why is way down the pecking order, Blackburn looked too good for him.
Multiple managers have chosen him as their leader so that speaks volumes and is safe to say he is a leader whether on or off the pitch, facts speak for them self.
I agree Zlatan seems a good leader but you can't tell me that because I'm not actually in the dressing I'm not allowed to say Rooney is a positive influence, only to then go on to say Zlatan is better haha
Some funky double standards going on here
I mean if you read what I said in my other post a couple ago and actually READ what I said then you wouldn't feel I had backtracked. You're boring now have a good evening, don't go round creating too much drama my little sunshine.

What drives him is playing at the highest level possible, even if that means a reduction in minutes.

I'd rather play 10 minutes per season for United than 3000 in China.

So the "boy that just wants to play football", is now "the man that only wants to play top flight football and would rather sit on the bench than earn a living at a lower level".

Doesn't have much of a ring to it.

I mean if you read what I said in my other post a couple ago and actually READ what I said then you wouldn't feel I had backtracked. You're boring now have a good evening, don't go round creating too much drama my little sunshine.
Haha can't debate further so tries to belittle the poster, standard troll.
Pleased he is staying because he offers much needed experience in our busy run in.
Even if in your opinion it shows "a lack of ambition " (you sound a lot like Rooney there) to keep the clubs greatest scorer for 5 months longer

So the "boy that just wants to play football", is now "the man that only wants to play top flight football and would rather sit on the bench than earn a living at a lower level".

He's a street footballer. So long as it's Easy Street.

It would have been different if he actually played 10 minutes every game. He's barely fit to get a minute. Highest level of benching more like

And so long as it's his ball and he's playing where he wants and he gets to pick his team.
Entitlement 101:
Wayne Rooney said:
“I have heard a lot of people talking about transition – well, let me do it. If that is what’s going to happen, let me do that. I feel I am not being given a chance if that is the way I want to go in my career to expand it."

“I am not being given that chance to go from there to there [attack to midfield]. It is all right talking about your career, saying you can extend it by doing this and that, but you need to be given the chance to do it.”

He's off in the summer which is absolutely fantastic news. Fine with him being a body to rest key players in won / unimportant games for the remainder of this season. Should never be used as an impact player though. Fluke free kick against Stoke aside he has contributed nothing for years.
Fluke free kick almost had me, then I read hasn't contributed anything for years haha the hatred is strong in this one

There's nothing wrong with what he said. You've just decided he's the boogey-man so every utterance has some kind of hosility/malice to it.
Fond of assumptions, aren't you? For instance, I've never played Football Manager.

Entitlement 101:
I'm sorry I don't understand I don't see anything wrong with his quote but is that your point?
He was saying he needed a chance to show he can adapt, I don't see where entitlement comes in surely that's just common sense

Status
Not open for further replies.